test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm hopeless with builds - Need Help.

ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
As my topic says, I am hopeless when it comes to builds. If it's costume making I'm fine, though let me at a build, even just ATs and I might as well be a bench. Thats how useless I am with builds. Well anyway, to my build. I'm trying to make a build for this guy:
L4D8Fco.jpg

This is Kamen Rider Primeval. I want to keep true to the roots that is Kamen Rider and have him be a martial artist type of fighter, typically involvings punches and kicks and sometimes weapons like a sword or gun (or well, a gun that turns into a sword and vice versa but no need to go that crazy,) but I also want to invoke the demonic motif that Primeval is suppose to have, but I'm at a lost on how to best do it because bar the beastial supernatural's claw attacks, not much would really work with the MA stuff I feel, but then again I'm a build newb so... yeah. I do imagine this guy to ether be a hybrid or tanky type of character that can still hold his own overall. I figure with the demon motif plus the armor he has on he should be able to take a hit... Though maybe dodge tanking? I don't know, I'll let you guys figure that one out since you'd know better than me.

Thanks in advance to any and all that help me out with this.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,752 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Cool costume, man.

Here's a mostly MA hybrid dps build for it:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230abGA9PK000000O000E20CEB009A03EL00EP0XK503ES04ET0HON01L801EJ005601EX032jN742iK0tid200000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Floating Lotus Blossom, Demolishing Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Master
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Righteous Fury)
    Level 23: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Ebon Void (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Smoke Bomb Lunge
    Level 35: Ice Sheath (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

I included Infernal Bolts and Ebon Void just to have of touch of the supernatural in there. Also took Vorpal Blade just for the theme of occasionally whipping out a weapon. Basic AoE rotation is to lunge in, charge BCF on a mob to group up nearby enemies, then spam charged Dragon Kick. Single-target rotation is just putting up Demolish w/ TKicks and then spamming Dragon Uppercut in-between refreshing Demolish w/ TKicks. Won't be optimal at dps, but should be easy to execute (w/ the right gearing for smooth energy), and still perform pretty well while being sturdy enough to off-tank some things (dodge tanking is okay sometimes, but I prefer less rng approaches for Hybrids- like using R3 Invuln). Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I see, that looks pretty good to me. I might experiment with the supernatural stuff but I don't have vorpal blade atm (but I could get it easily enough.) But this works well enough for me, thanks Flowcyto! (Also thanks for the comment about the costume.)
  • Options
    Yea, the supernatural things and Vorpal Blade are more accessory to the build, so feel free to change those around if you want. Could also add a weapon by getting something like Deflect for the block, or the lunge from SB or DB, but again its up to you.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Decided to try a melee damage role focused build, focusing off the concept that since Kamen Riders are always basically using the villain's powers for good in some fashion, I decided to do that as well. Concept being that misama (poison) is what fuels my rider basically, demon poison.

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Penitent (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 9: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Slash (Rank 2, Serrated Blade)
    Level 6: Cut Down (Delayed Attack, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 8: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique)
    Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 17: Mephitic
    Level 20: Crimson Bloom (Wall of Blades, Serrated Edges)
    Level 23: Deflect (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Will-o'-the-Wisp
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Eviscerate (Rank 2, Messy)
    Level 35: Intensity
    Level 38: Whirling Dragon Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Flight

Specializations
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Offensive Expertise (1/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

I have no clue how this build really is and if anyone wants to, they can spin it into a build that focuses more on survivability and being a hybrid role, I'm not picky. But, I decided to go end over con because when testing some of the powers with the original stat setup Flowcyto posted, I was just not keeping enough energy to maintain certain powers. But this is just my idea, I rather see the build masters take a crack at this instead lol.
  • Options
    If you want basic combos that can poison, then that would be Viper's Fangs w/ adv or Frenzy w/ adv. It won't be as high melee dps, though, since those advs come at the cost of a normal rank (and VF can;t bleed, and Frenzy can't put up Shredded), but if the concept matters more to you then it can still work okay. This is more-or-less a weapons build now, though, and that's a pretty big departure from Unarmed, so I guess I'm a bit confused as to what you actually want for this character. But if you are going the bleed + weapons route, then you prob want to make a Rupture build w/ Reaper's Caress in Single Blade (Slash + AotB can still work okay for that, if you want a Str-based route).

Also, if you had energy issues w/ my build then that tells me you prob didn't gear enough Dex, since I gave you 3 sources of energy (the form, EU, and Rush- and most builds don't have something like the latter to help) that all scale w/ Dex. On the PTS, I have ample energy w/ it as long as Rush is being used.
  • Options
    I do apologize for the confusion, truly. Maybe I should explain myself proper. There is nothing wrong with the build you posted. I admittedly never mentioned that the toon in question was not level 40 so i couldn’t build quite like you had it. And yes I did originally want it to be unarmed (and possibly still do) but I realized that what I was asking was not maybe being true to the toon. So I decided to experiment and well thought maybe I could mix the ma single blade’s bleed with infernal’s poison to create a possible demonic themed rider since his concept is a martial artist whose powers technically come from the demons that are plaguing his home via using demonic powers including misama, a form of demonic poison. I realize now I can roll the chi energy mechanic into that concept. Truth be told, to make a build that matched the riders from tv in modern time would require unarmed, a kick or two, melee weapons, a gun or two and possibly even some other stuff. No way to make that work in champs. So going for a more thematic but synergies build that can balance survivability and damage might be best. So what ever synergizes well with unarmed chi effects while still fitting the demonic angle might be best. I’m seriously sorry for all the trouble I’ve been causing.
  • Options
    Eh, no need to be that penitent, rofl- we're just making a build for a video game :p I just want to know if you're more settled on using a weapon most of the time you are fighting (and if so, what type- claws or blades?), or if you want to rely more on punches and kicks (and if so, then I'd prob just go back to suggesting my original build). You can make viable builds from either approach, so I was just looking for a direction.
  • Options
    I think for this guy probably punches and kicks. Though maybe cut out the infernal bolts and ebon shield for single blade eb and some other sb power that has chi effects on it. I figured chi flames can be hellfire/demonic poisons at work.
  • Options
    Well, you prob want to replace Ebon Void w/ another block enhancer, so if you want a blade then SB's Deflect can work there. The energy builder can be whatever, since you ideally won't be using it much (or at all when geared).
  • Options
    Oh yeah, just curious. Been meaning to ask why Ice Sheath exactly on your build? It says it boosts elemental damage up when I look at it's tool tip.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ice Sheath, Imbue, and Lock N Load are the three AOs that have decent generalized dps bonuses compared to other AOs, so it's typically a good idea to get at least one of them for a dps unit. Ice Sheath gives an extra boost to crit severity, in particular. It doesn't just boost Elemental dmg, so maybe you're reading the wrong tooltip (like Ice Form's).
  • Options
    Possible.
  • Options
    xxrowenxxxxrowenxx Posts: 3 Arc User
    You could also go Str Dex Con and use the darkness block, EU, and Lunge w/fear adv. Then run one of the MA fist moves that does dimensional damage to trigger the Darkness EU after you have placed it on the enemy with the Lunge w/adv (Emerging Nightmares) is what I think it is called. I use this build on my tank and since you stack Con you get a massive jolt of energy every time the darkness EU pops.
  • Options
    Yea, the Void Shift w/ adv + Spirit Reverb approach w/ Con SS could be good too, though honestly Steadfast or Chi Manip can work pretty easily for most Unarmed builds as is.