test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/26/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Anniversary
  • Extended the Anniversary event to 10/2/2018.
​​

Comments

• That... doesn't seem like something that should take +6 hours for a maintenance...
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    And servers are up!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    That... doesn't seem like something that should take +6 hours for a maintenance...

The long maintenances are occurring for all Cryptic titles, they are not specific to champs.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Are maintenance schedules changing in general? I notice 10/2 is a Tuesday/
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Are maintenance schedules changing in general? I notice 10/2 is a Tuesday/

No, we will eventually go back to the regular Thursday maintenances.​​
    Speaking of problems with Mechanon, two bugs which it would be good to fix if they aren't already and not announced:
    1. Much like Kigatilik's dogs used to, Mega-Destroids and Mechanon can spawn extremely large numbers of orbs, occasionally turning invisible as a result.
    2. If you have Destroyer's Plans active and defeat a destroid that qualifies for that mission while in the OM teamup, it spawns one core per per person with the mission on each person with the mission (and generally completes the mission with a single spawn; if enough people have the mission it can trigger crashes and disconnects.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Eido fix?
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    If there was something adjusted for destroyer, it would be listed here.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Eido fix?

Eido will never be fixed. If he will, it'll probably in the next two years. Maybe even further.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Is Witchcraft sticking around for the extended duration, as well?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    She was there this morning.

As a side note. It would be clever to put information about the extended event on the News part of the web site. Even wiser would be to specify when, exactly, on Tuesday, Oct. 2, the event will end. E.g. 8:00 a.m. Server Time. There are always people caught up short because they think that ending on a specific day means ending at 11:59:59 p.m.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Eido fix?

What needs to be fixed?

All the fixing Eido needs is for the devs to add his stupid doom chair into the loot table and then you'd have a lot of people interested in participating again, regardless of difficulty.

As it is right now, the rewards Eido offers are complete hot vendor trash and not worth anyone's time.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    As it is right now, the rewards Eido offers are complete hot vendor trash and not worth anyone's time.

Then why do people complain that he's too hard to beat? o3o I don't complain that the dumpster down the street is too hard to open.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Then why do people complain that he's too hard to beat?
    Different people complaining, though making him easier to beat would mean people would be more likely to tolerate the rewards being pretty meh.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Eido wasn't so mission impossible before.
    Many veteran players left, powers got changed, but Eido became more hard to do with those several geysers / orbs / portals happening at the same time.
    I don't mind if we can do this but we can't even get enough people to unlock now. But it won't even start now.

I wish at least for the timer remove.
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I wish at least for the timer remove.

Gotta agree on this one. It's not as if Eido staying up for 8 hours will increase the chances of the run succeeding, in fact, past 30 minutes the chance of raid succeeding drops to less than 10%​​
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Power Revamps When?
    de0.gif
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."