test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FFX-2 question

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
I'm pretty sure at least some of you guys played it. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQxs__0tg0
Anyways, not particularly concerned with spoilers since the game's at least 10 years old by now.

So, all the other songs in this game have an emotional significance of some sort. There's the one with Lenne and Shuyin(1000 words). That had LOADS of emotional significance.

The topic of this one is about making choices in life. It doesn't spell out what KIND of choices, but it kinda feels like it could be Yuna talking about her feelings for Tidus. Until you think about the fact that it ISN'T Yuna. Yeah if you pay attention when she's introduced her name is shown as "Yuna?". After the performance is over you find out it's actually Yuna's frenemy Leblanc impersonating her. Which makes it a LOT different.

So what reason would Leblanc have to question her feelings and what she wants to do about them? Well, she does care about Nooj, but... she doesn't seem that sentimental.

The third possibility, and one I hadn't originally considered myself, is that it's actually Lenne who chose the song and that Lenne is singing about Shuyin. "But wait! Lenne's dead!" Well, yes, but apparently when she died her soul stayed in the mortal realm inside the songstress dressphere…. which Leblanc used to transform into Yuna before the concert.

I'm really not sure which is the right way to look at it, and maybe... there isn't one? None of the three has any internal inconsistencies that would make it obviously wrong. The only real question is who the song is meant to represent.
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments