test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you keybind multiple emotes?

Greetings everyone,

I had a question about the binding function in Champions Online and, after searching through the web for the past hour, have yet to find a solution.

At first I was trying to simply bind a dance emote to my character to celebrate the success of Alerts
/bind Numpad1 "emote Dance_Flair" (Works fine)

Then I learned you could combine multiple functions to one binding to get some rather cool and complex dynamics for your character using $$ between functions and + operators.
However, for my purpose, I just needed a simple dance and a thank you to the team.

/bind Numpad1 "emote Dance_Flair $$ local Thanks gang!" (Works fine)

However, the big issue I'm running into right now is binding multiple emote functions. According to this forum post years ago http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/2245 one player stated that is was possible to combine emotes so that one ran after the other to create some really personalized expressions.

This was strange however because every example and guide I've seen on the subject never use two emotes as an example.

So I tested: (My character is breakdance themed)

/bind Numpad1 "emote Dance_Flair $$ emote Dance_Sidestep" (Code only ran the Flair animation)

/bind Numpad1 "emote Dance_Sidestep $$ emote Dance_Flair" (Code only ran the Flair animation)

So then I hypothesized that, due to the fact some of the dance emotes are continuous (like Sidestep) maybe the animation gets cancelled out before it ever starts, so I switched emotes to test.

/bind Numpad1 "emote Countdown $$ emote Whirl" (Code only ran Whirl animation)
/bind Numpad1 "emote Whirl $$ emote Countdown" (Code only ran Whirl animation)

/bind Numpad1 "emote bow $$ emote bye" (Code only ran bow animation)
/bind Numpad1 "emote bye $$ emote bow" (Code only ran bow animation)

The emote parameters don't accept + as they demand <string> only. So there goes my guess of the issue being user input and pressing the key down long enough.

Was the forum post incorrect and there's no way to run two emotes back to back? Did Perfect World change anything in regards to key binding in the last 6 years or am I simply using bad code syntax and should be a different line to accomplish a multiple emote bind animation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Yous gonna crash the game with stringed emotes. :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    There isnt any command queuing for multiple action in one keybind. So one emote will just overwrite the other.
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    You can (?) string on of each type in the same command line: Text, Emote, Power Activate, Power Queue, Costume Change.
    I forget the command text specifics, but you can: Stripe a pose, shout your toon's power word, activate a self-target power, and change costumes in the same string. Ex: Pose + Shazam! + Elec Armor (?) + Costume Change.

Also, you can (?) put the same or different text in multiple chat channels in the same command: SG: On my way + Team: Let's go + Local: Sorry, SG calling.
    *Strike a pose.

Power Activate and Queue can also affect devices if you command the call to activate the slot or call by name.

Unless things have changed since June.
    aiqa wrote: »
    There isnt any command queuing for multiple action in one keybind. So one emote will just overwrite the other.

Somewhere in my notes from a few years ago, I found the "catch and release" command that activates the first string on key press and the second on key release - it's in the very long bind thread from several years ago written by someone else. >.>

Also, Camera changes can be added to a variable string, but only one change per string. Ex: The "Shazam" costume change above + camera rotation around character. Not sure if there is a camera shake option.

Whenever I get back into the game, I will test some more.