test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CCM - Champions Costume Manager

norway174norway174 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Costumes and Concepts

Hey,

I got tired of how there where no easy way to manage all of my hundreds of costumes.
So I created a simple tool for managing my costumes. As well as to share them.

Features

Multiple folders

Using this flexible system, you can add as many folder as you like. And copy & move folders freely between them. One or multiple at a time.
This includes both the Public Test, and Live folders. As well as your own folders for easy managing. Sorta like categories if you choose to.

Export & Import Costumes

Powered by Paste.ee.

You can upload your costumes, receive a short code. Which you can share with your friends, post online. Share with anyone, anywhere.
They can then copy that code, and import it into their CCM. And save your costume in any of their folders.

Easy overview over all your costumes (with pictures.)

Large simple list with icons for each costume. As well as a larger picture-box for even greater details.
Check the screenshots at the bottom for an example.

Move, Copy & Delete

Powerful and flexible tools to move and copy your costumes between folders. With an advanced GUI to move or copy to several folders at once.
As well a delete option that will permanently delete your costume. (Use with cautions. There is no way to undo this.)

The program is fully open-source. Both for your convenience, and safety.

There's also a easy download, no install, exe you can find on the release page right here if you don't want to go trough the hassle yourself.

I will also usually go into each detail about each new release on the release page. So it is suggested you go there for the newest stable release, and check back often as I have not yet implemented an auto-update feature. Which I do plan on adding soon.

Issue Tracker

If you find any bugs, issues, or otherwise any inconvinience. Please post to my Issue Tracker here.

And please include what you where trying to do, and the error log it produced.

I can not guarantee I will be able to get to every issue posted here on these forums. Which is why I'd prefer to use the Issue tracker on Github, as it would provide me with much more easy overview of any issues that might arise.
Though, I will try and respond as much as I can here as well.

And I'd greatly appreciate any feedback, both positive or negative in order to improve CCM. And truly make it an all-around useful tool. Which I'm hoping will improve the lives of many costume creators.

Changelog

• v 0.1.0.0: Initial Alpha release. No longer in beta.

Come say hi to me on Discord

I have my own Discord channel right here; https://discord.gg/0ezsIiL0TBBTQMkD (Edit: Updated link to a working one.)
If anyone has any questions, or would just like to say hi. Feel free to stop by. I'd love to have a chat.

Though, I will try and respond here, on GitHub. And on Reddit.

Thank you for your time in checking out CCM. And I'm hoping you'll like what you see.

This thread is still a WIP, and I will improve it further whenever I can. Thank you!

Pictures

Post edited by norway174 on

Comments

• norway174norway174 Posts: 9 Arc User
    @melphyx2 Thanks, much appreciated!

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Nice work :)​​
    @kaizerin Thank you. Much appreciated.

-----
    I've been updating the thread. Hopefully it looks a bit nicer now. As well as added an unofficial logo.
    Hope it's alright if I've borrowed some Champions images/logos for the art work. If not, I'll take it down, and see about making a new one. Which probably won't look half as a good. :p

In other news, I've been working on the next version. And I'll hopefully be having it out soon.
    I'll update the main thread with the new release, and a changelog when the times comes.

• therealbahamuttherealbahamut Posts: 21 Arc User
    As a longtime player, I have to show some respect for this effort. This feels like the kind of functionality that needs to be integrated into the base game; that's how much I would value it. The current costume manager is--let's be honest with ourselves--woefully unsophisticated and sinfully clunky at the moment; an upgrade of this nature would be well-received across the entire playerbase, mark my words.
    @therealbahamut Thank you. And I agree, something like this should already be in included. The whole load/save costumes functionality is a really essential feature when you don't have enough costume slots.

And it can easily become a huge mess, if you have several characters, and tons of costumes.

Though, I have to be honest. I've sort lost interest in continuing to develop this. Other games, and this didn't receive as well as I hoped.

Not giving up, just taking a bit longer than anticipated. Also, working on another project I'm not quite ready to talk about just yet.

And I'm still trying to figure out how to properly rename costume files. It's such a mess right now. :#

Anyway, if you have any feedback, or ideas you'd like to see implemented. I'd appreciate hearing it.

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    After looking over the program for a few minutes, I see how this is very handy. I hope it expands, I can't believe I didn't know about it until now! Yes, a renaming tool would be great so I don't need both this and CoRT, but being able to sort through costume files is something I didn't know I needed until now.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    I would like this if we can do in browser such like Hero Creator.
    @xrazamax Still got plans for this in works. Still trying to figure out how the renaming tool does it. :P

@monaahiru Unfortunately, there is no way for your browser to modify and change/move/copy/paste & deletes files on your local harddrive without a dedicated program for it.