test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How To Know You Are Doing Something Wrong At Cosmics in 3 Easy Steps (and how to fix it!)

2»

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Gravity Driver, Catastrophic Pummeling and Showdown are all good Ultimates for checks, but they are not easy to use since they require timing and optimization.

THUS, I left them out of my easy fixes \o/

I would think that using Gravity Driver during DPS checks would be wanted though since it applies a 20% defense debuff to the target(s) hit for 12 seconds. Meaning everyone does more damage.

Only thing I wonder is does that debuff stack if multiple people use it?

Overpower stacks 3 times.

The thing with Gravity Driver is that is has a long charge up. If you are good at identifying patterns and can start charging up Gravity Driver as soon as the Check animation starts, then it's great.

If you start too late Gravity Driver will end up going off mid through the check reducing the useful time of the debuff, and the activation time delay will also impact how much extra DPS you can do during said check.

The guide is mostly oriented for new/inexperienced players, and for them Whirling Dragon Strike will be much easier to use till they get experienced enough.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Except it is a choice many would have made prior to the changes in subs for this game. Some folks like playing melee toons only for various reasons.

If they love melee so much then the melee mosh pit clearly isn't an issue for them. I don't see a problem here. Hell, they probably have enough experience with the mosh pit that they dps while standing on people's heads, like I sometimes do. Hell, they're probably better at it than I am.
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    With that said some of the advice in this thread can definitely help anyone, regardless of whether they have a ranged or melee toon. Which I thought was the point of the thread.

My advice is that if there are too many melee, jump on people's heads and dps there. o3o​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    mosh pit melee should be trade marked.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    My advice is that if there are too many melee, jump on people's heads and dps there. o3o​​
    This totally works! It looks funny, but it works.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    A good player running a Hybrid is better than a bad player running DPS.
    That's mostly the empty set, though. A good player is very unlikely to be running a hybrid in any situation where dps checks are relevant (sometimes at Kigatilik you have unneeded tanks, and they may stand to the side, using hybrid role because more dps and less likely to steal aggro from MT, but Kigatilik has no meaningful dps checks).

I run a hybrid build which works out especially well against Kiga as I can basically ignore the storms because of the defensive passive and still do a reasonable amount of damage.

Um... have you seen all those other people running melee or ranged DPS that are also ignoring the storms? There is no reason to sub-optimalize your dps to avoid storm death. You can totally build an offensive role with offensive passive that can ignore storms.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Um... have you seen all those other people running melee or ranged DPS that are also ignoring the storms? There is no reason to sub-optimalize your dps to avoid storm death. You can totally build an offensive role with offensive passive that can ignore storms.
    To be fair, that depends heavily on support. I mean, most of the time I can run dps at Kiga on a squishy AT with no self-healing (most recently, a Squall) because there's enough healing present, but if healing is light I might have to block, use consumables, or even retreat from the fight completely during stage 3. Really, only sentinel mastery setups, healers, and regen builds are capable of handling stage 3 unaided, because you're taking a couple hundred dps of irresistible damage.
    Yeah, never underestimate the power of multi-stacked AoE heals. Sure 100 HpS from a rune might seem weak, but when you have several on top of each other? gets a bit more interesting.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Life Essence (no damage, mobile, AoE by default, requires Poison for full heal effect though)
    Mind Drain ( does damage, mobile, AoE by adv., requires Dependancy for full heal effect which is a buff you should have as a healer)
    ​​

Excuse me. I was considering changing [Life Essence] to [Mind Drain] with adv. on my healer build (cause of visual reason) but I couldn't found any power able to apply Dependancy effect in Teleathy power sets. Am I looking in wrong place? @a@
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Excuse me. I was considering changing [Life Essence] to [Mind Drain] with adv. on my healer build (cause of visual reason) but I couldn't found any power able to apply Dependancy effect in Teleathy power sets. Am I looking in wrong place? @a@
    Mental leech applies it, though with a delay.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I never have problems with the storms, but I always put con secondary on my chars, and make sure that they have between 10.1k and 11k hp, so that they're much more sturdy, so ape fireballs don't kill me; can block baby breath and live, block 3 blown destroyer greens and survive, etc.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    I have to agree with using Con. My main fire DPS has Con, and while I just reshuffled a bit less Con for more Ego... I would not ditch Con on him. 9k was a nice safe spot. I may have to work him back up a bit.

It's fun to go all-damage stats but 5k HP or so (absent AoPM) just leaves characters a bit less sturdy than ideal to me.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    Life Essence (no damage, mobile, AoE by default, requires Poison for full heal effect though)
    Mind Drain ( does damage, mobile, AoE by adv., requires Dependancy for full heal effect which is a buff you should have as a healer)
    ​​

If you are okay with Telekinesis, TK Barrage has Instill Doubt, which gives Dependency. I plan on using it when I unlock Mind Drain on at least one character.
    This is somewhat advanced, but last night we made do with what is generally considered a sub-optimal CC setup. IE we had a CCer who just didn't have the ability to hit all three hearts fast enough. So instead, the CCer slept Courage and Fortitude, and the DPS killed Tenacity. For round 1... Round2 was more... interesting. We started to do that again, but the tanks was in the wrong spot so we switched to killing Courage instead of Tenacity. Then the tank moved to the right spot, so we went back to killing Tenacity. Then another CCer showed up and we had to coordinate which CCer did what.

Why is this important? Well, we spent a LOT of time discussing things in zone chat. It was the sort of things where if you don't pay attention to zone you won't know what the current plan is.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Mental leech applies it, though with a delay.

When they "fixed" Wardicator, I retconned my Wardicator CCer and ended up taking Mental Leech. I gotta say, it rocks. As a Mentalist, she does have Mind Drain, so that's nice. But, just by applying Dependency, it makes her so able to handle the storms when CCing Kiga. Also, her non-CCing score jumped surprisingly. I also ended up taking it on my Sentinel Tank. Good stuff.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Been there, done that.

Crowd surfing the melee mosh pit is totally legit.