test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180823.1 - Anniversary Event

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Anniversary
  • Added new perks for throwing water balloons and opening gifts.
  • Added a new perk category for anniversary perks as the events category was getting crowded.
  • Added glitter cat tail, glitter cat ears and glitter slanted mask costumes as possible drop from Anniversary Gifts.
  • Added Glitterbomb costume transformation to the store.
  • Players can no longer get tons of points for spamming emotes at Sapphire's Concert open mission. The amount that can be obtained now has a cooldown after using an emote.

Save Reggie's Friends!
Martha Reece and Reggie need your help! Many of Reggie's friends are stuck in trees around Millennium City and need some help getting down!
You can Find Reggie and Martha nearby the Anniversary host for a new Anniversary daily mission.
There are quite a few new perks related to this mission! In particular doing this mission 3 times each week of the Anniversary will give you a different Cat action figure for each week!

Known issues: The cats sometimes appear to be floating, this will be corrected next patch.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the real courrier in take you to their leader mission could stray off of their path.
  • Added pinstripe 2 textures to tight pants, bellbottoms, and vest basic closed.
  • Depleted Uranium Cores can no longer be sold to vendors for resources.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    It would be neat if Reggie's friends all amassed into a huge amoeba-like blob of cats that we had to confront. X damage would split off a cat that would need to be caught in a carrier.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    It would be neat if Reggie's friends all amassed into a huge amoeba-like blob of cats that we had to confront. X damage would split off a cat that would need to be caught in a carrier.

A whole kitten kaboodle?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User

so basically Legion/Granfalloon from Castlevania??
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Feels like there's cat-themed pied piper villain coming to CO. Or someone just placed catnip on trees.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I am hopeful that this year will introduce something in addition to saving the cats. I'm aware of the great demand for cat AFs, but I'd love a new combat mission/giant whatever to fight.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @roughbearmattach whatcha think this is? A super hero game!?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Upcoming Event Boss: Martha REEEEEce, the Kittymancer!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!!!!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So is Martha Reece being restored to the tutorial? Only ancient players have much reason to know who she is.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Bug
    RenCen
    One of Reggie's bits of NPC dialogue is an empty null. This seems to be in both speech bubble for when you're standing near him and in the quest chain.

----

Separately, Patagruel has a point. Some of us will get who she is but a lot of newer players may not. I just don't know how much can be done in a one week time crunch.
    I am hopeful that this year will introduce something in addition to saving the cats. I'm aware of the great demand for cat AFs, but I'd love a new combat mission/giant whatever to fight.

Perhaps the Destroids will get something new this year since that + the Mechanon intervention are what the main battle usually is.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    If players do some leveling up to around 20 in MC they might stumble on the Martha and Reggie mission OWM. Since that mission is an ambush set up by Mind Inc. the obvious and logical conclusion is that this mass of cats being stuck up in trees is part of some plot by Mind to divert heroes into near pointless, but time-consuming, activities which will prevent them from becoming aware of Mind's true master plan. Of course, this will lead up to a new fight involving Psimon, Medusa, etc. (it would be clever if Kevin Poe showed up to assist heroes against his enemies in Mind), and will, of course, be linked to the Telepathy revamp. Well, at least it could be this, with a little forethought and planning.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    \

wut.

ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Depleted Uranium Cores can no longer be sold to vendors for resources.
    \

wut.

No reason to sell them to vendors for a measly amount when you can sell them to other players for 5KG+

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2018

https://gyazo.com/0a2a0ec63a0485dee0f84bfc1fa14169

Tried to embed the pic, couldn't get it to work. :/
    Depleted Uranium Cores can no longer be sold to vendors for resources.
    \

wut.
    That's usually done to prevent people accidentally losing extremely valuable items.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2018

FC.31.20180823.3 Small Update
    • FIxed a bug where the cats sometimes were flying.
    • Added in various cat action figures to the debugger store.
    • Restored the Cat-astrophe quest in the tutorial.
    ​​
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Restored the Cat-astrophe quest in the tutorial.
    ​​
    Yay!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Some minor bugs, seen from browsing the items in the PH:
    - It seems like the Parkour mod is boosting dodge chance, but the tooltip instead states that it boosts resistance to Crushing dmg.
    - The wrong preview image is being used for Anniversary Sparkly Mask 03, the wrong thumbnail image for Anniversary Glitter Cat Tail, and the wrong preview & thumbnail image for Anniversary Glitter Cat Ears.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Could there be a way for us to re-visit the MC Crisis / tutorial?

Would be really nice especially with some perks not completing first time...
  • kaizerin wrote: »

while nice for new characters, this is useless for existing ones....so how about a way to replay the tutorial like we've been asking for years?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Minor note with cat-astrophe: Martha Reece is a bit hidden, they might have moved some map elements slightly since she was in the tutorial. The mission, oddly enough, has a help dialog already linked up, but no VO (not that I expect that to change).
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

while nice for new characters, this is useless for existing ones....so how about a way to replay the tutorial like we've been asking for years?​​

Currently offering TeamTeleporting to Tutorial for a measly 500Gs a pop. Call 'Your Friendly Tutorial Teleporter'.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It's restricted last time I checked, and you can't teleport in, or out.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User

^This plz! Missed this with my very first toon and would really, really, REALLY like them to have it! I thought maybe it'd come to the perk/title exchange guy though.
    \

wut.

No reason to sell them to vendors for a measly amount when you can sell them to other players for 5KG+

You misunderstood my "wut" lol. It's that Kaiserin did something with a DUC and knows it exists. I was hoping a change would be to make it a mod 3 and drop each time like the Red Banner mod change.

Also... it could be SOLD?!!! Was more what that wut was for.

While we're at it - can you put text on white and purple rocks hint they're valuable and have them where they cant be sold?
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    That "wut" sure stood for a lot.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Bug: Perk: Make A Wish!
    Ren Center Birthday Cake
    When your character climbs to blow the ninth candle, it's not counting toward the perk and not granting it
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Can we have the cat hunt mission work like the Foxbat hunt mission. Target cat. Rescue cat. I have found quite a few cats that no matter where I stand/float(fly) I cannot rescue the cat.

The ability to target cat then rescue it will make the mission completable.
This discussion has been closed.