test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Create your own sidekick! =D

Here is an idea that came to my mind. I'm not sure if it could be done. It probably won't! But if someone can walk into a Hollywood movie studio meeting and say, "Hay!" "Lets make a film with a tornado full of sharks!" Then why should I be afraid to throw my idea out there?

Here is my idea! If you can create your own Nemesis in Champions Online, then why can't you create your own sidekick? Like, Come on now! Wouln't it be cool if you can call upon your own customized sidekick to help you on a mission when needed? Within game rule limits of course. You can choose what they look like, choose what powers they can have (also within game rule limits) and give them their own backstory and so on! Tell me what you think! I think it would be a wonderful addition to the game because.... well... Why not? What is Batman without Robin? What is Captain America without Bucky? Plus it adds to your heroes personality and customization! Oh, and if the development team reads this and I hope they do. If they decide to go through with this idea .... Your Welcome! :)

Sincerly

StarBlaster80!

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    It's easier to produce shitty (and kind of enjoyable) Hollywood movies than it's creating content to CO.
    And we even have basics for a such system ingame allready, the Nemesis Creator/System.
    I believe dev team is well aware, that playerbase would like to have somekind of Sidekick creator. Since this has been brought up like 16 times past 10 years. Just making it happen isn't that easy.
    And we should be bringing suggestions such this, since who knows....**** happens.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    If you could just choose one of your own characters as a sidekick that'd be fantastic and it would sell character slots like crazy. ...which reminds me of how I used to do this but I won't say anything about how I use to do this because I probably shouldn't have been doing what I was doing, but damn it was the best of times, despite the repetitive stress injury running tens of dozens of Help a Citizen Missions a day caused.

Then they made Alerts out of those missions and ...boop there you go, instant sidekick with any low level character.

In the meantime, go team some noobs.
  • Options
    hebruixehebruixe Posts: 28 Arc User
    This would be totally and completely awesome! I hope it happens!
  • Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    It is not difficult to do, it has more to do with money. It is easier for them to generate sidekicks with what seems like our randomized toon tool. If they go this route, they are deeming the current sidekicks as obsolete. Unless they use an option similar to the one Spin suggested in 1 of the 1,000 of these discussions. This is what makes me believe it is all about the monies, this is probably one of the easier suggestions along with elemental melee and fixing Nemesis.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It is not difficult to do, it has more to do with money. It is easier for them to generate sidekicks with what seems like our randomized toon tool. If they go this route, they are deeming the current sidekicks as obsolete. Unless they use an option similar to the one Spin suggested in 1 of the 1,000 of these discussions. This is what makes me believe it is all about the monies, this is probably one of the easier suggestions along with elemental melee and fixing Nemesis.
    well, They could make it cost zen to take a sidekick and make them customizable. Also, they probably won't let us customize powers. custom costumes would be nice though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters