test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Accidental Ninja

I'm invisible to anyone but my friends and SG's when I log in.

I cannot recall how I did that or how to undo it.

Any suggestions?

Here we are now going to the West Side
Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
Some may come and some may stay
Watching out for a sunny day
Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    /anon bug?
    Try /unanon.
    But don't assassinate me if this goes wrong...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Yes, there is a bug which I believe is related to either accidentally going anonymous, or whitelisting all chat.

If all chat is whitelisted, you'll only see chat from people on your friends list and in your current characters Super group, and current teammates. it will treat everyone else as if you are /ignoring them.

Try opening the whitelist button on the bottom left edge of the O sOcial panel, and if there isn't anything on, turn it on, then turn it all back off, hopefully to unstick the setting, then type /hide or /anon (same command with two different words for it), and then typing /unhide or /unanon (same deal, two command words for the same function) in order to make sure you aren't either hiding from everyone or whitelisting all chat.

If you only ever see chat from people on your current team, super group or friends list and people can try to PM you when not on any of those and are told you are ignoring them, then have them join your group to let you know this, as that's a whitelisted all chat problem, and I'm not sure what causes it, but it's a rare (I hope) bug I've heard of and tried to help people with for going on eight years now.

I sure would hate to find out it's actually more prevalent, but maybe a bunch of people who got the bug and left the game, thinking the community sucks, how would any of us know?