test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Targeting "teammates" in Open Missions

Is there an easier way to target fellow players in Open Missions other than clicking on their portraits? (Other players in Open Missions apparently don't count as "teammates" for purposes of keybinds F2 through F6.) I'm trying out a healer build and it's frustrating not to be able to target my "teammates" in Alerts with the keyboard.

Comments

• thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    In open missions, there’s an arrow icon that appears next to team, click that and you get a pop up window of all the players and their health.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sundevil3 wrote: »
    Is there an easier way to target fellow players in Open Missions other than clicking on their portraits?
    If you have assist target on attack (options/controls) set, you can target an enemy and automatically heal whoever they are attacking. Other than that, no.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    you can set a keybind to cycle allies. This is left blank by default, I like to set it to `. (it's the key to the left of 1 and above tab)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Hmm, what's the key bind?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    You could probably use a manual bind command. I just set it in the options menu.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I just looked and the setting is labeled "Target next friend"
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • sundevil3sundevil3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Thank you for the information. I would have preferred some way to target allies directly (like F2-F6 for formed teams), but cycling through allies using a keyboard key is still better that having to click their portraits with the mouse. I always seem to be using the mouse for something just when I need to heal somebody, or I lose track of the mouse pointer for a second just when I need to heal somebody. Using the keyboard--even if I have to cycle through allies--is bound to be faster. I'll give it a try tonight.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    In open missions, there’s an arrow icon that appears next to team, click that and you get a pop up window of all the players and their health.

You can expand this window with your mouse to show everyone in the open mission team-up.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    trouble is the popup window is now opache and blocks most of your screen.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!