test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Venom 2018

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCn88bfW1o[/yt]

I AM GUSHING OVER THIS MOVIE SO HARD RIGHT NOW! Venom looks freakin' amazing! I love the little detail that he doesn't have the spider emblem. The trailer even has 11 Million views!

Venom movie is LIT AS F***!!
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yes, very nice special effects. The fact that Venom appears to be completely divorced from Spider Man is.... a thing as well.​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yes, very nice special effects. The fact that Venom appears to be completely divorced from Spider Man is.... a thing as well.​​

You make it sound like a bad thing. Don't think there are plans on Venom crossing over to MCU.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Looks awesome, can't wait to see how this turns out. I really hope they do a few movies focusing on the Symbiotes so we can see Carnage and Toxin as well.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I just can’t understand a damn thing he says......

Tom Hardy that is
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    This just reminds me of that one time they made that Catwoman movie that had nothing to do with and made no reference to Batman...

at least the trailer for here makes it look like it might be a fun movie, but my expectations are pretty low for this one.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    hemslord wrote: »
    Looks awesome, can't wait to see how this turns out. I really hope they do a few movies focusing on the Symbiotes so we can see Carnage and Toxin as well.
    Scream, Mayhem, so many Symbiotes....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Riot
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    well, i mean, if you want the FULL list: https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Symbiotes Enjoy!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    They could have just made the symbiote look different and change Eddie Brock's name. And name the movie something like 'Symbiote'.
    Because, Venom is connected to Spider-Man theres no other way around it. There wouldn't be "Venom" without Spider-Man.
    Yeah, it looks awesome.
    And it's feels just a money grab. :#
    Someone whos been following the symbiote's creation and things after that, i'm just; where's Spidey?
    Well, atleast he wont be shooting web and swinging between buildings? Right?...
    But i'm gonna watch it anyways.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    They could have just made the symbiote look different and change Eddie Brock's name. And name the movie something like 'Symbiote'.
    Because, Venom is connected to Spider-Man theres no other way around it. There wouldn't be "Venom" without Spider-Man.
    Yeah, it looks awesome.
    Someone whos been following the symbiote's creation and things after that, i'm just; where's Spidey?
    Well, atleast he wont be shooting web and swinging between buildings? Right?...
    But i'm gonna watch it anyways.

Well, Tom Holland was rumored to be present at the set. So maybe they'll make a tie-in? To be honest, Venom not having any connections to Spider-man is interesting. It can focus more on the symbiotes/Klyntar instead of your typical "I hate you Spider-man!".
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yeah, it looks awesome.
    Saw a tweet earlier, posing the question, "Venom, why are you in a movie without Spider-Man?"

Followed by a clip of Venom, leaning over someone, saying, "We need... money."

:lol:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Remember that Venom didnt just meet up with Spiderman instantly... it took time for the two to crossover, ala Eddie to Flash > Agent Venom. I assume they are doing the origin first before they cross them over since Flash is already a MCU character.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I was expecting Tom Hardy to say something incredibly cheesy but awesome in a voice no one can understand Bane style and so far Venom is not disappointing

https://youtu.be/xLCn88bfW1o?t=2m28s
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    Given that Venom is more than "just another Spider-man villain" in the comics, it's not a stretch to see him solo as a mostly-hero.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Venom looks damn near perfect, honestly. Plus: Tom Hardy.
    Gonna be good! :love:
    spordelia wrote: »
    Venom looks damn near perfect, honestly. Plus: Tom Hardy.
    Gonna be good! :love:

Its just going to be a vehicle for Tom Hardy super villain monologues and I am 100% fine with that.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    Remember that Venom didnt just meet up with Spiderman instantly... it took time for the two to crossover, ala Eddie to Flash > Agent Venom. I assume they are doing the origin first before they cross them over since Flash is already a MCU character.
    Actually, Venom kind of did meet up with Spider-Man "instantly". In the first Secret Wars, when the Beyonder had taken Earth's heroes and villains to the Battle-World so he could see whether good or evil was stronger (he was the life force of a newborn universe, cut him some slack), Peter, whose costume had been badly damaged in an earlier fight, watched from a distance as Thor went into a structure and emerged with his cape repaired. After Thor left, Peter went into the same building, but this time instead of getting his costume repaired, it was replaced, with a new one that made him stronger and faster and that made its own webbing. It wasn't until after everyone returned to Earth that Peter learned his costume was in fact an alien symbiont; even later he learned that it was taking his body for rides while he tried to sleep, which meant his sleep wasn't exactly restful.

He managed to get the symbiont off the first time with the aid of Reed Richards, who used a sonic cannon to drive the creature into a container. Unfortunately, the symbiont eventually escaped, and made its way back to Peter's closet, where it disguised itself as one of his new costumes (he'd become rather taken with the symbiont's black-and-white pattern). After realizing what had happened, Peter took himself to a church tower as the bell was ringing vespers; the close-quarters sonic damage very nearly killed Peter, but the symbiont, realizing Peter would rather die, decided to rescue him and separate.

It then found Eddie Brock in the sanctuary, where he was mourning his dead wife. It paired up with him, and together they sought revenge on Spider-Man. That storyline ended with the Brock/symbiont combo, calling itself Venom, kidnapping and threatening MJ in order to bring Spider-Man in for a fight. Afterward, MJ found herself too traumatized by the incident to tolerate the new black costume any longer, so Peter went back to his old blue-and-red outfit.

They clashed a few times over the years, and then of course there were all the spinoff symbionts - but Venom was the first of them to meet, and later fight, Spider-Man.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited August 2018
    I meant non Secret Wars man...
    Like as in, as soon as Venom symbiote came to Earth and bonded with the host... Spiderman didnt come in to play ASAP...
    edited August 2018
    They should do a "all origins at once" cut of all the 'origin' marvel movies where they take all of them and cut them together, since I mean it's all gotta be happening before all the crazy insanity in the Avengers movies. It'd be like 20 hours long o3o​​
    Like as in, as soon as Venom symbiote came to Earth and bonded with the host... Spiderman didnt come in to play ASAP...
    Yes, in fact, he did. In the comics, Spider-Man was the very first superhero Venom went up against, when Venom started attacking everything Peter Parker held dear in an effort to destroy him (the symbiote was apparently quite put out about being rejected, and Brock blamed Spider-Man for the loss of his previous career as a reporter, leading to losing his family). A quick history can be found here; the storyline took place back in the late '80s.

jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, in fact, he did. In the comics, Spider-Man was the very first superhero Venom went up against, when Venom started attacking everything Peter Parker held dear in an effort to destroy him (the symbiote was apparently quite put out about being rejected, and Brock blamed Spider-Man for the loss of his previous career as a reporter, leading to losing his family). A quick history can be found here; the storyline took place back in the late '80s.

Thats what gets me. After all the bad blood between them Venom is now regarded as one of Parker allies. An uneasy comradeship (they still come to blows often) like the one he has with Blade, Black cat or Frank Castle but yeah more often or not he will team up with him and go fight (greater) evil. If I was Parker I would kick the utter ^%$£ out of Venom on sight. For a smart guy Spiderman sure is dumb.

Well, when Flash still had the Venom symbiote, Spider-man was quite a jerk and picked a fight on-sight. It was a real shock for me to see Spider-man being all aggro on Venom. Sure they have history, but attacking without warning? Since when was Spidey vengeful?

Venom right now is being "purged" by the God of Symbiotes which I think personally is a dumb villain with a dumb origin story. But I kept reminding myself, "this is a comic book. Dumb isn't out of the question."
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Has Wolverine ever had the Symbiote? How many people have had these darn symbiotes? >:T​​
    Well, when Flash still had the Venom symbiote, Spider-man was quite a jerk and picked a fight on-sight. It was a real shock for me to see Spider-man being all aggro on Venom. Sure they have history, but attacking without warning? Since when was Spidey vengeful?
    Probably since Venom tried to push him in front of a subway train, then kidnapped and tortured his fiance. Most guys need more than a couple of years to get past that sort of thing.
    spinnytop wrote:
    Has Wolverine ever had the Symbiote?
    Shhh - don't give them any more ideas for the Wolvie Sue!

Venom right now is being "purged" by the God of Symbiotes which I think personally is a dumb villain with a dumb origin story. But I kept reminding myself, "this is a comic book. Dumb isn't out of the question."

Yeah for some reason he is more NO U towards Flash than he is Brock. Brock seems to get away way with too much. Flash Thomson sure tried to kill Parker but thats super on super violence. Eddy kills non-supers for dropping litter. Eddie Venom catches you dropping a candy wrapper on the ground he will drop you off a building.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    J9Wau1m.png

Dr7SkuM.jpg

edited August 2018
    Yeah. I like that. That tentaclesaurus Rex is cool too.​​
    edited August 2018
    beezeeze wrote: »
    J9Wau1m.png

Wolvie Venom. Obviously the superior Venom.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I stopped collecting/following/reading comics in 1992. So, this "Venom is a hero" is news to me.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »
    I stopped collecting/following/reading comics in 1992. So, this "Venom is a hero" is news to me.​​

Not exactly a hero persay. More like an anti-hero. I also assume he might turn back to villainy because the recent issue of Venom showed the symbiote being purged of it's "humanity". Brock might be able to save it, but he's really rundown atm.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Purging a Symbiote of their "humanity" may actually make them less evil. Apparently Carnage is evil BECAUSE of Kletus Cassidy, not the other way around. Symbiotes actually have the same innate capacity for doing good that humans do.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    Looking forward to this one myself. Divorcing Venom from Spidey was a good decision IMO.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    Just watched it today. It was a fun movie. Not Marvel standard but any Venom fan would appreciate the movie. I crave for Official Venom merchandise! And I mean the good ones. The shirt Marvel made were so....plain.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • dogmaticusdogmaticus Posts: 20 Arc User
    Just watched it today. It was a fun movie. Not Marvel standard but any Venom fan would appreciate the movie. I crave for Official Venom merchandise! And I mean the good ones. The shirt Marvel made were so....plain.

Personally I'm a Funko POP vinyls collector, and the Venom figurines are pretty dope!
    edited October 2018
    The plot is badly written some of the actors can't well act though Tom Hardy nails it as always. The movie is awful. But it is awful in a good way. Its a magnificent train wreck, its that Venom inner voice when it talks to Eddie. Think of what Street Fighter The Movie would be like if every thing Bison said was a god tier Tuesday comment. Hardy's Venom performance outdoes his Bane one by a large margin. Its a bad movie but its a great watch in a b-movie way.