test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TO ALL IN SEARCH OF A RP SG IN 2017 and beyond!!!

savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
As the population is very low compared to 2009, 2010 and 2011 RPers face hard times. But this is over now!

Let´s organize a new RP SG in 2016 where everyone is welcome. Every level, every character, every archetype!

I will create a new character for all who want to start at the very beginning. I also will add a level 40 and some characters between.
Let´s quest in character and re-experience all the great quests and dungeons!

There are enough people who don´t want to hang out in Club Caprice all the time. Let´s have some RP PVE-action, drama, comedy, lovestories and everything what you need to have the best possible CO experience.

Even if we find only 5 players thats enough to form a SG and have the fun again!
Join now! It´s not too late to have again a great RP-time with Champions Online!

Yes, I am a returner and I loved the game.

Here is a RP-attunement for all interested parties: (Read it like the voice from offstage, like a cinematic trailer ;) )

Millennium City. Most of the heroes are gone. Some died, some quitted and some just got old. But the threads are still there. They even become more in number. The world is on the edge of an abyss. Will you just sit there and watch the world go down or will you stand up and fight? Even if the enemy is superior. Listen to your heart and tell me... who is gonna save the world when every single hero is gone?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QMYDjCef8
Post edited by savetheplanetnow on

Comments

• savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yes I know but PVE-RP is a very rare SG-form. The most are heavy RP and do not care about missions, instances and dungeons. But back in 2009-2011 I had great RP experiences while doing missions ICly.
    Just wanted to bring back these days.
    Maybe some players are interessted and we can discuss the SG name here in this thread.
    Thanks for the hint.

Since 2009 I tried pretty much SGs. The smaller ones are good to feel familiar but they also die faster due to inactive members.

The bigger ones like Omniguard won´t die this fast but they are pretty much distant to each other. For example:
    Member 1 is in his hideout, member 2 is soloing a mission, member 3 is in Caprice and member 4 is doing alerts. The only way of getting a team feeling is to use the SG chat. That´s not my idea of a TEAM. Everyone who ever joined a big SG will confirm my concerns.

Let me try to form a SG with other searching players. Maybe we will create something new together.
    Probably big enough to ignore each other
    edited September 2016
    I searched the whole weekend for a RP-SG. There was only 1 rectuiting message in the zone chat of a newly formed RP-SG with strict limitations to the character designs.

I can´t beleive that every RPer has found a so called RP-home. :/
    edited September 2016
    If you want to join or form a light to heavy RP Supergroup, post here.

I´m planning to get an active, modern SG in 2016.
    I prepared some of my characters the past days to fit with every SG idea you guys will come up with. (if you wish to form a special kind of SG)
    (Silver Age, Ninjas, Mutants, Teens, old school, medevil and so on)

Also name suggestions can be discussed here.

I´m online nearly every day and won´t go to another MMO, even when I am very well informed about the Superhero MMO situation (DC Universe Online, City of Titans, Valiance Online, Heroes & Villains, etc.)
    edited October 2016
    If you want to raise a new RP-SG with me send friend request to @savetheplanet

At the moment I have 1 people supporting this project. (Will be updated)
  • choirmasterchoirmaster Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi there! I am a semi-new player who dabbled in this game years ago. It's a lot better game now and I am interested seeing how things go. I was a die-hard City of Heroes gamer back in the day. Had a lot of stories and a lot of RP with those characters. Now I'm back here with a "reboot" of some of my old stuff. Hey, if it's old enough it's new, right?

Anyway, I'll be around in-game trying some new characters and seeing what sticks beyond the two I already have planned. Hope to see you!

Signed
    Your friendly neighborhood Choirmaster
  • thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User

I searched the whole weekend for a RP-SG. There was only 1 rectuiting message in the zone chat of a newly formed RP-SG with strict limitations to the character designs.

The bolded part is your main problem. Most RP SGs don't recruit in zone anymore. It's hard to get your message across with all the other junk going on. There's plenty of RP SGs out there. I know for a fact that Silver Age Sentinels and Young Sentinels are both recruiting as is Blackwatch Defenders and I believe Ultimate Guardians. SAS and YS do PVE-RP from time to time when there's new content/events or if someone is running an event. Blackwatch is VERY active in PVE-RP as they run weekly events near consistently. I've haven't dealt with UG in a few years but they usually had some kind of event going on back when I was with them.

Seems to me you're making this "problem" out to be more than it really is.

The bolded part is your main problem. Most RP SGs don't recruit in zone anymore. It's hard to get your message across with all the other junk going on. There's plenty of RP SGs out there. I know for a fact that Silver Age Sentinels and Young Sentinels are both recruiting as is Blackwatch Defenders and I believe Ultimate Guardians. SAS and YS do PVE-RP from time to time when there's new content/events or if someone is running an event. Blackwatch is VERY active in PVE-RP as they run weekly events near consistently. I've haven't dealt with UG in a few years but they usually had some kind of event going on back when I was with them.

Seems to me you're making this "problem" out to be more than it really is.
    Join if you are interested. Otherwise I don´t need explanations what seems to be a problem.
  • ergofrostergofrost Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm in! New to this game for the most part. Installing and patching the game now.
  • suilebhain1suilebhain1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I might actually give this game a try again if I thought that I can find other roleplayers to actually adventure with.
  • edited December 2016
    Hi, I've been looking for a RP, PVE SG. I'm new lvl 25 can I join your SG?
    Post edited by elvenenchantress#0855 on
    edited May 2017
    Greetings Heroes!
    I accepted all incoming friend requests to form a new RP PVE-SG with you!
    I´m looking forward to experience some great adventures with all of you.

Just to remeber you: There is no level limitation or character theme specification in this SG. Bring whatever you want, join, RP and have fun.

See you ingame! :)

Changed the year in the title to 2017. Please don´t be confused...
    edited September 2018
    This project was a huge success! Thank you to all participants!

2018 we are considering to bring this idea back because it was awesome to do all the missions in IC, with friends. I even found new places and secret missions I never saw before! I`m looking forward to the 2018 SG and the new members.
    Okay. We have a new run this year! Yay!
    I suggest we are doing this like last year. We create a new SG, everyone brings a fresh character into it and we start from the ground and go through all missions RP-style. Last year we found a way to farm high-end gear and keep it IC. I hope we can do this again. It was pure fun!
    Looking forward to the new "season"
    See you...
    #savetheplanets
  • crazycyborg25crazycyborg25 Posts: 3 Arc User
    i wouldnt mind a non-superpowered mercenary group tbh
    i wouldnt mind a non-superpowered mercenary group tbh

Well I think thats the only kind of hero missing in my roster...
  • fahrin1fahrin1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have a space engineer mercenary type that might work for that. I am extremely new to the concept of RP in game, but would be interested to try.
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Okay. We have a new run this year! Yay!
    I suggest we are doing this like last year. We create a new SG, everyone brings a fresh character into it and we start from the ground and go through all missions RP-style. Last year we found a way to farm high-end gear and keep it IC. I hope we can do this again. It was pure fun!
    Looking forward to the new "season"
    See you...
    #savetheplanets

I am just starting out in CO, I have a silver account with a LvL 21 Dragon Spirit AT (Chaosen) and LvL Savage LvL 10 (Saber Lynx), I have been trying to find a SG. But I might not be the best at the RP part since I am bit of a slow typer. BUT I am a RP'er from way back in the day of D&D's White Box set.

SO Let me know if you think I would I would fit in, because I would love to join ---- IF you can stand questions about the game :)
    edited April 2019
    Due to health problems I gave the leadership and our yearly recruiting process to a longtime SG member. I will join from time to time but I won`t organzie from zero to 40 RP leveling events anymore. The last years were fun and some of the guys who joined the SG were really reliable. Thank you for the fun and good RP!
    I may join some of the end-game RP and farming RP events but I can`t promise.
    See you in CO.
    Cheers.