test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unpleasant Surprises

eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Champions Online Discussion
When did the orbs stop stacking duration? I ran over 3 red ones expecting to get 1m 30s of increased damage, but it only refreshed to 30s. Why on earth would that get changed? The buffs from these things weren't particularly significant to begin with, but they did last a while if you got 3 or 4 of them. Now only the greens & blues (health & energy orbs) seem to really be useful. Still, the reds & yellows weren't that much of a buff so far as I could tell, so now I just have actual incentive to ignore them more often.

And now for a really nasty surprise. I'm a silver player, and I ended up with more than one account. I have a hideout on my primary account, and I like it a lot. (Only negative is it's a moonbase and not a penthouse, so no warp to Millenium City--but since the zones aren't that big it's not that big of a deal.) Well, I bought three freeform slots for my second account and had zen left over b/c of the zen bonus active at the time. I thought that I might as well get a hideout, they're so useful for storage & trading things b/t multiple characters, so why not? Unfortunately, this hideout came with only 20 storage slots, much less than the first one, which I found really disappointing. Now I can't store too much, though all the other perks of having a hideout are of course still there. But storage was one of the things I wanted the most. I had zen left over, so I bought some more slots, but I still don't have what I got the first time. As I said, disappointing.

Edit: Some people have told me below I may be wrong about the initial number of hideout bank slots. I acknowledge what they're saying, it is possible I'm just remembering wrong.
Post edited by eviltwintwo on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I don't recall a time that the dropped glowies did anything but refresh the timer.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • When did the orbs stop stacking duration? I ran over 3 red ones expecting to get 1m 30s of increased damage, but it only refreshed to 30s. Why on earth would that get changed? The buffs from these things weren't particularly significant to begin with, but they did last a while if you got 3 or 4 of them. Now only the greens & blues (health & energy orbs) seem to really be useful. Still, the reds & yellows weren't that much of a buff so far as I could tell, so now I just have actual incentive to ignore them more often.

I believe in 2017 Kaiserin said they stopped the stacking of orb buffs. Now you can just refresh the 30 seconds. The only way to improve the duration is to get the Booster temp power.
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    I don't always see the changes, I didn't notice the orb thing until recently. I still don't think that issue is too big, since you do well without them when they don't drop. The greens and blues are still nice at times, though.
    edited September 2018
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't recall a time that the dropped glowies did anything but refresh the timer.

Oh, yeah, I would occasionally get 2m 30s out of a bunch, though that was rare. The most common time you see a bunch of orbs pop up is when you attack multiple Lemurian eggs on Monster Island (or whereever), other than that it did happen but not very often.
  • jonsills wrote: »

Oh, yeah, I would occasionally get 2m 30s out of a bunch, though that was rare. The most common time you see a bunch of orbs pop up is when you attack multiple Lemurian eggs on Monster Island (or whereever), other than that it did happen but not very often.

I remember farming Angels In the final Mission of Vibora Bay Apoc. I'd have hours of buffs after hitting 5k perks.
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    I've had hideouts ever since they were launched, and back then I was a regular suscriber. I don't remember them ever coming with more than 20 slots. Are you sure you didn't purchase any more slots for your other account?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Now that we aren't getting dozens of orbs out of fighting Kiga's dogs, massive stacking isn't very common, and in any case I'm pressed to really care. Red and Yellow buffs just aren't that big, and Green isn't a buff.
    dreadjaws2 wrote: »
    I've had hideouts ever since they were launched, and back then I was a regular suscriber. I don't remember them ever coming with more than 20 slots. Are you sure you didn't purchase any more slots for your other account?

Really? I don't know, it's possible I'm not remembering right, I've only ever had 2 hideouts. I was fairly sure there were more, I don't remember buying that many for my moonbase, though I have bought some at least twice.
    edited September 2018
    Now that we aren't getting dozens of orbs out of fighting Kiga's dogs, massive stacking isn't very common, and in any case I'm pressed to really care. Red and Yellow buffs just aren't that big, and Green isn't a buff.

I didn't say greens were a buff. I specifically mentioned the time limit on reds and yellows having changed. And I also said they weren't that significant, especially if they last only 30s. Don't know why you're repeating what I said.