test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Disciple -- Level 35 Choice

eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
Which is considered the better choice at level 35, Telekinetic Maelstrom or Telekinetic Eruption?

Maelstrom gives you a momentary stun (with the Disciple's damage, that's fairly significant in a lot of situations), though it won't work on tougher mobs. Thinking maybe Rank 2 + Inner Peace for the maintenance heal.

Eruption would be more of a tap than a charge to me, b/c a melee knocking things out of melee range doesn't seem right in a lot of cases. However, also has Inner Peace, and Enhanced Form, which buffs resistance a bit; combined with Id Mastery & Telekinetic Shield + Telekinetic Reinforcement, you end up with a fair amount of resistance.

Is one of these options considered better than the other, generally speaking?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Depends what you value more: the wide CC/stun on trash from Maelstrom (and the small burst dmg from charging it), or the more defensive/buff oriented route from tapping Eruption? They both can be useful, but for somewhat diff reasons.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I would always take TK Malestrom personally. Eruption is neat, but stuns are generally more reliable than knocks. Also, don't forget that tapping TK Maelstrom instantly gives you 1 stack of Ego Leech for every target hit, which leads to some pretty gnarly burst potential. Ego Blade Annihilation > TK Maelstrom > Ego Blade Annihilation = you definitely just killed one big thing or two medium things.​​
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I would always take TK Malestrom personally. Eruption is neat, but stuns are generally more reliable than knocks. Also, don't forget that tapping TK Maelstrom instantly gives you 1 stack of Ego Leech for every target hit, which leads to some pretty gnarly burst potential. Ego Blade Annihilation > TK Maelstrom > Ego Blade Annihilation = you definitely just killed one big thing or two medium things.​​

Yeah, I did say I didn't want a knock as a melee character, and knocks don't work half the time anyway (at least not for players, for mobs they're a little too reliable at times). I've tested both of them in the PowerHouse v. Viper team size 5; both seem to do the job well enough. That per-target ego leech may actually end up being the selling point for me; EL is quite useful for a Disciple AT, as everyone knows. :)