FC.31.20181002.4 - Bloodmoon

2»

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I thought it could be a something that they could use in week two

I also thought using this would get their attention
    Hi have some ideas

New ATs:

The Exiled:You get a special transformation that is like the one from Become Vampire which is customizable like other skins. Pick a big werewolf, vampire monsters even big crocodile. Point is you gain a lot of hard hitting physical attacks like in the transformation from the Become device. Consider it a power for those who want to experience shape change. You can offer this power in a lockbox.

The Knight: Sword and shield AT with healing powers. Go on a crusade

Just the 2 of these would take more than just a week, specially since we don't even have Shield powers.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Yes, t's perfectly OK for the devs to give up on creating this kind of coercive PVP if all they can do is create events that are most easily completed by player collusion. There are better things to spend dev time on. I understand that they won't fix what is already in the game, but they should not create more of it.

spinnytop wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Simple, really. Give up on any efforts to coerce players into PVP events such as this. They clearly don't have the knowledge/resources/software to make it work. Stick with PVE.

Ah, so "showing 'em how it's done" is... giving up. That's a bit disappointing. To be honest I found the Bite event okay. It's not like OV. Bite is actually kinda fun, so long as you don't take it seriously and don't get upset when you get defeated. Helps to have a bunch of people basically doing the same. My suggestion is to just stop complaining and just go ahead and get it done. Or don't. Nobody really minds if you don't do it.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes, t's perfectly OK for the devs to give up on creating this kind of coercive PVP if all they can do is create events that are most easily completed by player collusion. There are better things to spend dev time on. I understand that they won't fix what is already in the game, but they should not create more of it.

Are they creating more of it? You seem to be telling them to stop doing something they've never shown any indication of having any intent of doing. I'll remind you that current team didn't create BITE, they just did some updates on it. Removing it from Monster Island was a pretty good move imo. Other than that the list of pvp-related updates is pretty short... if it exists at all. I think by and large just about everyone is fine with that too so... I dunno.. saying "No more pvp content!" feels kinda silly.

Getting together with a bunch of people to make a BITE mosh pit is fine, and you only have to do it once. Better than having to do OV for three weeks.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Are they creating more of it?
    They've made a thing dependent on BITE perks. Eh.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Noticed how low the bleed chance are for werewolves in BITE. Can't benefit from the Bite's heal because there's almost no bleed on a target.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Noticed how low the bleed chance are for werewolves in BITE. Can't benefit from the Bite's heal because there's almost no bleed on a target.

Bleed procs fairly often. 3 number 1 swipes generally do the trick. The thing is the werewolf bleed has a different UI icon than regular bleed (which NPC wolves can apply). The werewolf bleed UI icon looks like a purple skull.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The main way to eliminate collusion is by eliminating the ability to pick your opponents. That requires queued play and a large player pool.
    There's no collusion everybody says there's no collusion because it's just a hoax made up by the very dishonest fake media. NO COLLUSION!

No but seriously, in a game this small, even something like queues could be manipulated with enough people working together so they can kill trade, or at the very least, run their premade team against a group of unlucky randoms.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    The main way to eliminate collusion is by eliminating the ability to pick your opponents. That requires queued play and a large player pool.
    There's no collusion everybody says there's no collusion because it's just a hoax made up by the very dishonest fake media. NO COLLUSION!

No but seriously, in a game this small, even something like queues could be manipulated with enough people working together so they can kill trade, or at the very least, run their premade team against a group of unlucky randoms.
    I specified large player pool for a reason. CO simply doesn't have enough players interested in PvP for it to be an option.
    While you guys were talking about the philosophical aspects of PvP collusion I went ahead and farmed 500 kills both on hunter and werewolf side.

All done through actually playing the game and having a lot of fun at the chaotic battles that ensued (today we had like 12 wolves vs 8 hunters in the very narrow map of Desert ^^)

You should try doing the same.​​
    And I figured out how to do it with only nominal PVP; i.e. using 2 accounts.
    lezard21 wrote: »
    While you guys were talking about the philosophical aspects of PvP collusion I went ahead and farmed 500 kills both on hunter and werewolf side.

All done through actually playing the game and having a lot of fun at the chaotic battles that ensued (today we had like 12 wolves vs 8 hunters in the very narrow map of Desert ^^)

You should try doing the same.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I specified large player pool for a reason. CO simply doesn't have enough players interested in PvP for it to be an option.
    Even large player pools don't work all that well. In wow, there was a time when people would form full-battleground premade groups via coordinated mass-queuing, all in spite of the game's massive player pool.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited October 2018

The irony being that in your pursuit of avoiding "dat nasty pvp" you probably put more effort into it than Lezard u3u
    Even large player pools don't work all that well. In wow, there was a time when people would form full-battleground premade groups via coordinated mass-queuing, all in spite of the game's massive player pool.

Forcing people to have to put that much effort into colluding is a success all on its own. It's certainly more successful than a situation where one guy looks at another guy and says "hey wanna collude?" the other guy nods, and they proceed to collude their asses off.​​
    Forcing people to have to put that much effort into colluding is a success all on its own. It's certainly more successful than a situation where one guy looks at another guy and says "hey wanna collude?" the other guy nods, and they proceed to collude their asses off.​​
    Not really. It was extremely easy to do.
    Not really. It was extremely easy to do.

There's a difference between something being difficult, and something taking a lot of effort. Important distinction. Notice what I said.​​
    Nah. I'm putting almost no effort into it, plus has the advantage (for me) of not having to deal with PVP. Guess I'm playing the game the way I like it, which is what you usually recommend players to do.

The irony being that in your pursuit of avoiding "dat nasty pvp" you probably put more effort into it than Lezard u3u
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2018
    Guess I'm playing the game the way I like it, which is what you usually recommend players to do.

Yup, and I'm commenting on the way you're playing. U okay wit dat? o3o​​
    There's a difference between something being difficult, and something taking a lot of effort. Important distinction. Notice what I said.​​
    Then I'll rephrase, just for you! :D

"Not really. It took almost no effort to do."
    edited October 2018
    "Not really. It took almost no effort to do."

Having herded cats in WoW for years, I know you're being dishonest. You should just admit that it takes more effort to collude in WoW than it does in CO and that that's because of the difference in playerbase. It would show that you're keeping in mind the context of this discussion, rather than moving goal posts to try to find something to be right about.

For an example of something that takes "almost no effort to do" look at colluding for BITE or Onslaught. Now compare to putting together two raid groups for pvp and queing in sync to end up in the same battleground. I'm sure if you consider it for a minute you'll notice the difference.​​
    Having herded cats in WoW for years, I know you're being dishonest. You should just admit that it takes more effort to collude in WoW than it does in CO and that that's because of the difference in playerbase. It would show that you're keeping in mind the context of this discussion, rather than moving goal posts to try to find something to be right about.

For an example of something that takes "almost no effort to do" look at colluding for BITE or Onslaught. Now compare to putting together two raid groups for pvp and queing in sync to end up in the same battleground. I'm sure if you consider it for a minute you'll notice the difference.​​
    You're trying to put words in my mouth. Stop it. I never said colluding was easier or harder in wow vs co. My point was that, no matter the playerbase size and no matters the steps taken (if any) to prevent it, players will find ways to work together in things like this. And in wow, it didn't take nearly the amount of effort you're trying to imply it did. There were even addons and networks which made doing so as easy as a few clicks.
    edited October 2018
    You're trying to put words in my mouth.

No I'm trying to remind you that we're talking about Panta's assertion that a larger playerbase makes it more difficult/take more effort to collude, not about how much effort it takes to collude in WoW alone - remember that this is about population size, so it makes sense to compare a large population to a smaller one and if you're not doing that then you've lost the plot because this is not an argument about WoW. He was correct about that assertion btw, and your WoW example only supports his assertion. You don't need "addons and networks" in CO, and the smaller playerbase is a large part of the reason for that. You can say "it takes almost no effort to collude" in WoW, and yet here you are pointing out that they put all this effort, making addons and forming networks, into doing it, and we all know that they did that because there's a large population involved. I'm not the one making it sound like they're putting a lot of effort into colluding, you are. Your own example defeats your own argument quite handily.

tl;dr - You may not be claiming that it doesn't take people in WoW more effort to collude than it does in CO, however, the fact that it does take people in WoW more effort is evidence that Panta's assertion that having a larger player base assists in solving the problem of PvP collusion is correct. You attempted to give WoW as an example that his assertion was incorrect, which is why I proceeded to point out that your own example actually supported his assertion. Before you go trying to claim I'm putting words in your mouth, here's the comment where you did so:
    ​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on
This discussion has been closed.