Install Arc

Server Restart 10/24/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Just a server restart today.​​

Comments

• rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »

"Just"? How long does it take to restart a server?
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I assume there's something Arc/PW-related thing this maintenance. We still have our usual Thurs maintenance.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    rslvfzg wrote: »

PW does an extended maintenance on the network and servers for all their games (including STO and NW) every month or two, usually on Wednesdays. They probably install any necessary OS and security updates on the servers and network hardware, do database compaction, managing the transaction logs and performing integrity checks (and doing the same thing for server file systems) to prevent performance degradation, perform hardware diagnostics, examine and clear logs, and maybe do some kind of backups.

They may also do hardware upgrades (bigger hard disks), which would require backing up existing drives and restoring to the new ones, or adding additional server hardware as the load increases.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I will never understand why you people waste time replying to an obvious "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" post with facts​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Give them the destroyer laser.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    tangent90 wrote: »
    rslvfzg wrote: »

PW does an extended maintenance on the network and servers for all their games (including STO and NW) every month or two, usually on Wednesdays. They probably install any necessary OS and security updates on the servers and network hardware, do database compaction, managing the transaction logs and performing integrity checks (and doing the same thing for server file systems) to prevent performance degradation, perform hardware diagnostics, examine and clear logs, and maybe do some kind of backups.

They may also do hardware upgrades (bigger hard disks), which would require backing up existing drives and restoring to the new ones, or adding additional server hardware as the load increases.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware of that. A long list of things to do ...
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -