test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/13/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Anniversary
Mega Destroids are Invading the Champions HQ this week! Drifter has a daily mission for completing the open mission.
  • The Anniversary host has a new set of goodies to claim this week.
  • Millennium City's Zone cap has been reduced to 50 for the remainder of the event.
  • Added Royal Scepter and Bucketbot costumes to the event store.
  • Added Razzle Dazzle costume transformation to the store.
  • Vehicles are featured in the weekly store this week.
  • Added several perks for using the Party Bomb device found in the Anniversary Gifts.
  • The DJ, Robot, Cheer, Shake Hips and Airguitar dance emotes are now rewarded in various Party Bomb related perks.
  • Updated the rewards on the Destroid Invasion open mission so that the Backup! devices drop a little more frequently. Also added costumes and costume transformations introduced this year to the event store as possible drops.

Questionite
  • Added Rockstar costume transformation to the store.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where rank 1 of Meltdown was using the wrong animation.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    200.gif
    Is server up?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Wow this is a long server downtime. Every time I check it keeps getting pushed back. At this rate I might as well delay my dailies till tomorrow.

Also nothing about cats like faster respawns or fixing cats that can't be checked? I swore at least 144 hours has past for checking some cats in Westside but I was unable to do so yesterday.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    Hi kaizerin in your next patch efforts will you please take a look and sentinel mastery it is no longer working on most stuns in the game, just mental storm and 1 or two others.

Maybe they actually did read the 'bug report(s)' i wrote and are trying to make the silly mastery less overpowered / less apply face to keyboard style. And that's something we should be thankful for!
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Uuuuuuggggh.... normally update days are done by like 11 am my time so I have a couple hours to play before work. Now It's literally been pushed back to 4:30 pm, right when I have to leave for work... why you do dis T^T
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    says it will end at 1pm, then it changes to 2:30pm. I guess server will be up at 3pm(or later).
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    says it will end at 1pm, then it changes to 2:30pm. I guess server will be up at 3pm(or later).

It was originally going to be 5 hours, got pushed back to 6 hours before the patch even started, then got pushed back by 1 hour, then another, then another 90 minutes. Now due to end after 9.5 hours (in 30 minutes time) This after 5 hours for a server restart 2 days ago (when patches themselves are normally only 2 hours). Why the server restart couldn't wait 2 days to do it during this downtime in the first place puzzles me as well.
  • Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Anniversary

[*] Updated the rewards on the Destroid Invasion open mission so that the Backup! devices drop a little more frequently. Also added costumes and costume transformations introduced this year to the event store as possible drops.

I wish temporary Backup! devices were just a one-time, 1 minute use and that reusable ones lasted 30 seconds. Is that too much to ask? The short duration and derp AI often makes them pointless to cast outside of Witchcraft (she uses Aura of Ebon Destruction so she's useful even if she just stands there).
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    melphyx2 wrote: »
    goodies/stuff of this week seem good/great. But many ppl want enjoy endgame too. Its about Eidolon. I hope he get fixed one day.

Yes. Eidolon must be fixed, or some adjustment should be done as soon as possible. We are just wasting over an hour for each run failing.
    My motivations are going down to continue the game day by day...
  • Options
    warburton1warburton1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    well they just rolled it back again...now 3pm PT.
  • Options
    erudite232323erudite232323 Posts: 1 Arc User
    STO and Neverwinter in extended maintenance too. Some at Cryptic broke something good.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    server up
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Hi kaizerin in your next patch efforts will you please take a look and sentinel mastery it is no longer working on most stuns in the game, just mental storm and 1 or two others.

Maybe they actually did read the 'bug report(s)' i wrote and are trying to make the silly mastery less overpowered / less apply face to keyboard style. And that's something we should be thankful for!

If they are adjusting the Sentinel Mastery away from working with Stuns and/ or certain control effects to bring it back down to where they think it should be used, then this needs to be announced and tested.

Until official confirmation...it's probably better to treat it as a bug.
  • Options

If they are adjusting the Sentinel Mastery away from working with Stuns and/ or certain control effects to bring it back down to where they think it should be used, then this needs to be announced and tested.

There's nothing wrong with Sentinel mastery. Tested it against Cosmics/Mobs/Dummies/Player and it just applies fine. Stun/Paralyze/Sleep etc.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

There's nothing wrong with Sentinel mastery. Tested it against Cosmics/Mobs/Dummies/Player and it just applies fine. Stun/Paralyze/Sleep etc.

Then I guess that guy was mistaken! :astonished:
  • Options
    rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Bug

The Royal Scepter weapon skin says its for Marital Arts Melee Weapons and Heavy Weapons. However when I checked on a character who has both of those weapon skin options, Royal Scepter did not show up for Heavy Weapons.
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Kinetic's Grav-Bike is not on the vendor this week.

Was that by design or an oversight?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Then I guess that guy was mistaken! :astonished:

Yeah he was mistaken, it was working with everything on my CCer just like usual u3u​​
  • Options
    I'm just putting it out there...

Where's our personal magnifier? TwT
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    We don't want to release the personal mags without *lots* of testing, as they can cause a lot of problems if there's a way for them to be visible to other players. We haven't had much time to test them with the Anniversary underway and future events coming up.​​
  • Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    We don't want to release the personal mags without *lots* of testing, as they can cause a lot of problems if there's a way for them to be visible to other players. We haven't had much time to test them with the Anniversary underway and future events coming up.​​

Ah, dang... There goes the Colossal fight with Mega Ds/Mechanon. Hopefully they'll be released when Clarence comes. Maybe the players with PTS access can help with the testing. Just need some info on what is needed.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Just need some info on what is needed.

Go around doing dumb stuff

>Go into Rad Rumble with Personal Magnifier On
    >Go around doing stuff with Personal Magnifier On and Giant Growth Adv/Mini Drive Recip Gizmo/Experimental Life Injection
    >Do the above but also use Gas Pellets/Strafing Run
    >Change Instances rapidly while alternating between personal magnifier and normal magnifier
    >Get the Teleios growth potion and see how it works with the magnifier
    >Get become devices and see if they work with personal magnifier
    >Test magnifier with Mega Destroid and King of Edom transformation
    >Test magnifier with different specs/skills/advs (for example stuff that puts you into "combat" like Lightning Reflexes and an OV nearby)
    >Die/Fail different missions/alerts while Magnifier is on​​
  • Options
    I tested with the Purple Personal Magnifier.

>Go into Rad Rumble with Personal Magnifier
    Can't do this since no one que Alerts in PTS.

>Go around doing stuff with Personal Magnifier On and Giant Growth Adv/Mini Drive Recip Gizmo/Experimental Life Injection
    Mini Drive Recip gizmo/Experimental Life Injection doesn't work with Personal Magnifier. However, it works with Giant Growth.

>Do the above but also use Gas Pellets/Strafing Run
    Gas Pellets causes fps drop. Nothing seems unusual with Strafing Run.

>Change Instances rapidly while alternating between personal magnifier and normal magnifier
    Nothing seems to be a problem while changing instances.

I dunno what that is...

>Get become devices and see if they work with personal magnifier
    Vehicles and Become Doomlord/Celestial/Security Process/Samurai Robot/Lemurian Power Armor/Djinn works with Personal Magnifier and Normal Magnifier(as long as you activate the mags before the Become). Become Gladiator Imperator turns off Magnifiers however.

>Test magnifier with Mega Destroid and King of Edom transformation
    Didn't bother since barely anyone do Adventure Packs

>Test magnifier with different specs/skills/advs (for example stuff that puts you into "combat" like Lightning Reflexes and an OV nearby)
    Not familiar with the others. However, 8 stacks Enrage+Purple Personal Mag will cause your toon to go invisible when Havoc Stomp is charged past 60%. The fix is to use a Become device or set a key with "/camdist 200" to make your toon appear again. When your toon is invisible, you can't interact with anything. Other Personal Mags doesn't cause the invisibility.

>Die/Fail different missions/alerts while Magnifier is on​​
    Fought some mobs in Battle Station and around MC. Personal mag seems to turn off normally every time.

This might have been stated before, but Personal Magnifiers get turned off when hit by ANY Holds.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    When testing it make sure somebody is nearby and verifying if they can see the changes or not o3o​​
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    I tested with the Purple Personal Magnifier.
    I dunno what that is...
    It's from the boss fight in the Monster Island Crisis
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    The DJ, Robot, Cheer, Shake Hips and Airguitar dance emotes are now rewarded in various Party Bomb related perks.

Found these 3 so far, (each has a perk associated with it.)
    Party Bomb a giant destroid for robot
    party bomb Sapphire for shake hips
    party bomb madbot for dj

Anyone know the other two (cheer and air guitar)
  • Options
    slimekittenslimekitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    You get airguitar for partybombing a player near the cake. Would like to know about cheer too though.