test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transformation Animation Suggestions

bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
So with the PTS getting new costume-change animations, I just have some ideas for more:
  • Melt - Like the roin'esh, you change form as a wave of sticky slime washes over you. Useful for shapeshifters and evolving biological terrors.
  • Freshen Up - In a flurry of toothbrushes, razors, soap suds, and shower water, you tidy yourself up to transition to a different costume, and emerge squeaky clean, hands on hips.
  • Assembly - Standing still, a pair of Dr. Destroyer-esque cranes drop out of the sky to weld at your body, hopefully assembling you into your new costume. For robots and powered armors seeking upgrades.
  • Uncontrolled - You double over in pain as a red glow envelops you. As you fall to your knees, you cry out and transform into your other form. Alternative to howl if you want to be edgier, or some kind of Dr. Jekkyl/Mr. Hyde dealie.
  • 'Excuse me for one second...' You look over your shoulder as you hold up a finger. Then, you dash off at insane speed, and immediately return in your other costume! Ideal if you're a speedster and want to fool civilians that you're someone else.
  • Back from the dead - A coffin falls on top of you. As you open its lid and come shambling out, you're now in your other costume.
How to block a user with μblock:
forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    For Science! - You produce a glass flask/vial as if from nowhere that contains a green fluorescent fluid and proceed to drink it. Then you are bent over and writhing in pain until you are transformed in a green acrid mist. Your final transformed state is momentarily in a hulking beast type stance before reverting to the stance chosen for the costume.

Super-Serum - You produce a syringe as if from nowhere that contains a green fluorescent fluid and proceed to inject youself in the arm. Then you are bent over and writhing in pain and become larger (a growth stack or two) while at the same time as becoming larger, you transform . Your final transformed state has hands on hips.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    MG, that first one i think we already have that both those animations in game too, just have to combine them.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Love these (especially ‘Melt”!). :+1:
    The animations are excellent, but going forward I’d also like to see some transformations that are more FX-focused/exclusive; i.e for shifting while in motion.

•Power Form:
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    (Something like this, paired with the Power-Up emote, maybe...?)
  • Collect Call - A phone booth appears behind you, your character walks in for a second then emerges in a new outfit and does the 'fists on hips' pose while the booth vanishes.

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Shadow/Light/Custom Burst - Pretty straightforward and simple. You explode in a burst of Shadow/Light/Customizable color and transform into your new attire.

Tag team- Your "2nd Costume" runs from the side of the screen and tags your "current costume" out. I know, sounds complicated to implement, but still throwing it here

Possesion- A ghostly, slightly larger version of your 2nd Costume descends on you while you writhe in agony, turning into your 2nd costume in a flash of light.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Flame on! - Your character gets surrounded on a burst of flames, emerging on his new outfit when flames dissipate

Solidify- Your character gets trapped inside a frozen tomb, which shatters revealing your character on it's new outfit

Circle of Costume Change (Weapon required)- Your character draws it's weapon, spins it around forming a circle changing to it's 2nd costume on a flash of light. Something like this motion:

tumblr_n6u8o4Ct2a1qzkdnwo2_250.gif
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Kaboom - You initiate a self-destruct sequence, exploding into your new costume. This could re-purpose the FX from the Splosions action figure.
    jv6MJPW.gif
    be a fun teleport too
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Here's a couple of my own:

Rise From The Pit- Your character vanishes to explode from the ground in their new costume. Maybe variants of this to rise from a lava puddle for fire, a shard of rock juts from the ground before exploding revealing your character for earth, and maybe a black lava puddle and ghostly specters for dark supernatural.

High Gale- A cyclone whirls around you, obscuring your character. Then it fades to reveal your new costume.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I Have the Poooooooowaaah!! - You raise your weapon high and it is enveloped in energy which then spreads to your whole body, you are then transformed in a blinding flash.

p4eYBf9.gif

Lightning Bolt! - A lightning bolt comes from the sky, strikes you and transforms you in a blinding flash. Bonus points for an arms out stance.

CjP4fxy.gif

Energy Rings - Two energy rings appear in the middle of your body and then seperate. One goes up, the other down, revealing your new costume

WPrWivU.gif

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Shadow/Light/Custom Burst - Pretty straightforward and simple. You explode in a burst of Shadow/Light/Customizable color and transform into your new attire.

Tag team- Your "2nd Costume" runs from the side of the screen and tags your "current costume" out. I know, sounds complicated to implement, but still throwing it here

Possesion- A ghostly, slightly larger version of your 2nd Costume descends on you while you writhe in agony, turning into your 2nd costume in a flash of light.

I totally wanted to list a costume change that just treats your costumes as different people, but again, duplicating/exchanging a player model sounds super complicated.

More silly ideas:

Face Wipe - You raise your palm over your head, and then lower it over your body with a quick motion. After you do this, you're suddenly in your other costume.

img]Pull Off - You pull off your current outfit as it falls to the ground in (costume color) tatters, revealing your other costume below it.

FCrthQQ.png

Wardrobe Malfunction - Same as Pull Off, but also appends an extra animation where the character looks embarrased and covers up.

Drop-In - Your other costume drops in from above, and you step inside it. Optimal for power armors.
    If costume copies can't be created, have the animation create a cloud of dust as a tech crate falls from above, then opens to reveal the new costume.

Hell and Back Again - You're dragged underground by zombie hands, then crawl back from the ground in your alternate costume. Alternative transformation for undead characters, or demon characters.

Morph (light) - Weird proof of concept, your current costume's proportions tween into those of your other costume as you glow and power up. In a flash of light, your costume then transfers over to the new one.

Morph (dark) - Similar to the other, your costume's proportions tween into those of the other, but instead your character model darkens as you double over. In a roar, your costume then fully changes.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    One that came to my mind was inspired by Captain Planet. (skip to 0:45)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyOMYC6mlsY
    Se how he does the energy ring thingy? It's like: FWOOSH new costume!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Ryoko-s-transformation-kill-la-kill-35921750-245-177.gif

practically anything being engulfed by flames or an entity(dragon/phoenix maybe?)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Stripper pants!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inrp8quWFQ
    ...except, you know, preferably with a costume underneath :)

(BTW, video is totally SFW! I wouldn't do that to you.)
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Iceman and firestar from Spiderman and his amazing friends.
    ....if we got a stripper breakaway pant transform I would take these items more serious
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You know what happens to people when you shoot them with the Fun Cannon? Make a transform animation where you get knocked over with a big cloud of glitter, and when you stand back up you're wearing the new costume o3o call it... Fun Transformation...​​
    MMMMMMM this might be... not feasible, but something where you disappear into a genie lamp and then come back out in your new costume. Even if it's just you > puff of smoke > genie lamp sitting there > puff of smoke > new you, that would be cool.​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    bea3037974aedbdfdf7ae32fb9551913.gifVl9i.gif
    And not literally becoming a meachadino or Tony Stank the Inevitable Irondude. But techbased transformations where the armor costume pieces kind of pop-in/slide-in places one by one.
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    bea3037974aedbdfdf7ae32fb9551913.gif
    Puny dino-bot!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90m9gyGpU_g
    Tidalwave SMASH!

Yes, really, it's a Transformer whose vehicle mode is an AIRCRAFT CARRIER.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Hulk Out Transformation
    Basically the breakout animation but more dynamic and flexing like
    tumblr_p554jhibTl1x26wwuo3_400.gif
    Or
    dcE3NX.gif
    (disregard the last few secs)

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • themakerofherosthemakerofheros Posts: 4 Arc User
    Biological: Your character gets encased in a cocoon and then burst out in alternate costume. Good for insect/bio-engineer themes.
    Explode Transformation: Your character flexes and looks like they're super constipated, and then there is a big explosion, and when the smoke clears there you are in your new outfit.​​
  • superwavessuperwaves Posts: 34 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    bea3037974aedbdfdf7ae32fb9551913.gif
    Puny dino-bot!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90m9gyGpU_g
    Tidalwave SMASH!

Yes, really, it's a Transformer whose vehicle mode is an AIRCRAFT CARRIER.

Everyone is puny because he is a planet :o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs

That is it chief, that is the one. I grew up on transformers I would flip if they added this. I like all the current emotes they gave us especially "Takeoff" because it looks like a hero switch since they will not give us custom sidekicks
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    latest?cb=20170930153700
    Skye-Cocoon.gif
    giphy.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Orbital Cannon Transformation. Basically Orbital Cannon hits you, and when it ends there you are in your fancy new duds.​​
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    Censored Transformation

Basically a large black square with the word "Censored" appears on your characters, clothes fly away and when the black square dissappears you have a new outfit on.

Also censorship bars for costume pieces (eyes, chest and waist)
    Discreet Censored Transformation

Black bars only appear over your nips and your groin. Same for all genders.​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    giphy.gif
    or the rip cloths off
    edited December 2018
    The wacky ones
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif