test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It seems, that I came back :)

dogmaticusdogmaticus Posts: 20 Arc User
Hello everyone,

I've been a LTS since CO went into open beta, but for the last few years I have not played the game much. Since more or less one week I have been checking the game, trying to provoke a discussion on it's state here on the forums, to also get the feeling of contemporary community. In the end - I have decided to once again try playing CO, and I must say that I really enjoy the game, and the creative freedom is even greater than ever. CO is probably the best medium to experience a custom, unique superhero story. And I love all the costume pieces that have been added.

Currently I am playing a DPS class to try re-learn the ropes, but after that I will move to freeform. My current character was bred with the super soldier project in mind back in the days of the Soviet Block. Obviously not all things went the way they were supposed to, which will also take us to his first nemesis, as soon as he hits the appropriate level (I might write a bit about the backstory in the appropriate forum :) ). He's sporting a vintage, home-made look gear, but I intend to equip him with the retrofitted armor from the 1980's, and eventually also with some very modern variations of the gear.
l
Anyway - it's nice to be back, the game is more fun than ever, and I am only sad, that there isn't more hype generated by PWE on Facebook & Twitter around it, because people such as myself don't even know how much is the game changing, or what is being added.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    PTS (Public Test server) threads of whats coming.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I thought that this was going to be a rant thread; but was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't, if only more folks felt the way that you do!
    [NbK]XStorm
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Welcome back! You're just in time for the Bloodmoon, with fun events and zone content plus really great costume pieces and auras for you to catch up on if you've missed the last few years.

If you don't have time to run the event a bunch, stock up on cheap drifter salvage boxes at the AH or get some keys on the cheap to get drifter salvage from lockboxes, as you can trade this in for event currency for items you really want (like the spooky ghost aura that makes you semi-transparent). Really opens up costume possibilities when you start to combo auras!

Drifter exchange applies to all events, so always try to have some on hand. But also be aware that while costumes still bind to all characters on your account, auras, emotes and event-specific vehicles will bind to the character that equips them (always check the description because some are even bind on pickup - sometimes you can grab things and stash them in your hideout for others, if not, stash drifter salvage in your hideout instead (next to where you can deposit G) and follow the above). Enjoy your return to MC!
    Post edited by beerbane on