test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account verification question (asking for a GOOD friend)

Signal boosting for this since I would be quite bummed out to see a good friend of mine (and a respected member of the Champions community) lose out on everything.

The SSD on Thundrax's computer unexpectedly died this week, resulting in him losing a lot of saved stuff. He's been working on recovering and redownloading things but ran into an issue with getting the one-time verification code he needs to access the game (and by extension his account). It simply doesn't seem to be sending to his email when the prompt to enter it shows up when opening the game.

I was helping him troubleshoot the issue and it seems that his Arc account information shows two different emails on two different sources-- viewing account information from the website has his correct email, but the Arc launcher shows an outdated email address (that he no longer has access to or can recover a password for). I have a feeling that the system is trying to send verification emails to the outdated email. CS staff has verified his email linked to the account is the correct one but it still seems like he hasn't gotten any emails.

Is it possible for CS staff to just change the email to a different one he *does* have access to so he can get his code and play the game again? It's a frustrating situation for 'Drax to begin with and I'd hate to see him lose access to everything he's built up to on his account as a staunch supporter of the game for the last decade.

Original post from Thundrax (using his Arc login):
Okay folks. I need help.

My computer died on Sunday night, about 630 pm (you can probably verify the time within a few minutes or so). I got it back and running - but Champions Online now needs a one-time code, Which either it's not sending, or is sending to an address that's no longer accessible to me.

I've gone through customer service. They acknowledged my email was correct, and the fact I'm no imposter. They've been unable to get me that code, and have dropped communication in the last few days.

It's a simple damn thing, and I don't understand why the process of getting back in game and with my friends has to be so frustrating. Could you please email me what I need to get back to the game which I've played since late alpha?

(And sorry about the threadjack, Only way I could post.)

Thanks, desperately,
Thundrax

PS Be a Hero
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate

Comments