What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/11/2018

2»

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote: »
    No, what I mean is leveling characters, basically doing the same missions over and over is less tedious then this new version of trick or treating.
    You mention the amount of characters, not the leveling it takes to get those characters to level 40. Either way, they're both not that tedious to do. There is plenty of time to get the Unlucky perk during this month long event, especially when you could jump to a different trick or treater if they don't spawn a black cat.

My original quote was"It's incredibly tedious. This coming from someone that's leveled over 100 character to level 40." Not sure where the confusion came from on your end but whatever, you don't find the trick or treating tedious, well power to you. That's fantastic, for you, but I find spending 20 minutes plus for 15 coins and 5 to 8 bags to be a pretty disgusting waste of my time.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    My original quote was"It's incredibly tedious. This coming from someone that's leveled over 100 character to level 40." Not sure where the confusion came from on your end but whatever, you don't find the trick or treating tedious, well power to you. That's fantastic, for you, but I find spending 20 minutes plus for 15 coins and 5 to 8 bags to be a pretty disgusting waste of my time.
    And I leveled 150 level 40s and it wasn't very tedious, especially when the double exp boost, exp bonus stacking, and having many option in regarding where you level is a thing. If you find doing the Trick or Treat or it daily a waste of time, then why not just do Bite or Zombie Apocalypse for those token? Or buy drifter and convert it to token? Or just wait until week 2?
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    I want to know how many black cats I did after 100.
    It doesn't show up how much till 'unlucky' perk!! @3@
    And I leveled 150 level 40s and it wasn't very tedious, especially when the double exp boost, exp bonus stacking, and having many option in regarding where you level is a thing.
    Ah . . . good for you? I'm trying to talk about the trick or treat part of the blood moon, pointing out that I leveled a lot of toons as proof that I am capable of doing a lot of (what some people would call) boring and repetitive stuff and for some reason that's what you're focusing on. I'm saying "I don't like subject A and I should know, I've done a lot of subject A1" and you're saying "I've done way more subject A1 than you and I love subject A" All you're showing is that you're more willing to do boring and tedious things than I am, it's like me saying I've eaten Carolina Reaper and I find the Da Bomb Beyond Insanity Hot Sauce to be very spicy" and then you saying "I've eaten dozens of Carolina Reapers and I think that hot sauce is weak sauce"
    You're not actually adding value to the conversation. You're just showing that someone who's done a lot of "subject A1" is predisposed to doing things like "subject A"

In a previous post I said why I found this tedious. Maybe if you want to argue with me you should try to explain why you enjoy the reworked trick or treating?

If you find doing the Trick or Treat or it daily a waste of time, then why not just do Bite or Zombie Apocalypse for those token? Or buy drifter and convert it to token? Or just wait until week 2?
    You seem to think that my criticism is based on me demanding change or something? I'm just giving my opinions of the new content. I've been playing the game a long time, I've got almost everything unlocked in the costume store, even stuff I don't care for, I'm perfectly capable of waiting till there's something less tedious to do to get some of the new things I want this year. I'm giving feedback because I just wanted to share my opinion on things that have been changed that I used to enjoy. As I said above, I'm expressing why I don't like the changes, but that's not me saying that nobody should like it and me demanding that it switch back.
    Ah . . . good for you? I'm trying to talk about the trick or treat part of the blood moon, pointing out that I leveled a lot of toons as proof that I am capable of doing a lot of (what some people would call) boring and repetitive stuff and for some reason that's what you're focusing on. I'm saying "I don't like subject A and I should know, I've done a lot of subject A1" and you're saying "I've done way more subject A1 than you and I love subject A" All you're showing is that you're more willing to do boring and tedious things than I am, it's like me saying I've eaten Carolina Reaper and I find the Da Bomb Beyond Insanity Hot Sauce to be very spicy" and then you saying "I've eaten dozens of Carolina Reapers and I think that hot sauce is weak sauce"
    You're not actually adding value to the conversation. You're just showing that someone who's done a lot of "subject A1" is predisposed to doing things like "subject A"

In a previous post I said why I found this tedious. Maybe if you want to argue with me you should try to explain why you enjoy the reworked trick or treating?
    You're not really adding any value to the conversation when you stated that it was tedious follow by saying that you leveled 100 alts to level 40. This is like comparing a job interview for a Fire Fighter position and you explain your past experience as an arsonist to your interviewer. It just not the same to compare these two things. The trick or treat daily isn't even that time consuming when you figure out the quirk of the quest. I just clock in 5 minutes doing the daily today with the advice I use on myself, and I even fought 2 black cats during the rotation. If you're going for the Unlucky title, it obvious that it going to be grind if you try to do it one sitting, but the fact that the event play off one entire month gave you many opportunities with those dailies to get you to 250 black cat kills, eventually.
    You seem to think that my criticism is based on me demanding change or something? I'm just giving my opinions of the new content. I've been playing the game a long time, I've got almost everything unlocked in the costume store, even stuff I don't care for, I'm perfectly capable of waiting till there's something less tedious to do to get some of the new things I want this year. I'm giving feedback because I just wanted to share my opinion on things that have been changed that I used to enjoy. As I said above, I'm expressing why I don't like the changes, but that's not me saying that nobody should like it and me demanding that it switch back.
    And that nice of you have unlock all those costume parts and play the game for a long time, but so have many other players and I. The trick or treat daily is pretty simple and not tedious due to the fast respawn of the npc. Other option still exist if you want to get those event tokens and those are much more fun. Saying you level 100 level 40s doesn't really offer that much of a comparison.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Any word on un-fixing the Kiga dogs? They are still a mess
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I also think the trick or treat thing is tedious. Of course I've always felt that way, every bloodmoon, so I basically never bothered with it. Others may feel free to utilize my solution or some variation of it if they are having a similar issue.​​
    I don't know anyone who doesn't think it is boring. Given the current method, I can't imagine how anyone could think it would be anything but boring. The devs seems to have a MUCH different definition of fun than real humans.

Put more ToTers together in one group.
    Put more groups out.
    Make the monsters at least a teeny tiny bit of a challenge.
    Make the numbers scale with team size.
    Make it so teams share credit for kills.
    Significantly inncrease the number of kills necessary.
    That way, rather than just standing around waiting for respawn or running in circles, most of the ToT farming time is spent actually fighting. Standing, waiting, and traveling just are not fun and I can never figure out why the devs think it is so. Increase the number needed so that total farm time is about the same as it is now, but the actual farming would be so much more fun.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't know anyone who doesn't think it is boring. Given the current method, I can't imagine how anyone could think it would be anything but boring. The devs seems to have a MUCH different definition of fun than real humans.

Bit of hyperbole there mixed in with some hipsterish dev-bashing. I'd like fries with that and a coke no ice. I'm sure some people think the event is fun, and for others it's just typical mmo event busywork and they're somewhat neutral on it. Then there's us, for whom it is tedious. And I'm sure somewhere somebody is gnashing their teeth in anguish and they'd be rage-posting super hard about it.. if they weren't forum muted.

That's why I say just don't do it. After all these years, trying to act like it doesn't have a place in this game is like when people say wal-marts should be removed.
    You're not really adding any value to the conversation when you stated that it was tedious follow by saying that you leveled 100 alts to level 40. This is like comparing a job interview for a Fire Fighter position and you explain your past experience as an arsonist to your interviewer. It just not the same to compare these two things.
    OMG no, I've gone over this for you and you're still not getting it. I'm sorry if English isn't your first language but I don't speak wall. Your analogy here simply doesn't work, I'm not applying to try to do anything, I'm trying to express how much I don't want to do it. For that analogy to work they'd have to asking me to do something, like say they were offering me a job to cut someone's front lawn, and me turning them down saying it doesn't interest me because I was grounds keeper for the New York Mets.
    The trick or treat daily isn't even that time consuming when you figure out the quirk of the quest. I just clock in 5 minutes doing the daily today
    That seems unlikely.
    The trick or treat daily is pretty simple and not tedious due to the fast respawn of the npc.
    That's actually something I wanted to bring up, now that I've done this new version a few times now I don't find the respawn time any faster than before. I can circle the block and still find myself waiting for the Trick or treaters to respawn. I don't see any difference on that front over last year. Perhaps because there's less of them I'm circling the block faster. spending less time interacting with the trick or treaters, less time fighting monsters, but I'm not seeing this improvement at all.
    Saying you level 100 level 40s doesn't really offer that much of a comparison.
    Right, saying that I played a lot of the game doesn't show I know anything about the game. Guess you got me there. Okay, let me try rewording this to something you can't object to: I find this event tedious, and my favorite hobby is watching paint dry. Do you understand it now?

I mean let's look at your post that I responded to:
    Have a second screen ready for video watching or doing other things while doing this grind.
    Clearly you were saying the event was loads of fun but when I said that I also found it to be a grind suddenly you had to object. I honestly don't know why you want to argue with me but I'm done. I only responded this time because I wanted to bring up the respawn thing. It seemed like an opportunity to interject that bit of observation but if I can't add anything of value to your strange replies I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. I feel like we've already clogged up this thread with this pointless debate.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    XVtpuP0.png
    Got my Kitten, so here is my tip you could try. Have a second screen ready for video watching or doing other things while doing this grind. Find a route that best suited you and without any competition. If you're not going for the kill perks, you could simply ignore the monster and run/fly to your next ToT until you get a Black Cat.

No, this is the error, and that's why the kitten wouldn't unlock for me. Because I already had the one from last year. There will be an exchange merchant to fix it on patch day. It should look very similar to Serena, just smaller, a true black cat, not a charcoal one like Cinder.

[NbK]XStorm
    Forum ate my comment while I was editing.
    OMG no, I've gone over this for you and you're still not getting it. I'm sorry if English isn't your first language but I don't speak wall. Your analogy here simply doesn't work, I'm not applying to try to do anything, I'm trying to express how much I don't want to do it. For that analogy to work they'd have to asking me to do something, like say they were offering me a job to cut someone's front lawn, and me turning them down saying it doesn't interest me because I was grounds keeper for the New York Mets.
    The comparison you presented earlier was a bad comparison, especially how different they are. Comparing a daily with leveling is like comparing the speed of a snail with the time it take the light from the sun to travel to the earth's surface. You don't seem to speak wall, but post says otherwise.
    That seems unlikely.
    You don't have to believe me that I have done the daily in such a short time, but it seem that you prefer to complain about the daily instead of trying to find a way to speed the process up.
    That's actually something I wanted to bring up, now that I've done this new version a few times now I don't find the respawn time any faster than before. I can circle the block and still find myself waiting for the Trick or treaters to respawn. I don't see any difference on that front over last year. Perhaps because there's less of them I'm circling the block faster. spending less time interacting with the trick or treaters, less time fighting monsters, but I'm not seeing this improvement at all.
    You should try having about 6 to 7 trick or treater in a route and do it from there. By the time you finish your cycle, the trick or treater should respawn.
    Right, saying that I played a lot of the game doesn't show I know anything about the game. Guess you got me there. Okay, let me try rewording this to something you can't object to: I find this event tedious, and my favorite hobby is watching paint dry. Do you understand it now?
    What is wrong with watching paint dry? Watching paint dry would require someone or someone else to paint the wall and then watch the wall dry up. The former require some effort into painting the wall, but you get to enjoy the result of having a clean, painted wall.
    Clearly you were saying the event was loads of fun but when I said that I also found it to be a grind suddenly you had to object. I honestly don't know why you want to argue with me but I'm done. I only responded this time because I wanted to bring up the respawn thing. It seemed like an opportunity to interject that bit of observation but if I can't add anything of value to your strange replies I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. I feel like we've already clogged up this thread with this pointless debate.
    That was for anyone that wanted to get the Unlucky Title in one sitting. You could spread out the 250 black cat kill throughout the Bloodmoon event and get the title and the action figure eventually.
  • lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'll admit to being a fairly terrible player, and it only takes me about 10 minutes to do the daily. I can totally buy 5 minutes. Once you learn the static spawn locations it's a cinch. I've found one spot with three spawns in close proximity. Just boom boom boom. And they respawn in like a minute or so.

Edit: Oh, and my char is a tank, so no dps.
    Post edited by lan#8253 on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Hell, people been asking for a Trick or Treat map and none exists (nevermind the fact that the spawns have been changed) after 9 years because no one bothered doing ToT, nor BITE and jumped straight to farming heroes non stop.
    I've considered making one every year. Prior to this year there was too many ToTers for it to be worthwhile.
    I do not like these trick or treat changes:

1) there are less trick or treaters
    They respawn much faster.
    Fast enough you can cycle 2-3 locations for your daily.
    2) they move about making it them harder to spot
    3) there's trouble interacting with them, I think it's because they're now moving, you can't talk with them until they stop.
    You can't interact with them when they're doing emotes.
    I long ago concluded they're not really NPCs. I think they're actually objects shaped like NPCs. I noticed that each time the start walking the interact area is at the position they started walking from. When you interact you face the location they were at before they started moving.
    4) defeating the monsters now rarely rewards a treat bag
    Seems like 100% to me. Just the treat bag is autopickup so it goes straight to inventory if you're close to it when it goes down.
    Last year I concluded the drop rate was 25% or less.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    This may sound like a broken record from my part but since it came back to rotation I cannot stress it enough...

The Hunter NPCs in Canada need to be seriously adjusted.

Not only do they spawn really close together and have a relatively short respawn, but also they can use the "Call for Help" mechanic from other enemies. So even if you are being really careful where and when to attack other players you can end up being surrounded easily by 10 Hunter NPCs between kiting, patrols, respawns and Call for Helps.

Wolves are the ones supposed to overrun enemies with numbers, not Hunters.​​
    edited October 2018
    Seems like 100% to me. Just the treat bag is autopickup so it goes straight to inventory if you're close to it when it goes down.
    I'd say it's down this year. I can also confirm that treat bags don't automatically go into your inventory, they're actually dropped on your character. This is true even for trick or treaters. The treat bag seems to be spawned on top of your character so if you move too quickly after defeating a bad guy you may well miss that treat bag. Currently the rewards seem to be one in ten for me, though occasionally a monster will reward two treat bags. Feels like it's currently between 10 and 15%
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Now that I'm looking at it, I think trick or treat monsters have the same bag drop chance as any other random mob (I was getting most of my bags off lead tempest, not trick or treat).
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Hey I got 'Unlucky' perk and got the AF I've already unlocked last year. I feel so unlucky. o3o
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I'd say it's down this year. I can also confirm that treat bags don't automatically go into your inventory, they're actually dropped on your character. This is true even for trick or treaters. The treat bag seems to be spawned on top of your character so if you move too quickly after defeating a bad guy you may well miss that treat bag. Currently the rewards seem to be one in ten for me, though occasionally a monster will reward two treat bags. Feels like it's currently between 10 and 15%
    Just as a PSA:
    HalloweenTreatBag.png
    If you see one of those.... IT"S A TREAT BAG! Seriously, unlike the lame 2-d sprites for Foxbatcon, these are both 3-d AND they glow!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

HalloweenTreatBag.png

EkvmmkV.gif

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Now that I'm looking at it, I think trick or treat monsters have the same bag drop chance as any other random mob (I was getting most of my bags off lead tempest, not trick or treat).

That would actually make sense.
    Just as a PSA:
    HalloweenTreatBag.png
    If you see one of those.... IT"S A TREAT BAG! Seriously, unlike the lame 2-d sprites for Foxbatcon, these are both 3-d AND they glow!

Yep, also I was wrong earlier, the trick or treaters will drop the loot bag on you, the monsters have it appear on their bodies like any other defeated mob. I was confused earlier as the only character I use to farm is a close range fighter. I wanted to test over all speed of farming this event and tried it with a different toon.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yep, also I was wrong earlier, the trick or treaters will drop the loot bag on you
    They actually drop it where you interacted, if you're quick you can leave it behind.
    Yep, also I was wrong earlier, the trick or treaters will drop the loot bag on you
    They actually drop it where you interacted, if you're quick you can leave it behind.

Yes, they drop on you, where you interacted with them, which is why it's important to make people aware that they're not automatically added to your inventory.
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    am i too optimistic to hope for a real expansions ever? its been......too long why not china and work with tiger squad?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Yes, you are too optimistic. There aren't the resources available for such an expansion.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    jbtlvcxd93e11.jpg