test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blades, Bullets, Blood and Bile

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Builds and Roles
Trying to craft something that uses a mix of bleeds and poison. Wondering if this would work OK.

Bloodline 2 Any / Multiple
v3.11:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 18: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 21: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
Level 8: Relentless
Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Pounce
Level 17: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Aggression, Extra Bullets)
Level 20: Curse (Covet)
Level 23: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Massacre (Rank 2, Open Wound)
Level 32: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 38: Imbue
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Setup (2/2)
Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
Post edited by jaazaniah1 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    It can work as is, though SMG is Piercing dmg and won't be directly boosted by Pestilence. Curse also doesn't bleed here, and doesn't have a poison to interact with (its still okay for a main-target stun and heal proc, though it'll be a bit costly for that).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    I was looking at something similar to this, but with chain powers to apply the bleed/poison and some blade powers for maintain/rupture. Still feels squishy and I can't tell if the multiple types of the damage ticks are doing as much compared to my more singularly focused poison and bleed toons.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I just wanted SMG in order to apply some bleeds at range, as an opening strike. Then Follow with Curse for the stun and then hack everything else to pieces. That's for mobs where I doubt I'll need significant boosts from pestilence. For bosses it's Reapers Caress + Massacre + Vorpal Blade. Mainly wanted an excuse to play with Massacre (don't have any alts using this) and see how the bleeds work in combination with Pestilence. Also want to avoid the Rupture mechanic for this one.

Not wed to Curse. If there's another useful power that could fit this kind of build I would be happy to entertain it. I couldn't find anything that applies both a bleed and poison. Does such exist? Re: Curse, wont't Pestilence boost its toxic damage?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited September 2018
    Two quick things you could do, unless they break concept:

1) Instead of SMG you could use Throwing Blades from Gadgeteering with the Aggression advantage to apply Bleeds from Range (and easy taps in melee to apply bleeds with it too). This counts as slashing damage, which dovetails with Pestilence better than SMG.

2) If you are using claw attacks with Massacre, you could replace Reaper's Caress combo with Frenzy in Supernatural - it has an advantage that let's you apply Poison as well as bleeds (though it works better at stacking said conditions with Enrage as a form) and stack up both afflictions, which Pestilence obviously boosts. There's also the added bonus that with poison applied, Curse can stun secondary targets too.

A few things you could change, provided they don't break concept, to more effectively utilize Pestilence:

1) Use Throwing Blades from Gadgeteering in place of SMG. With the Aggression advantage, it allows easy application of bleed from range (and in melee with just taps too) while offering Slashing damage that dovetails with Pestilence.

2) If you like the idea of the claw attack from Massacre, you could replace the Reaper's Caress combo with the Frenzy combo from Supernatural. It has an advantage that let's you apply both a bleed and a poison (though it stacks more efficiently with Enrage and unfortunately doesn't offer Shredded debuff). Pestilence really boosts poison damage. Conversely, if you feel like Throwing Blades is stacking bleed well in melee with taps, you could use Viper's Fangs from MA framework, which innately applies Shredded and can apply Poison with the Spitting Cobra advantage.

3) Once you have poison status on mobs, Curse will start stunning secondary targets as well. You can add Corrosion to Curse to refresh poison status on mobs or Needles to get bleeds on mobs right away if it's your initial attack - wasn't sure how important the restoration advantage was for you.
    Yea, Frenzy can apply both bleed and poison (though not Shredded), as could Bite, though Frenzy works better w/ AotB instead of FotS as the toggle. VFangs has a Poison adv and innately applies Shredded, though you'd have to build bleeds in other ways.

Curse could use the bleed adv, though its still not applying poison by itself. I guess it depends on what extra utility you want in the build, and what type of attack rotation you're looking for (which I'm not quite clear on yet- I guess via Setup you wanted to do an alternating rotation w/ the combo and Massacre?).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Why can't there be a power that applies shredded, bleed and poison all at once :) ? I think will stay with RC for shredded.

I'd forgotten the advantage on Throwing Blades. I'll have to play around and see which I like best.

For this build I am thinking of poison as just at bit more damage via DoT. Maybe Will o the Wisp instead of curse? Stunning mobs is nice, but they most of them aren't really much of a threat that a stun is necessary.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Well, the Wisp is versatile w/ its advs, though its Debilitating Poison won't really benefit any Slashing attacks here. I guess you could get the CFlames + Fear adv for another DoT, though its still minor dmg for a decent chunk of energy, and won't proc FotS. Maybe just get Vile Lariat w/ the Viral and HoT advs? A tap of it can then build some poison in the background, it'll heal you a bit, and its relatively cheap to tap (so it not working w/ the toggle is less of an issue).

Also, you prob took the wrong special adv for Massacre. Open Wound is good for rupture builds to help build bleeds faster, but if you're alternating between RC and Massacre w/ Setup then you don't need Massacre to also build bleeds that you aren't rupturing anyways.
    Hah! I'd forgotten about the advs on Venomous Breath. Those work nicely as a follow up to an opening Throwing Blade attack. Even against a boss it's quite possible to keep 5 bleeds going and 3-5 poisons while still keeping up shredded and spamming Massacre. Got to pay attention and lots of clicks, but a fun challenge. Since she is a Demon-Vampire-Human hybrid spitting locusts is perfect.

Bloodline 4 Any / Multiple
    v3.11:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Relentless
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Cut Down
    Level 17: Throwing Blades (Rank 2, Aggression)
    Level 20: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Imbue
    Level 29: Massacre (Rank 2, Bloody Mess)
    Level 32: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Venomous Breath (Paralytic Bile, Infectious Bile, Locust Breath)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Eh, I don't think trying to stack poisons on bosses is really worth weaving in Venom Breath for, since its single target-dps will be very low compared to Massacre's here. Venom Breath is pretty nice for the AoE CC, though.