test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Force Bolt (EB) refreshing Energy Form Cancel

n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
Force Bolt continuously refreshes the Energy Form Cancel created by Force Cascade.

zl0anDe.png

This is especially problematic on THE IMPULSE because Kinetic Manipulation counts as an ENERGY FORM, so your Passive Offense is turned off until you disable your EB for 8 seconds.... which is very problematic as the Force Powerset uses a lot of energy, and without a Buff Form that returns energy, the IMPULSE quickly runs out of energy, all while deprived of the the Defensive and Offensive buffs from Kinetic Manipulation.

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    While Personal Force Field is terrible, it's still probably the optimal passive choice for the Impulse.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    While Personal Force Field is terrible, it's still probably the optimal passive choice for the Impulse.

literally the worst powerset where the default example build they give you has a choice between "defense that leaves you with no defense if you take too much damage" and "offense that leaves you with no offense if you want to use your most powerful attack".
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    Also, if I am channeling Crushing Wave (with Force Bolts toggled OFF) when the Energy Form Cancel Debuff times out, it resets to 8 seconds.
  • Options

I was using PFF, but found my damage output was pathetic compared to using KM, and overall, I seem to be slightly more resistant to damage with KM... PFF seemed to be made of butter.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Yes, we know Force needs to be revamped/fixed, it's a matter of if/when that happens and how it's gonna turn out, hopefully good. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    n8mcd wrote: »
    I was using PFF, but found my damage output was pathetic compared to using KM, and overall, I seem to be slightly more resistant to damage with KM... PFF seemed to be made of butter.
    Hah. Unfortunately, the real answer is "if you want to use force cascade, build a freeform with Night Warrior, Quarry, or Unstoppable".
  • Options
    Hah. Unfortunately, the real answer is "if you want to use force cascade, build a freeform with Night Warrior, Quarry, or Unstoppable".
    Alas, I am playing an Impulse AT.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    This is the really sad fate of an outdated powerframe, to build a proper Force DPS you need to take the majority of buffs and utilities from other powerframes

Impulse right now is the victim of Old DEV's power designs decisions and we don't even know when force will get revamped
    Do you have 1 empty Freeform slot perhaps?
    I would like to remind you that DEVs gave us a new Character conversion feature
    If you have 1 empty FF slot you can convert ANY Archetype character into FF for FREE while keeping the characters progress, level, gear, perks e.t.c

You can still save your character from Force's current state​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    This is the really sad fate of an outdated powerframe, to build a proper Force DPS you need to take the majority of buffs and utilities from other powerframes

Impulse right now is the victim of Old DEV's power designs decisions and we don't even know when force will get revamped
    Do you have 1 empty Freeform slot perhaps?
    I would like to remind you that DEVs gave us a new Character conversion feature
    If you have 1 empty FF slot you can convert ANY Archetype character into FF for FREE while keeping the characters progress, level, gear, perks e.t.c

You can still save your character from Force's current state​​

I want the Impulse AT to not be broken, not be forced to buy a FF slot to fix a broken AT using a broken powerset.