test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVs Please read

I have some questions, is it possible to transfer a Character from some1 else to me. The reason Im asking is My Best Friend died and I dont want them to go to waste.
With a Phaser or Lightsaber it doesnt matter to me

Comments

• Options
    areeeareee Posts: 830 Arc User
    You need to send a message through support.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Tell you right now: No.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    emot-yikes.gif​​
  • Options
    hebruixehebruixe Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Make a tribute character. Maybe if you're lucky the devs will help you copy your friend's costumes. That's probably the closest you will get to preserving those characters.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Well, if you can guess what his Username/Pass are, you can technically take hold of their character.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A request to memorialize someone might go somewhere (more likely if it's a well known personage), though it's not very likely. A request to just transfer the character won't.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    If just saying "They were a friend of mine, but they died and I want to play their character now" would cause the devs to transfer characters from one account to another, then anyone that could identify a character on an inactive account could take over those characters as well.

It would be a terrible policy for any company to institute.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Devs, @spinnytop died on his way back to his home planet, can I have his DUCs?​​
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Firstly, based on what you've said here, I am very sorry for your loss, it may be an idea to take some time away from the game.

Ultimately though, you'll have a better chance at getting what you are requesting by contacting Customer Support.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    If just saying "They were a friend of mine, but they died and I want to play their character now" would cause the devs to transfer characters from one account to another, then anyone that could identify a character on an inactive account could take over those characters as well.

If the friend had left a will or something like that, maybe. IE there needs to be some way for the company to know that the person in question gave their consent.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Devs, @spinnytop died on his way back to his home planet, can I have his DUCs?​​

Ah spinnytop died... I miss her...
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Maybe you could NOT troll the topic.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

If the friend had left a will or something like that, maybe. IE there needs to be some way for the company to know that the person in question gave their consent.

Unless of course, the friend was young and did not expect to need to make/write a will and the death was sudden and unexpected. But, yeah, his best bet would be indeed to contact Support and see what they can do. I highly doubt they can just transfer the toon to you. If anything, they could give you the costume save info. But, I do not think that would work, unless you can somehow prove that your friend and the owner of the account are indeed one and the same. In which case, if I worked in support, I'd gladly give you save info on the costume so you could use. But, I'm sure there is a rule or something that would prevent an entire character transfer. Not sure though, hoping to hear something good.
  • Options
    soulforger wrote: »
    But, I'm sure there is a rule or something that would prevent an entire character transfer. Not sure though, hoping to hear something good.

There is no such rule mostly because the publishers most likely never considered the possibility of such a scenario. Like how would you even approach such a topic? Do you request a scan of the death certificate of your friend to prove that he has indeed passed away, and also their last tax form/bill receipt to prove that your friend who passed away lived in the address associated with the account's IP address? Furthermore how do you prove your relationship as a friend towards this person? There is a reason why succession's in real life are sorted out by lawyers, even if the deceased left behind a will.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There is no such rule mostly because the publishers most likely never considered the possibility of such a scenario.
    Well, there's the general rule against transferring accounts.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    But, I'm sure there is a rule or something that would prevent an entire character transfer. Not sure though, hoping to hear something good.
    There is no such rule mostly because the publishers most likely never considered the possibility of such a scenario. Like how would you even approach such a topic? Do you request a scan of the death certificate of your friend to prove that he has indeed passed away, and also their last tax form/bill receipt to prove that your friend who passed away lived in the address associated with the account's IP address? Furthermore how do you prove your relationship as a friend towards this person? There is a reason why succession's in real life are sorted out by lawyers, even if the deceased left behind a will.​​
    Yeah, for a case like this you need to first prove that the deceased is the owner. Then that they wanted you to have their stuff.
    e
    But the TOS might have a general non-transferability clause so...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    A thorough verification process would be important, otherwise you could nab someone's account while they're taking an extended break or something.​​
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

I was not meaning a rule for this specific type of case, but, general transfer rules. But, yes, what you described there would indeed be the general case on how they would have to do things. I think I heard about cases like this in other games...but, I think in most cases they couldn't transfer because they other party could not prove things or something along that lines. Companies may be wanting money, but, they do not tend to be heartless.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    > @jargonauts said:
    > I have some questions, is it possible to transfer a Character from some1 else to me. The reason Im asking is My Best Friend died and I dont want them to go to waste.

Sorry for your loss of a loved one. For the reason of both possible fraud, as well as respect for the deceased, I do not believe developers can legally transfer an accounts character to another.

Make sure that your friend left the account or character in their last will, or if there wasn't one consider asking their relatives if you can gain access to the account.

To stop such disrespectful trolling of this thread, I will lock it, but I fully encourage you to email cryptic about this issue if you wish to pursue it further.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

This discussion has been closed.