test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/25/2018

Comments

• grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Anniversary Gifts are now bind on pickup.
    ​​

As a blue guy said:
    "Without condoning... or condemning. I understand."

Cool new skins this year. This wolf hair is badass.
    Hope there's will be even more next week.

You gave us a lot of new tools to design classic fairy tale witches. Cross my fingers for a broom travel power, travel device and/or broom vehicle to complete the picture.
    It would stick perfectly with halloween theme, and people ask for it each year. And imagine next MC race on a flying broom.

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Unbinding event bags were being used in a manner that we found to be damaging to the events. Binding them to character has addressed the various unintended behaviors that players were partaking in.

I'd be curious to know what those behaviors were. I don't have a lot of time to play. This is likely to be another week where I miss out. I missed a pair of cats because of my schedule issues.

I was hoping to collect enough bags to share with another toon and to get them a few of the event aura's. When I log in I have to decide which toon to play and I have to set a timer, I'm barely making the grinds these events require to get much of anything out of these events with just a single character.​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I don't understand the change to the crypt missions. Do you actually think people would bother with crypt missions after the changes you guys made to the undead heroes? I mean do a lame **** crypt for sad rewards or switch zones for another pain train? Not at all a difficult decision.

This has little to do with the current changes and was always the case. As you describe, currently the scenario is "do a lame **** crypt for sad rewards or switch zones for another pain train", whereas before it was "do a lame **** crypt for even more sad rewards OR keep training non stop in the same zone".
    Nope, been over this with you when the changes were initially made, but originally there weren't pain trains. Most of the Undead heroes people were able to defeat solo. The moment they changed the undead heroes to need "pain trains" was the moment the crypts were obsolete.
    In fact, the current changes actually leave a downtime in one zone for you to be able to go from crypt to crypt doing the quests instead of going into 1 crypt, getting out, and catching up with a train in order to do the next.
    the fact you think you can rejoin a pain train after doing a crypt tells me you didn't bother doing the crypts last year. You can enter the crypt from a pain train but when you exit the crypt you'll be in another zone and the zone with the pain train will be full. All that's changed this year is that the pain trains have to switch zones to keep chugging along. Nobody should ever get off a train to do a crypt. It's not worth it by unintentional design.
    The crypts have always been there for a) the daily quests and b) the weekly (now yearly) quest, ie. an extra source of Coins for when your toon starts getting diminishing returns from training.​​
    A ) no, originally the crypt missions were repeatable. I've assembled action figures on the same day by doing multiple crypt runs.
    B ) No, weekly missions were added recently and thus haven't always been there.
    Spoiler: People weren't doing the trains cause of the Crypt missions
    ​​
    Exactly
    Crypts are the last vestiges of what used to be my favorite event. Much like the hip bones on a whale they're pointless, some folks might be fooled by thinking that those mission given out by Dweomer might make crypts useful, 10 per day and 65 for the year seems like a lot of coins, but what you might not realize is that you can only get into a crypt when the undead hero has been defeated, the heroes can only be defeated by a big group, and entering a crypt takes you to another map meaning you leave the zone. In practice this means that if you're foolish enough to leave a group to do a crypt getting back into a zone with a group defeating undead heroes can take as long, if not longer, then doing the crypt in the first place. You can get coins faster by just doing two loops of a pain train once per day.
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Unbinding event bags were being used in a manner that we found to be damaging to the events. Binding them to character has addressed the various unintended behaviors that players were partaking in.

I'd be curious to know what those behaviors were. I don't have a lot of time to play. This is likely to be another week where I miss out. I missed a pair of cats because of my schedule issues.

I was hoping to collect enough bags to share with another toon and to get them a few of the event aura's. When I log in I have to decide which toon to play and I have to set a timer, I'm barely making the grinds these events require to get much of anything out of these events with just a single character.​​
    Likely this is the very thing they're trying to prevent. It should be pretty obvious at this point that the current dev team despises alts and wants to kick them in the teeth any chance they can get. If they were just trying to stop people from selling treat bags binding them to account would have solved that, but no, it's pretty clear that they're trying to stop people from sharing amongst their own toons. It's not a mistake. Most of the changes to CO have been designed to punish alts.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    It should be pretty obvious at this point that the current dev team despises alts and wants to kick them in the teeth any chance they can get.

To me it actually sounds like the current dev team actually loves alts and is trying to encourage people to actually play said alts instead of just letting them collect dust, farming with your main , log in on your alts to collect the rewards and then don't play them again till next year when you'd have repeated the same cycle.

Just a thought \o/​​
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    It should be pretty obvious at this point that the current dev team despises alts and wants to kick them in the teeth any chance they can get.

To me it actually sounds like the current dev team actually loves alts and is trying to encourage people to actually play said alts instead of just letting them collect dust, farming with your main , log in on your alts to collect the rewards and then don't play them again till next year when you'd have repeated the same cycle.

Just a thought \o/

Fair enough.

I don't think that explains why the Anniversary and Halloween gifts suddenly became Bind on Pickup. If it is due to some Auction House (or trade) abuse, there are plenty of mission items that still make their way into the Auction House (zombie water bomb, to name 1) and shouldn't. When will these be fixed?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"

Just a thought \o/​​

Really? They're encouraging alts by making things bind to character? By increasing the amount of mods and stupid junk to clog up our inventories? By capping the amount of toons we can have? By increasing the amount of time between events and limiting people in zones so it's harder to switch toons and jump right into a fight? By removing the option to buy account wide costume slots? By making every new bit of new and reworked older content to require more people to do so there's that much more organization needed to do anything?

Well, I mean if that's all to encourage alts I'd hate to think what they'd do to hinder alts. I mean as is I only get to play my main toon and a couple of alts because I don't have the time to run these events anymore. I used to play six to ten toons for an event like this but now I have to spend a lot of time waiting to do stuff, trying to get into zones that are doing things, unlocking emotes that I'd love to have on all my toons but for some reason only unlocks on one. I'm sure character bound costume pieces are in the works.
    > @guyhumual said:

> Really? They're encouraging alts by making things bind to character? By increasing the amount of mods and stupid junk to clog up our inventories? By capping the amount of toons we can have? By increasing the amount of time between events and limiting people in zones so it's harder to switch toons and jump right into a fight? By removing the option to buy account wide costume slots?

I thought we were discussing the current patch notes in the current patch notes thread, in which the current changes encourage playing alts. No wonder we were having a hard time understanding each other, you were talking about something else entirely

Woops \o/
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Making things BoP discourages having or creating alts. That's the distinction that you're missing. Yes, if you've already -got- some alt, and want a thing on it, then having that thing being BoP forces you to play that alt.

But if you're looking at a thing, and thinking "Hey, what neat stuff can I do with this?", and then you realize it's BoP and you can't make your ghost pirate (or whatever) without cranking a new character up to level 10, then slogging through the event missions on that low-level character... That's a pretty strong barrier to actually making that alt compared to "Oh, I'll just buy this on my main and send it over".
    Apparently "making things bind to character" like say treat bags didn't happen in this update now. Apparently "increasing the amount of time between events" like undead heroes, thrash the Lich king and night of the undead heroes didn't happen in this update ether. See when you mention other things that have been bad for alts it means stuff that happened this week that fit the pattern don't actually count as having happened anymore. Man I wish I'd known those were the rules.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    Also you can just buy event tokens anyway from drifter salvage, making the trick or treat bags bind on pickup just deters people doing the event and getting tokens from activities not involved in the event, hurting the actual event by reducing reasons to do it as it gives you nothing (hardly anything to spend coins on added and nothing gained to pass on/trade)
    edited October 2018
    Apparently "making things bind to character" like say treat bags didn't happen in this update now. Apparently "increasing the amount of time between events" like undead heroes, thrash the Lich king and night of the undead heroes didn't happen in this update ether. See when you mention other things that have been bad for alts it means stuff that happened this week that fit the pattern don't actually count as having happened anymore. Man I wish I'd known those were the rules.

I was quoting you from a phone, and thus couldn't arse myself to isolate the specific quotes in which you were talking about something completely different ("capping the amount of character slots" "making costume slots character bound" "adding more mods that blablabla"). The part regarding bags and the cooldown of quests I have already replied to in my previous posts. I'm afraid we might be stuck on a loop right here.
    Also you can just buy event tokens anyway from drifter salvage, making the trick or treat bags bind on pickup just deters people doing the event and getting tokens from activities not involved in the event, hurting the actual event by reducing reasons to do it as it gives you nothing (hardly anything to spend coins on added and nothing gained to pass on/trade)

Friendly redirecting to this post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12819581

As an extra, I haven't logged in to game yet today, but as I said, yesterday there were trains running in multiple zones and in the instances where I entered a crypt and exited in a trainless zone all I had to do was yell "X Hero Zone Y TOOT TOOT" in chat and 10+ people would flock to join the fun within seconds. Maybe it's my people's charm at work.

The only moment I saw trains stopping at all was when a certain SG started griefing heroes with OVs, and I'm pretty sure the devs will work a solution out by next week \o/

Also, there's like 5 new costumes added with 3 new transformations that can drop from DLs as a BoE version that you can pass on or trade. Are you sure you have been playing this event?​​
    edited October 2018
    Friendly redirecting to this post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12819581

As an extra, I haven't logged in to game yet today, but as I said, yesterday there were trains running in multiple zones and in the instances where I entered a crypt and exited in a trainless zone all I had to do was yell "X Hero Zone Y TOOT TOOT" in chat and 10+ people would flock to join the fun within seconds. Maybe it's my people's charm at work.

The only moment I saw trains stopping at all was when a certain SG started griefing heroes with OVs, and I'm pretty sure the devs will work a solution out by next week \o/

Also, there's like 5 new costumes added with 3 new transformations that can drop from DLs as a BoE version that you can pass on or trade. Are you sure you have been playing this event?​​

The few additions to the store take no time to get, already had those from previous weeks without need to open a single bag, going into this new week the new items didn't even make a dent in the coins i already had and the thousands of accumulated bags I have from not opening a single one since the event started as no need.

Regarding trains I have seen them yes, they start and stop and stutter along, previous years was 1+ non stop train going endlessly for the whole event - this year its already stuttering after a couple of days.

Not to mention the fact that now the coins for the heroes are laughable - you get them faster doing trick or treat or even just killing non event trash mobs for the bags.

But none of what you said addresses my quote above that binding the bags was a pointless act as you can still trade event currency at will anyway. All binding the bags does is hurt the event by reducing reasons to take part.

• gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    morigosa wrote: »
    Making things BoP discourages having or creating alts. That's the distinction that you're missing. Yes, if you've already -got- some alt, and want a thing on it, then having that thing being BoP forces you to play that alt.

But if you're looking at a thing, and thinking "Hey, what neat stuff can I do with this?", and then you realize it's BoP and you can't make your ghost pirate (or whatever) without cranking a new character up to level 10, then slogging through the event missions on that low-level character... That's a pretty strong barrier to actually making that alt compared to "Oh, I'll just buy this on my main and send it over".

^ this

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    edited October 2018
    morigosa wrote: »

It must be a distinction that every MMO ever must be missing to see, since I know no MMO that makes content with "perphaps x player will someday maybe have a use for it in the future but not sure though" in mind.
    But none of what you said addresses my quote above that binding the bags was a pointless act as you can still trade event currency at will anyway. All binding the bags does is hurt the event by reducing reasons to take part.

But...you just said that you weren't taking part in the event regardless of the bags being bound or not

Right here

The few additions to the store take no time to get, already had those from previous weeks without need to open a single bag, going into this new week the new items didn't even make a dent in the coins i already had and the thousands of accumulated bags I have from not opening a single one since the event started as no need.

See???

Now that bags are bound to character people will have to participate on their "maybe alts that they might someday create but not sure about it though"

Also I don't get what you are complaining about the additions. Were you expecting 20 new pieces per week? When has that ever happened? 2 years ago, the only additions the store received where the wolf head, mane, tail and nightmare crow head. Last year we got the Mane Neck, Mane Collar, Machete, Wolf Sleek and Living Sword. This year so far we had at least 2-3 pieces added every week, not counting the Transformations, and event lasts 4 weeks this year, meaning we are probably still missing rewards, so so far this year has added the most rewards and the most alternatives to getting those rewards.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Spoiler: People weren't doing the trains cause of the Crypt missions ​​
    Exactly
    Crypts are the last vestiges of what used to be my favorite event. Much like the hip bones on a whale they're pointless, some folks might be fooled by thinking that those mission given out by Dweomer might make crypts useful, 10 per day and 65 for the year seems like a lot of coins, but what you might not realize is that you can only get into a crypt when the undead hero has been defeated, the heroes can only be defeated by a big group, and entering a crypt takes you to another map meaning you leave the zone. In practice this means that if you're foolish enough to leave a group to do a crypt getting back into a zone with a group defeating undead heroes can take as long, if not longer, then doing the crypt in the first place. You can get coins faster by just doing two loops of a pain train once per day.
    Heh, you can 4-man the open missions. Of course a team that can beat the OM boss can easily steam roll the crypt. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    On the topic of trains, for the 2nd consecutive night I TOOT TOOTed zone chat and people came swarming in to join the fight. So dunno where this "trains stutter" or "trains are not happening" is coming from.

Maybe you are not as liked by the community as I am bear-26.gif​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Eh, no word from the devs about how sharing bags around was damaging the event. I just hate BoP generally. To my mind it shouldn't matter to the devs if a player wants to use 100 alts to gather rewards for an event or just 1. Reduces the freedom of enjoying the content.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Nah, it's fantastic, I'm pleased as punch that the game is working for you. Personally I'd like for everyone to have the same experience but whatever, I guess I'm just selfish that way.
    edited October 2018
    But...you just said that you weren't taking part in the event regardless of the bags being bound or not

Now that bags are bound to character people will have to participate on their "maybe alts that they might someday create but not sure about it though"

Also I don't get what you are complaining about the additions. Were you expecting 20 new pieces per week? When has that ever happened? 2 years ago, the only additions the store received where the wolf head, mane, tail and nightmare crow head. Last year we got the Mane Neck, Mane Collar, Machete, Wolf Sleek and Living Sword. This year so far we had at least 2-3 pieces added every week, not counting the Transformations, and event lasts 4 weeks this year, meaning we are probably still missing rewards, so so far this year has added the most rewards and the most alternatives to getting those rewards.

On the topic of trains, for the 2nd consecutive night I TOOT TOOTed zone chat and people came swarming in to join the fight. So dunno where this "trains stutter" or "trains are not happening" is coming from.

Maybe you are not as liked by the community as I am​​

First I didn't say I wasn't taking part in the event whether bags were bound or not, I said the new additions didnt make a dent in my coins and I didn't need to open any bags, and that the bags being bound reduced reasons to do the event.

I am in fact still doing the event- just barely. I got the new additions and am recapping my 3 mains doing the once only crypt mission and the deathlord and trick or treat daily - almost finished doing that already. I am not doing the hero train at all or multiple deathlords etc - thats what REDUCED means. I still have 1 capped with coins and the thousands of bags in my vaults as well as recapping my 3 mains, I'm just oping against hope more will be added the final week than others, or better more expensive options. I will probably end up with coins left over and still thousands of pointless bags though.

As for store additions, no I wasn't expecting 20 new items, but with making the bags bound they needed more than a cple a week, they dont even need to make new things just add things like travel powers, hideouts etc so people can spend the extra coins they have been left with without a warning or option to get rid of.

As for trains and me not being as liked in the community, what has that to do with anything? I am not complaining people wont come help me to make a train - I haven't tried or joined one this year. I can however see that most heroes are up most of the time in every zone from seeing the columns, and having to try most zones to find a crypt open to enter to do the inside mission - despite the fact that heroes now take twice as long to repop. I can also read zone chat with people asking for help with hero x in zone y, and train at hero x needs more multiple times over 20-30 minutes on a single hero - this is not a train. Maybe when you are on there is a train going, I cant comment, but the fact there isn't when i'm on shows its stop start and not consistent - just like I said - whereas last year at all times of day or night there was one or more going.

Finally, yet again you have ignored my main point that binding the bags was a pointless act as you can still trade event currency at will anyway. It just mean rather than trading currency via bags gained by doing the event you now trade currency from outside of the event - the only outcome of binding the bags is event participation is hurt.
    Post edited by serendipitynow on
    edited October 2018

As for trains and me not being as liked in the community, what has that to do with anything?

It's called a joke
    I can however see that most heroes are up most of the time in every zone from seeing the columns, and having to try most zones to find a crypt open to enter to do the inside mission - despite the fact that heroes now take twice as long to repop. I can also read zone chat with people asking for help with hero x in zone y, and train at hero x needs more multiple times over 20-30 minutes on a single hero - this is not a train. Maybe when you are on there is a train going,

The fact that people show up when I call out heroes because I am on my Tank/Healer or they know I can DPS them down relatively fast, but don't when a random #arcid player calls them speaks to me about player selfishness expecting an easy carry but not willing to put the effort in themselves. Player selfishness is hardly something to hold the devs accountable for.

When I log in trains are not going. I take the initiative and start them. Seeing as how a lot of veteran players are currently on a break maybe this is what's actually the problem, we are missing players with initiative.
    Finally, yet again you have ignored my main point that binding the bags was a pointless act as you can still trade event currency at will anyway. It just mean rather than trading currency via bags gained by doing the event you now trade currency from outside of the event - the only outcome of binding the bags is event participation is hurt.

I have already replied about my guess as to why this might have happened, but since I'm not a GM or a dev I cannot know for sure why this change was made, so I don't know why you keep pressing this question, unless my opinion on the matter is that important to hear.

What I can tell you however is that from the people I've talked, some were annoyed by the change but were still participating, some didn't care about the changes at all, and some were angry about the changes and are were demotivated about participating. That's 2/3 of the groups that are still participating. From my point of view as I said above, what's mostly hurting event participation in my opinion is the lack of veteran players and player initiative. Anniversary event had Destroids taking over 30 minutes to organize and bags were not binding on pickup back then. Do not attribute causality to a coincidence.​​
    I just logged it like 8 hours earlier than usual and I see a lot of trains running.

So yeah, it's definitely you playing at euro time hours.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Really? They're encouraging alts by making things bind to character?

Given that people have been trying to explain this to folks like you for years now, I doubt this is the year where it finally sinks in that yes, BOP actually encourages people to play their alts rather than just farm on their main. It's still a very simple concept. You still don't get it because you don't want to because you joined this anti-BOP crusade and you'll never be willing to admit that the whole crusade is a sham and that it's just a hipster train full of people looking for excuses to be mad. That's not going to change, so stop pretending like there's a point to arguing with you about it.

Also for anyone worrying about event participation being hurt, you can lay your fears to rest because people are participating just like always. Now, I say lay your fears to rest, but I do expect you to keep claiming these concerns are real and totally happening, because what would our forums be without people trying to push the idea that things aren't the way they are.​​
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    > @spinnytop said:
    > guyhumual wrote: »
    >
    > Really? They're encouraging alts by making things bind to character?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Given that people have been trying to explain this to folks like you for years now, I doubt this is the year where it finally sinks in that yes, BOP actually encourages people to play their alts rather than just farm on their main. It's still a very simple concept. You still don't get it because you don't want to because you joined this anti-BOP crusade and you'll never be willing to admit that the whole crusade is a sham and that it's just a hipster train full of people looking for excuses to be mad. That's not going to change, so stop pretending like there's a point to arguing with you about it.
    >
    > Also for anyone worrying about event participation being hurt, you can lay your fears to rest because people are participating just like always. Now, I say lay your fears to rest, but I do expect you to keep claiming these concerns are real and totally happening, because what would our forums be without people trying to push the idea that things aren't the way they are.​​
    I will be missing this event but I know event participation is not disrupted. But what’s this about BoP being alt friendly?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    j9bnv4t.png
    Oh, whats this?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    I will be missing this event but I know event participation is not disrupted. But what’s this about BoP being alt friendly?
    It gives you a reason to PLAY alts.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I have one character who has completed the Johnny Hercules OM several times, and has not been offered the mission (Captive of the Bloodmoon: Johnny Hercules) to enter the crypt. I have checked my completed missions, and I have not completed it on this character.
    (continuation of previous post)
    9aR6hDY.jpg
    This is exactly what I was talking about. "Hey any train out there? Carebear only, I don't want to have to put any actual effort myself"

But sure. Let's blame the BoP bags :P​​
    edited October 2018

It is. Are you pretending you're new to this? If you actually want to have this discussion, PMs please. I feel like the audience doesn't help u3u
    This is exactly what I was talking about. "Hey any train out there? Carebear only, I don't want to have to put any actual effort myself"

But sure. Let's blame the BoP bags :P

Wait.. there are still people pretending that people wanting to be carried by the pros is a thing? Hmm... it would be weird if those same people denying this reality are the same people constantly saying the pros are bad people.... wouldn't it?​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Still no mention of a fix for the Fish head's top accessory I posted on last week's release notes notes?
    Fixed a bug where the Fish Monster head wasn't unlocking account wide. Players who purchased this will have access to it on their characters.

This is good news :) However, there's still a problem with this........

Bug: The Fish Monster top accessory skin options aren't working. When choosing Skin Cloth, Skin Leather or Skin Metal, none of the colours on this piece revert to skin colour

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    > @spinnytop said:
    > xcelsior41 wrote: »
    >
    > I will be missing this event but I know event participation is not disrupted. But what’s this about BoP being alt friendly?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is. Are you pretending you're new to this? If you actually want to have this discussion, PMs please. I feel like the audience doesn't help u3u
    > lezard21 wrote: »
    >
    > This is exactly what I was talking about. "Hey any train out there? Carebear only, I don't want to have to put any actual effort myself"
    >
    > But sure. Let's blame the BoP bags :P
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait.. there are still people pretending that people wanting to be carried by the pros is a thing? Hmm... it would be weird if those same people denying this reality are the same people constantly saying the pros are bad people.... wouldn't it?​​

> @spinnytop said:
    >
    > I will be missing this event but I know event participation is not disrupted. But what’s this about BoP being alt friendly?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is. Are you pretending you're new to this? If you actually want to have this discussion, PMs please. I feel like the audience doesn't help u3u
    >
    > This is exactly what I was talking about. "Hey any train out there? Carebear only, I don't want to have to put any actual effort myself"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait.. there are still people pretending that people wanting to be carried by the pros is a thing? Hmm... it would be weird if those same people denying this reality are the same people constantly saying the pros are bad people.... wouldn't it?​​

> @spinnytop said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

> @spinnytop said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Not pretending. Want a direct reason for this, I’m not a constant player here so I dunno the actual details as to why this is a good thing. PMs are difficult as I’m at college so uhh yeah
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited October 2018
    holy **** dude don't reply from your phone lol​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    As for trains and me not being as liked in the community, what has that to do with anything? I am not complaining people wont come help me to make a train - I haven't tried or joined one this year. I can however see that most heroes are up most of the time in every zone from seeing the columns
    That's always been the case? Previous years, you had one zone being cleared, and others mostly ignored.
    edited October 2018
    Possible Bug
    I think there's the possibility that each Deathlord is rolling for drops individually.
    I'm getting a unique drop every 3 runs at worst, and there's been multiple instances where I've gotten 2 drops at once
    Drop reports in general seem to be a lot more higher than previous years, unless they were purposefully increased
    ​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Also noticed that DLs seem to stop moving after some time. Makig gathering them hard to do. is there a fix for that?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Too late to request costumes for this event?
    This Top/Collar piece(s?) would be great, and it's Blood Moon material! :wink:
    co-emily.png
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Really? They're encouraging alts by making things bind to character?

Given that people have been trying to explain this to folks like you for years now, I doubt this is the year where it finally sinks in that yes, BOP actually encourages people to play their alts rather than just farm on their main. It's still a very simple concept. You still don't get it because you don't want to because you joined this anti-BOP crusade and you'll never be willing to admit that the whole crusade is a sham and that it's just a hipster train full of people looking for excuses to be mad. That's not going to change, so stop pretending like there's a point to arguing with you about it.

Also for anyone worrying about event participation being hurt, you can lay your fears to rest because people are participating just like always. Now, I say lay your fears to rest, but I do expect you to keep claiming these concerns are real and totally happening, because what would our forums be without people trying to push the idea that things aren't the way they are.​​

Then I suppose making costume pieces character bound would be the next logical step as it would encourage people to play multiple characters to get those costume unlocks right? Personally BOP has reduced me to playing one character these days because I like having the emotes and auras but don't have the time to farm them with multiple toons so I'm pretty much stuck playing the one so I can have all the nice things.

If I got to wait 20 minutes for a doomlord fight with my main toon I'm not going to have the time to wait another 20 minutes for another one with a different toon, BOP means I can't farm things for my other toons, which means the other toons won't have the things I want for them, which means I'm not going to bother playing them. Making things BOP has literally forced me to play less toons. Maybe you have a lot more free time than I do? Maybe that's why you feel BOP is great for alts?
    (continuation of previous post)
    9aR6hDY.jpg

But sure. Let's blame the BoP bags :P​​

How exactly is that a BOP problem? Not having the time to grind the event without a decent sized group is a legit problem that a lot of people face, not one that you seem able to understand because you're in a different time zone and people seem willing to work together when you're on, but it's a problem that lots of people face. When your free time is limited you don't want to use it trying to build a group and slogging through an event. Can't say I've ever had that problem with this event, mostly because I haven't bothered with it since the change, but I can attest to having to spam zone every minute for twenty minutes to get numbers to do a other open world events. Sometimes there's lots of people looking to do the events and all you have to do is find a zone you can get into, but sometimes you have to try to build numbers yourself and it can take a long time.
    edited October 2018
    How exactly is that a BOP problem?

It isn't. That was another claim by Conspiracy Theorist #2. Guess who is #1 btw.
    not one that you seem able to understand because you're in a different time zone and people seem willing to work together when you're on,

My timezone is UTC -4. Server time is UTC -8. I generally play on and off from 8PM server time to around 12-1AM server time. No problems with trains. Yesterday I posted how I played 8 hours earlier than usual, so that'd be 12PM server time till around 2 or 3 PM server time. No problems with trains.

Those "No trains" different time zones windows must be really stretch or something.

Also grans on claiming that an USA server event is a failure due to low participation during non USA-peak hours.

How deep does this barrel go?
    10430690.jpg​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Still waiting for someone to explain why the "old way" of sharing event bags is objectively damaging the event, which is what the Devs are claiming.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Still waiting for someone to explain why the "old way" of sharing event bags is objectively damaging the event, which is what the Devs are claiming.
    The intent is that the way you get event rewards is by doing the event, preferably with the character who expects to gain the rewards. I'm somewhat surprised that the bags are a significant enough source of event credit that it matters whether they're BoP, but that's also why I don't care that they're BoP.
  • lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    My problem is that there's been nothing that I really want in this event, except those cat AFs. I barely even care about the gift bags because it's practically all vendor trash, anyway.
  • jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Top 3 Conspiracy theories (a few other good ones I forgot)

1. Active Exploit, thus the no explanation
    2. Play your alt / Anti Alt / Dev War on Event (see comments in this thread)
    3. Player Hoarding by-passing 800 limit and not needing to play next year

Cryptic 'fixed' #3 in other games too, player planning/hoarding was apparently a "huge issue" (in the Devs minds) in STO/NW.
    Given the number of Aniv presents I gave away (to help people blocked by patches) I can imagine the stashes out there.

If #3 (combined with Dev war on event) guess the people needing extra presents won't be making characters and sending cryptic money, and I'll be hoarding more .. so 'gg' Cryptic ?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    3. Player Hoarding by-passing 800 limit and not needing to play next year

They need to fix the drop rate of Anniversary Favors.
    I hoarded all them New Stuff with 2 alts AND went to the 800 limit with, 6-7 alts i think, after that. So only caek next Anniversary for me. :#
    But the current Event tokens are a bit too harsh to gather, with limited time i have. So it's BM next year also for me.
    And i don't quite get the spreading of the missions to 5? weeks....
    Oh, oh! Are the AF parts BoPs?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Not pretending. Want a direct reason for this, I’m not a constant player here so I dunno the actual details as to why this is a good thing. PMs are difficult as I’m at college so uhh yeah

Is college the reason you posted the quote like 10 times? @_@​​