test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello, is this thing on?

The topic basically expresses how I feel when approaching Champions Online. The game seems to be almost abandoned, with not much content being added over recent years. I've been with the game since beta, and am a lifetimer, but for a long time haven't played it, staying mostly with DCUO (and from Cryptic games with Star Trek Online).

I guess what I'm trying to say is: how active is the community? Is there anything to do if and when I create a new toon? What's the state of the game in general?

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    giphy.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dogmaticusdogmaticus Posts: 20 Arc User
    ok... I guess that's it then ;). Back to DCUO.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The game is mostly just grinding events tokens and recogs. Endgame is just Cosmics and TA. We get some power revamps and costumes here and there. During peak hours, there's decent number of peeps online.

If you're not into those, or not into customization, feel free to stick to DCUO.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    Clearly you've already decided what the state of the game is for you and that you'll be headed back to other games. Why you, and others, feel compelled to let us know this by creating yet another DOOOM thread (basically) is beyond me.

If you play and question and contribute .. GREAT! If you wish to bemoan the lack of (major) content addition, please do so in any one of the other threads. Or go to the Suggestion forum and add something not already posted there.

If you are just going to leave ... leave. I have no sympathy for people that feel the need to create yet another "Nothing to do here, I'm leaving, ergo you should too" thread.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    dogmaticus wrote: »

Good. We don't want any sock puppets here anyways o3o​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    Why you, and others, feel compelled to let us know this by creating yet another DOOOM thread (basically) is beyond me.
    tumblr_p12fz2MzoC1ua3ziio1_400.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    Never did see the attraction to DCUO. I want to be a hero, not a sidekick.

dogmaticus wrote: »

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    We aren't heroes in CO, we are Champions. Free to be a villain or a hero if we please.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    We aren't heroes in CO, we are Champions. Free to be a villain or a hero if we please.
    Champions does sound better than Hero/Super Hero doesn't it?
    It has a nice ring on it and can be used by any kind of character :wink:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yeah it does :p
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    Clearly you've already decided what the state of the game is for you and that you'll be headed back to other games. Why you, and others, feel compelled to let us know this by creating yet another DOOOM thread (basically) is beyond me.

If you play and question and contribute .. GREAT! If you wish to bemoan the lack of (major) content addition, please do so in any one of the other threads. Or go to the Suggestion forum and add something not already posted there.

If you are just going to leave ... leave. I have no sympathy for people that feel the need to create yet another "Nothing to do here, I'm leaving, ergo you should too" thread.​​

No, I have not. I look at the game and see lack of significant updates. At some point Cryptic put most of its resources to Star Trek Online, and CO was left behind. Which is a pitty, because this is a really nice game with amazing customization options, and huge potential for roleplaying.

This thread was created with hope that I will get information about community, that there is something happening in the game. That is all.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    We've been getting steady updates for a while now under the current team. I kind of think everyone can tell that you've already made up your mind about if those updates are valid/satisfactory so that's why peeps aren't tripping over themselves to give you da info. Feel free to prove me wrong though.​​
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Last week of the extended 9th anniversary event is happening atm.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    We've been getting steady updates for a while now under the current team. I kind of think everyone can tell that you've already made up your mind about if those updates are valid/satisfactory so that's why peeps aren't tripping over themselves to give you da info. Feel free to prove me wrong though.​​
    Haha, no I'm not going to even try to prove you wrong, because I honestly don't see why I should ;).

I've been casually browsing the FB site, checking the CO site news section, etc., and it seemed to me that there really isn't anything meaningful being added. Which is why I asked here - to get a first hand information from people who actually play the game.

As much as I love DCUO, I am sometimes tired with the slightly dark tone and quite limited customization options. I want to go wild with my costume designs, as my character progresses. Which is why I'm hoping for some life in CO. Also because the game has an amazing lore in P&P books (I am proud to have chipped in to supporting one of them some time ago, even got my name in it :) ).
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    Since you say you've been here since Beta you must know the situation here. I'm not going to repeat what is posted every single time in every one of these threads. Put honest suggestions in the Suggestion Forum. Comment in the various other forums/threads.

Stop thinking that you are the only one that sees the situation and maybe a Dev will pay attention and miraculously post huge amounts of brand new content.

And, for your "hope that I will get information about community, that there is something happening in the game." ... PLAY it. Don't just jump on the forums after some long absence and hope people are going to blow sunshine. YOU need to decide for yourself ... from inside the game. YOU decide it blows chunks, then leave. Don't create another "bye bye" thread that no game ever needs.

Sure, now you're going to think I'm some mean ol monster on the forums and in the game. I'm just (finally) fed up with people who think they deserve special attention.

But, if you're going to go ... just go. No one needs to know the "why". It's the same "why" for every game out there. There's no secret mystical reason why some games get "more" and some get "less" attention. Deal with it and enjoy what you can OR don't and just move on.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    I need my "why". That why I posted. I posted the "why"... my "why".

And no, I'm not going to think that you're a monster. I just think that you are maybe slightly angry, definitely annoyed. And because of that you also seem to be slightly annoying ;), but that's fine. I think I know what you feel. I am also annoyed by people coming to game forums or FB to tell everybody that the game is dying, or is bad, or whatever. This was, however, not my intention.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    When was the last time you played? It could be argued you’ve missed years worth of content
  • Options
    You can put whatever you like in the Suggestion Box but devs won't/can't read it, so we're just talking to ourselves.
  • Options
    New zone..new fights...new stories...new tailor options...auras...transform...OV...Mechanon.....New vendors....new event....new end boss...new new new new

This is year 9...when did you stop?
  • Options
    Hell...vehicles and alerts might be new to you
  • Options
    Hell...vehicles and alerts might be new to you

No, they're most certainly not. ;) I drop by into Millenium City every now and then ;).
  • Options
    But do you play any of the content that we do have?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @dogmaticus said:
    > ok... I guess that's it then ;). Back to DCUO.

You're pretty chatty for a guy who's allegedly left to play a better game ;) lemme help you with that
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

This discussion has been closed.