test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add tex_memory_allowed command like in STO or NW

blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
According to some help of this command it says this:
"Limits the total use of texture memory as a fail-safe against fatal allocation errors.
Gates loading of new textures when the total memory loaded and in-use for loading is above
this threshold. This value is initialized gfxStartupPreWorldLib, or by the command-line."

So that could be a way in which players could try to reduce or fix memory leak errors that are reported most of the time, I hope devs consider addinng it, it should be working on STO and NW, so it could ported to CO, devs could at least check the possibility of that.
I'm the ruler of the fire power.

Comments

• Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    blazer2001 wrote: »
    According to some help of this command it says this:
    "Limits the total use of texture memory as a fail-safe against fatal allocation errors.
    Gates loading of new textures when the total memory loaded and in-use for loading is above
    this threshold. This value is initialized gfxStartupPreWorldLib, or by the command-line."

So that could be a way in which players could try to reduce or fix memory leak errors that are reported most of the time, I hope devs consider addinng it, it should be working on STO and NW, so it could ported to CO, devs could at least check the possibility of that.

Fairly certain they would have to rewrite the base code from scratch to just add it.