What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/25/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2018 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
This week the 13 Undead Heroes rise up!

Undead Heroes
  • The crypt missions now grant more currency and xp upon completion, but now have a 20 hour cooldown (from 30 minutes).
  • Undead Hero open missions have had their cooldown increased to 1 hour (from 30 minutes).
  • Moved all of the open mission reward circles away from the enter crypt prompts.
  • Added Plant Monster head and Wolf hair costumes to the event store.
  • Added Zombie Idle 1 emote to the event store.
  • Trick or treat bags are now bind on pickup.
  • Thrash of the Lich king open mission now has roughly an hour cooldown (from 1-2 hours).
  • Night of the Heroic Dead mission can now be completed once a year instead of weekly.
  • Toned down some of the FX from Zombie enemies to help with performance.
  • Known Issue: Toy Master is missing the Undead hero action figure exchange store. This will be added in next week.

Open Missions
  • Scores of 0 will no longer be displayed on open mission scoreboards.
  • Addressed an issue where Kigatilik's hounds would constantly teleport.

Misc
  • Added Sideburns and Dogz Claw Long costumes as possible drops from Dogz.
  • Anniversary Gifts are now bind on pickup.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    tenor.gif?itemid=7359311
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Moved all of the open mission reward circles away from the enter crypt prompts.
    Yay!
    Anniversary Gifts are now bind on pickup.
    ​​
    Boo!
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Moved all of the open mission reward circles away from the enter crypt prompts.
    Yay!
    Anniversary Gifts are now bind on pickup.
    ​​
    Boo!

Of course they're BoP now, wouldn't want to allow our healers a chance to collect tokens. Sigh..
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    anniversary gifts? I mean...
    it's been over a month already, people are still trading these?​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Personally, I am not worried about Anniversary Gifts ATM. I am wondering if this is a typo for the Halloween pick ups.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    Why on earth would you bind the gifts/treat bags?! Is that going to start being in a thing with every event??! I'm not liking this idea at all, a lot of us use those to get the event tokens we need for all the bind to char bits(auras/transforms/emotes) you keep putting in the store on alts that aren't really able to earn their own tokens quickly. This change is not needed and is completely uncalled for. If this is going to be a thing those bind to char bits should change from bind on pickup to bind on equip so we can move them to the chars that need them. Grr!

Dig the Plant Monster and Wolf Hair though, excited to try that Zombie idle!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    An announcement a week or more before you actually make Halloween and Anniversary gifts Bind on Pickup would have been appreciated as that would allow us to distribute these items back to the characters that need em, gathered em, etc.

My gameplay has had me gather them up and put each type into a SG bank or an individual "mule" character. This change, without informing the playerbase first, is narrowly considered by those who made this decision.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    Completely agree the treat bags need to not bound or store items need to be bind on equip. Its even worse you made this change sneakily without warning so that bags already gained could have been put in the right places.

VERY unhappy
  • jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Personally, I am not worried about Anniversary Gifts ATM. I am wondering if this is a typo for the Halloween pick ups.

It says that Trick or Treat bags are bind on pickup in the same message, so it's not a typo.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    Why on earth would you bind the gifts/treat bags?! Is that going to start being in a thing with every event??! I'm not liking this idea at all, a lot of us use those to get the event tokens we need for all the bind to char bits(auras/transforms/emotes) you keep putting in the store on alts that aren't really able to earn their own tokens quickly. This change is not needed and is completely uncalled for. If this is going to be a thing those bind to char bits should change from bind on pickup to bind on equip so we can move them to the chars that need them. Grr!

Dig the Plant Monster and Wolf Hair though, excited to try that Zombie idle!

Absolutely. At least put all the bind on pickup event store items like auras and vehicles inside a bound-to-account container so we can move them to another character. Then they will bind when they are opened instead.
    Absolutely. At least put all the bind on pickup event store items like auras and vehicles inside a bound-to-account container so we can move them to another character. Then they will bind when they are opened instead.

^ This would be ideal since the devs insist on trying to make everything they possibly can bind to char now. (I'm a bit salty right now, does it show?)

with bind on pickup bags also applied retroactively and the nerfs to the undead heroes, and little to nothing in store i am now stuck with thousands of coins I cant use, thousands of bags i cant get rid of and no reason to do the event! thanks for destroying a good event
  • englishdamselenglishdamsel Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why are the treat bags bound and why was there no warning? I had stacks of bags on low level characters so I could put them aside and see who needed them later.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I keep getting disconnected abruptly after the patch. It wasn't like this earlier.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    If the issue was how bags affected the market, wouldn't it have made more sense to put a "Bound to Account" flag on them?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    like they are trying to make the grind just as mind numbing as humanly possible
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    If the issue was how bags affected the market, wouldn't it have made more sense to put a "Bound to Account" flag on them?

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    Nimbus daily is bugged and won't show up after you kill her.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »

Totally agreed.

My entire guild just had a collective "I'm so done with this event!" rant on our private discord over this one, stupid change.
    How do we get Zombie Idle 02 and the Plagued perk?
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Somebody toucha my Bloodmoon. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Liking the new costume additions and idle emote very much.

*fingers crossed for orbiting taco aura as a Big T drop next week*
  • bluhman wrote: »

The nerve .. how *DARE* we sell something that didn't come from a lock box!
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    sigh... yet another unneeded change, agree with the others, putting a "bind to account" label would handle all selling of said loot bags, but it seems to be a growing trend of putting things back the way it was long ago, all the changes to make things ACCOUNT BOUND is now going away, event griefing (trying to fail boss fights, kill stealing) is on the rise more than ever due to lack of actions dealing with said players, whether due to upset over bad "fixes" while the game still is over bugged or just because some players log in only during events to clog up the servers & harass others that want to try to get something out of the events (which is basically getting more unreachable due to event items being toon bound & binding all event tokens).

It almost seems like were being herded to buying what we want instead of farming/grinding for it, a few may not care & accept this but for most that have been here, it brings the "do i really want to mess with this event" attitude... Some aspects of the game are dieing out quickly, OV's rarely run the missions, instead begging for free kills in rencen, NEMCON is still randomly run by small groups ( hopefully more is put into it so it becomes more common, the SPACE STATION missions are truly dead, yet another aspect that had promise but was forgotten. It's almost to the point to where the only thing we MIGHT have to look forward to is paying for future patches or the ability to participate in event fights (i hope not)... I say enough of the putting out of the "shiny" lockbox distractions, reunite costume set pieces into 1 item, fix mission/fight bugs, have more GM's seen in game to bring back a sort of policing for troublemakers & just making themselves known & bring back more incentives for players to hit 40 on a character & want to make another alt... I still have high hopes the game isn't on a slow decline & it will start reving up for the upcoming new year... maybe a open world map for event fights to happen that can hold players without the SNR monster showing his face, maybe a rencen open map mini event of every NEMESIS ever made escaping the prison & assaulting rencen heck maybe even changing up the event fights some, some people have asked if there was a THANKSGIVING event (hint hint: giant robo-turkey) put out some more powersets (not just remake one into a AT version of a FF), maybe, just maybe its time the ROIN'ESH show up to claim their downed mothership in the harbor(bout time they cleaned up their litter anyways =) ... either way, hoping the upcoming year brings CHAMPIONS into a new light, maybe we'll see some online advertisments for it too... showing new player candidates all the exciting new stuff coming up for 2019... on a final note, a request: PLZ PLZ PLZ make transformations ACCOUNT BOUND, event vendor ones can stay BoP but maybe have some as drops in fights or in loot bags
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2018

Fixed an issue where Nimbus was not granting her crypt mission when her open mission was completed.
    ​​
  • slinkiisuslinkiisu Posts: 15 Arc User
    CO's just super anti-alt now. You can make up to 100 characters, but you're gonna have a hell of a time getting anything nice on them.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Making the ToT bags and anniversary boxes BoP is... annoying, but ultimately not a big deal to me.

Doing so with no warning, however, is just -rude-.

Devs, please don't be rude to your players.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I don't understand the change to the crypt missions. Do you actually think people would bother with crypt missions after the changes you guys made to the undead heroes? I mean do a lame **** crypt for sad rewards or switch zones for another pain train? Not at all a difficult decision. It's like adding extra onions to the $20 liver and onions at the $1 hamburger stand. Nobody wants or cares about the liver and onions, especially at that price, especially when hamburgers are cheap and plentiful. It takes ruffly a half hour for a pain train to defeat all the undead heroes, so with 5 or 6 zones of undead heroes there's never going to be a drought that would require someone to go to the drastic steps of resorting to running crypts.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Legit question: what's the big deal with anniversary bags becoming BoP?

I had some leftovers on some toons I found last week and I discarded them because a) tokens don't drop during non-event and b) it felt a bit scammy to put them in AH knowing this, so I don't get why people are complaining so intensely about it. Did they drop a super rare AF/Costume that can't be found anywhere else?
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I don't understand the change to the crypt missions. Do you actually think people would bother with crypt missions after the changes you guys made to the undead heroes? I mean do a lame **** crypt for sad rewards or switch zones for another pain train? Not at all a difficult decision.

This has little to do with the current changes and was always the case. As you describe, currently the scenario is "do a lame **** crypt for sad rewards or switch zones for another pain train", whereas before it was "do a lame **** crypt for even more sad rewards OR keep training non stop in the same zone".

In fact, the current changes actually leave a downtime in one zone for you to be able to go from crypt to crypt doing the quests instead of going into 1 crypt, getting out, and catching up with a train in order to do the next.

The crypts have always been there for a) the daily quests and b) the weekly (now yearly) quest, ie. an extra source of Coins for when your toon starts getting diminishing returns from training.​​
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    There is not enough content in this game to *lock down* the crypt missions or any other event/seasonal missions to 20 hour or yearly resets. What is the point of defeating undead heroes every hour if you can only enter their crypts once a day? I fear the devs will do the same thing to Tako when he comes out to play. I also fear that each seasonal event will get the same type of revamp.

So, I guess what it boils down to is this: Take out the undead heroes and their crypts only once a day, go Trick or Treating or PVP Hunter/Werewolf as much as you like. No more sharing goodie bags with your alts.

Sigh.. ahh well..at least I have fond memories of the Undead Trains...:(
    Spoiler: People weren't doing the trains cause of the Crypt missions

Like, your argument clashes with the previous' guy argument​​
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User

Fixed an issue where Nimbus was not granting her crypt mission when her open mission was completed.
    ​​

I do love that this is ALL Kaizerin had to say after all the stuff that preceded it. Holly ****.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    Is the ToTer respawn time increasing to 1:30 a bug or a feature?

I do love that this is ALL Kaizerin had to say after all the stuff that preceded it. Holly ****.

She is a dev, and as such she has to keep a certain level of profesionalism and can't reply things like

"We apologize that you can no longer sell event bags to new players outside of event time"

or

"We apologize that you can no longer get EVENT rewards by not participating in said EVENT".​​
    edited October 2018
    people wont do the undead hero pain train now, before you got around 100 for a lap of the train, and then still decent for the 2nd lap before switching characters.

Now with the nerf you get 2 coins per hero which drops to 1 by the end of the first lap. You can get coins faster trick or treating (let alone the other methods) than doing the hero train.

With the trick or treat bags being bound, and barely anything added to the store theres no reason to even do anything in the event - I already bought the 3 new things on the store and have coins left over before even touching the 3000+ bags i now cant pass around/sell and have no use for/need of coins let alone reason/point to do the event with nothing to do with the rewards.

Stupid change not only for no reason but it kills the event as a bonus!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Isn't the train meant to get the devices and unlocking the crypt instead of the token themselves? There is an abundance of dailies now that adds up the token count. Not warning about the ToT bag before hand is kind of bad for those that are planning to move them around, but otherwise, it doesn't really change all that much. If your main character is farming the event, you're bound to use those bags on that characters anyways.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'm reporting this as a bug.

Players Using OV's Are Farming Undead Hero Spawn Points

It appears that players hunting Death Lords and Undead Heroes are easy pickings for Onslaught Villains. The OVs can survive the attacks from those spawns rather easily while scoring tons of easy player kills. They are doing this for easy rewards. We probably need some protections in place to prevent this. I don't think OV's being able to do this is WAI.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jose1046525jose1046525 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    "Players Using OV's Are Farming Undead Hero Spawn Points"

Thanks a lot Alter Egos Super Group!
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    I agree with the people that say a Account Bound Flag would have been a better solution when it comes to the Treat bags..but lets be realistic, the Bound on Pickup Flag for emotes/dances - no matter if they come from Lockboxes or Events will never change..its about money - because the only solution for players or their Alts - who are not able to participate/farm at the event is to use Drifter Salvage - which means spending money to open lockboxes.
    This is also the reason why the emotes/dances in the lockboxes are Character bound - you have to open more lockboxes - meaning more money into the pockets of Cryptic.
    I also agree with the statement that all of this is not Alt-friendly at all, more like a slap into the face of players that have more than two characters (that also includes me)

I assume Cryptic doesn't care if players get frustrated about that - most players who are "still playing" the game are either Silver or LTS (there are still some subscribers - including me) but if I would be a LTS - I would at least try to get the best out of the game, because I payed a lot of money for it.

I personally really love the game but I start to loose my motivation to play it, and yes I'm aware that this doesn't matter to Cryptic at all - even if I'm not the only one.

((P.s. this is not critisism against the Dev's - they have to do their Job - and I think it's a really tough one, its critisism against their employer))
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
    people wont do the undead hero pain train now, before you got around 100 for a lap of the train, and then still decent for the 2nd lap before switching characters.

https://time.is/es/PT

You should check this because you might be playing really late in the night. Trains been running in multiple zones non stop when I logged in earlier. Some trains kept running even when DL was happening in the same zone.

I mean I don't know when you started playing, but like 6 or so years ago and for quite a while (till 2015) there was no store and people still did the Heros (which died within 5 seconds) because of their drop devices, which still drop.

Said store was added as a commodity, an alternative to get event items if RNG didn't favor you with drops, but it was never intended to be the go to way, since then there wouldn't be a point for item drops or an economy around them.

And as you said, said store has few additions per week, mostly costumes which are account wide, so I don't really see what you might need 100 tokens/hour for (which incidentally you can still get by doing all the dailies sans the PvP portion of bite pretty easily. I spent 300 tokens today to get wolf hair, did dailies and before i realised I was back to 300 tokens again. granted I did the Night of the Undead quest, so take 60 tokens away).

And on the subject of hero trains...hero train is something in a way introduced by the current dev team. I know cause me and 4 other players (might be wrong but think it was @qawsada , @pantagruel01 , @behemothking#9246 and I think @pubiwodi ?) started the whole thing by rallying up people in zone chat 2 years ago when heroes were bumped into Legendary rank and people were busy QQing in zone chat instead of even making an attempt, so we called people to focus down one hero at a time as if we were fighting a Cosmic, and boom!, the tradition of trains started.

So any changes the devs may see fit to do in order to adjust the speed at which people were farming tokens from this method is completely within their right to do so since again, they are responsible for this particular design.

If the consequence of said changes is that people start participating in other aspects of the content that people never engaged in, then more power to them \o/

What I'm trying to say with this is: adapt to change. 2 years ago people were in zone saying Bloodmoon was ruined forever because Heroes had more Hp, and flashforward now where you are complaining that you cannot train hard enough. There might be a better alternative that you have not considered yet.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    Unbinding event bags were being used in a manner that we found to be damaging to the events. Binding them to character has addressed the various unintended behaviors that players were partaking in.​​
    edited October 2018
    ghost#7389 wrote: »
    because the only solution for players or their Alts - who are not able to participate/farm at the event is to use Drifter Salvage - which means spending money to open lockboxes.

Not really. In fact, this year has given many alternatives as to how to get tokens, none of which require paying money.

Let's say that these toons that you are talking about that are somehow unable to participate/farm the event are level 6 costume toons/RP toons.

This year you have:

1) Trick or Treating Quest. Requires the skill of pressing the letter F and an energy builder attack (demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/66mM0nn.jpg), or if you don't even have an attack you can just grab the bags from the ToTs and escape the monsters (10 tokens)
    2) BITE gives you a device with corresponding set of skills that you can use to at least do the PvE quest if no player is around to fight/trade kills with. There's a total of 4 quests for this. (15 for PvP, 10 for PvE)
    3) ZA now has a quest too, the only thing you have to do is queue and die. (15 tokens for quest + 6 from ZA)

= 51- 81 tokens (if you do the PvP bite quests) minimum + random amount from boxes you get

Meaning doing 2 days of this has a 100% chance of granting you 1 Aura/Costume Transform for a total of maybe 30-40 minutes of gameplay/day.

Now, if you'd put the same amount of effort getting a semi decent vehicle/become device and moving it around your account just as you moved those boxes, or getting a team, you could also do

4) The daily DL quest (20 tokens + 9)
    5) The Blood Moon Rising quest (10 tokens)
    6) The once a year Night of the Dead quest (60 tokens)
    7) The 13 Quests that you need to do to complete the aforementioned quest (7 each x 13 quests).

+ 2 x 13 tokens from 1 Train cycle = 26 tokens
    = total amount of 116 (if you don't do PvP BITE, crypts, and Night of the Dead) - 297 (if you do everything) tokens minimum + whatever amount from boxes

Meaning if you do the bare minimum scenario you are guaranteed to get 1 Aura/Costume transform per day for a total of maybe 2 hours of gameplay.

Let's not even mention the fact that DL's diminishing returns start after the 10th run meaning you can get a total of 90 tokens just from that, and ignoring the fact that next week has Tako's quest added (granted, in place of DL's quest).

How much more alternatives do you want???​​
    melphyx2 wrote: »
    How do we get Zombie Idle 02 and the Plagued perk?

i have same question...

plague.png

Was told this is for "next week", thats something to look forward to!
    Unbinding event bags were being used in a manner that we found to be damaging to the events. Binding them to character has addressed the various unintended behaviors that players were partaking in.​​

Binding to account or any other alternatives presented wouldn't have worked as well?

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Gotta say I'm curious what "damaging" means to you. To me something that is damaging to an even would be something that generates random game crashes. What was it about the unbound bags that was damaging?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm curious what "damaging" means to you. To me something that is damaging to an even would be something that generates random game crashes. What was it about the unbound bags that was damaging?
    It would not surprise me if the "damage" was people not farming 24/7, switching to an alt when they hit/got close to the daily caps on DL/ZA. Or alternatively buying lots of keys to open boxes for Salvage to buy event currency.