test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eido Requirements Need To Go

omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
edited August 2018 in Suggestions Box
Since my old topic is bugged or whatever, making a new one.

The 50 Eido defeat perk is pretty much unattainable right now. Basically the costume pieces are locked behind a paywall, except there's no paying your way around the wall. Not very fair to those that have yet to get those victories. Go on and keep the perk, just get rid of that perk being a requirement to buy stuff from the GCR store.

#NoMoreEidoRequirements

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You really think incessantly spamming this is going to get you what you want?

Also isn't topic duplication against forum rules?​​
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Maybe without reason but I do have a reason; my old topic is bugged and won't go back to the top.
    Well all right then, go ahead and keep bumping this if it'll make you feel better.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Eidolon should NOT be abandomed and really needs to be fixed PERIOD

On the other thread people compared it with OSV Update, this has nothing to do with that pathetic psedo gimmicky feature, don't even compare it, OSV was a mess
    1. The whole game builds up for Dr.Destroyer and Shadow Destroyer
    2. The current TRUE Endgame Boss with it's own special Zone
    3. Rewards locked behind perks (i only need 12 more kills but the Orbs bugs happened)
    4. Eidolon is still part of the Cosmic Dailies

Abandoning the Endgame Boss after hyping it up is a really unprofessional and bad videogame design and considering CO currently has 4 cosmics its not clever abandoming them

If anything DEVs times and Resources need to be focused on fixing the Eidolon bugs, its damn shame going all the way designing such a good Final Boss only for 1-2 bugs to ruin for how many months now?

You can't just have that ignorant attitude of "You were too late for the party"​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Eido has been beaten in his current state. He may not be abandoned, and in fact may be considered "complete".

"You were too late for the party" isn't an attitude, it's a simple fact. There was a very long stretch of time where Eido was being downed consistently. Some people were too busy shaking their heads and saying "Not for me!" to participate. Those people will simply have to wait patiently to see if the devs plan to change anything about Eido again. They may or they may not, but removal of the requirements for getting his specific rewards is not going to be one of those changes.​​
    edited August 2018
    Take in consideration that Timezones also exist and affect the endgame organization, I have stayed up until 6:00 in the morning a lot of times to caught eidolon runs and I have the unhealthy tendency to play CO for 12-15 hours
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Eido has been beaten in his current state. He may not be abandoned, and in fact may be considered "complete".
    Please Elaborate when was the specific date the Eidolon had been defeated since the unintended Increased resitance of Green Orbs (along with the red orbs which wasn't really an issue alone)
    I know that was an attempted last month but it ended up in failure due to the bugs​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    The bugs have raised Eido's challenge into just plain insensible levels. I have no problems with him being hard, but when -ALL- the phases can be active at once; Cryptic, we have a problem. Just because it's possible to win in rare instances doesn't mean that it's a good thing.

As far as the whole "You were too late" thing, the general impression about the cosmics was that they were going to be a permanent fixture in the game, there wasn't a timetable of some sort of deadline. Everyone thought "Oh, I can always attend some other time." Then we got WHOOP! PRICE HIKE! then WHOOP! BUGS IN THE MECHANICS! MORE BUGS IN THE MECHANICS! AND EVEN -MORE- BUGS IN THE MECHANICS!

If the player was notified of even just the price hike in requirements, then yeah, more people would've been into the cosmics a little harder, but that's not how it went. Is it so bad to want some compensation for what's been months after months of mistakes?
    edited August 2018
    avianos wrote: »
    Please Elaborate when was the specific date

I didn't write it down, my bad o3o
    As far as the whole "You were too late" thing, the general impression about the cosmics was that they were going to be a permanent fixture in the game, there wasn't a timetable of some sort of deadline.

Eido is still in the game. He is a permanent fixture. Him being too easy is what there was a timeline on. Even if they do change him, don't expect him to become much easier. For some reason I get the feeling the devs actually like the way he is now. It might make them grin big shark toothed grins.​​
    edited August 2018
    Bash is a permanent fixture in the game too. Look at the state that's in. Eido's well on it's way there too.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    We beat him twice since the range disparity was corrected. But in order to beat him, it demands that all of the best, of the best, of the BEST DPSers be there, with no dead weight; and most of those players aren't playing him atm, either because they already got all his loots, or because dead weights make it infinitely more difficult now; let alone playing CO at all lately, because all of the other games are popping out tons of new content recently that's keeping them occupied.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited August 2018
    So basically, all the people who still want the rewards need to put in the work to become the best, of the best, of the BEST DPSers. Or, if they're not willing to do that, simply forego the rewards and do some other content. I guess this is the downside of being one of those people that just sits around and waits for the elites to set things up.​​
    edited August 2018
    Hey remember when we had EIDOLON Fridays/Weekends?
    Whatever happened to that?
    it was the perfect period for everyone to know that YES WE ARE FIGHTING EIDOLON
    So basically, all the people who still want the rewards need to put in the work to become the best, of the best, of the BEST DPSers. Or, if they're not willing to do that, simply forego the rewards and do some other content. I guess this is the downside of being one of those people that just sits around and waits for the elites to set things up.
    Oh please, i already became "Elite" years ago (for the displeasure of some people here) and my DPS who is focused on the PERK is devasting with MAX endgame gear and Cores :grimace:
    I have the skills to pay the bills​​
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Im no Elite *max cri*
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    I have the skills to pay the bills

But can you organize the runs to rub the buns? o3o​​
    edited August 2018
    But can you organize the runs to rub the buns? o3o
    No because I LACK the Social skills of a leader​​
    But can you organize the runs to rub the buns? o3o
    No because I LACK the Social skills of a leader

Well then u3u​​
    Still holding on to the belief that these dumb requirements need to go if the Cosmic themselves aren't going to be fixed.
    edited August 2018
    If you want this to take off you need a catchy chant. Like "Hell no, reqs wont go!" ...wait that's the opposite of what you want. How about "Requirements go down! Also less clowns!", two birds with one stone eh?​​
    #NoMoreEidoRequirements

=)
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    #NoMoreEidoRequirements

=)

If they don't intend to fix him any time soon, then yeah I agree.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    So basically, all the people who still want the rewards need to put in the work to become the best, of the best, of the BEST DPSers. Or, if they're not willing to do that, simply forego the rewards and do some other content. I guess this is the downside of being one of those people that just sits around and waits for the elites to set things up.​​

I figured endgame content, being in CO and all, was for everyone to be able to participate and have fun at their leisure. Not exactly sure when or why it's become this thrift-shop horrible-attempt-at-WoW type of deal. Can there even BE elite or "best of the best" in this game? where you can literally rock level 6 gear to 40? I'd say this is the equivalent of someone being a tryhard in a game like Lego Marvel Heroes and trying to master 'combos' that are only 1 button
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Can there even BE elite or "best of the best" in this game? where you can literally rock level 6 gear to 40? I'd say this is the equivalent of someone being a tryhard in a game like Lego Marvel Heroes and trying to master 'combos' that are only 1 button

Well if there isn't anything like that, then fulfilling the requirements this thread is talking about should be easy cheesy breezy! Problem solved \o/​​
    Can there even BE elite or "best of the best" in this game? where you can literally rock level 6 gear to 40? I'd say this is the equivalent of someone being a tryhard in a game like Lego Marvel Heroes and trying to master 'combos' that are only 1 button

Well if there isn't anything like that, then fulfilling the requirements this thread is talking about should be easy cheesy breezy! Problem solved \o/​​

Ehhh I've got even MORE questions now. Like the analysis of gear/multiple test when overall, there's no challenge(Eido's pretty decent challenge but is bugged atm, even if people are doing the usual lazy man's way out and calling it a "feature") in CO for that. It's like people who buy a coloring book then look at the images and create this non-existant depth as if they were at an art museum in LA. Or, people who over-analyze rotations/powers as if this is WoW when it really doesn't matter because of agnostic difficulty leveling up/endgame is still very lenient. But, that's for another thread.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    But, that's for another thread.

No I think it's fine for this thread. See those people aren't saying the game is difficult when they do that. It's not a case of "I need to do this to beat content". In fact, that's looking at it completely backwards. When you're talking about these people you're talking about people who can beat the content with an Inferno that's not wearing any gear. When these people min/max their toons they're doing it for one of two reasons: Carrying other people to ensure that large group content is successful, or seeing how fast they can farm something. Sure, you don't need to min/max to successfully run TA, but for those of us who could do it in our sleep it's no longer a question of "can we do it", it is now "how fast can we do it". While others are still struggling with just reliably completing TA, we're trying to push our run times down into the teens.

Now with Eido, it actually requires people who do this as a baseline. There's no carrying anymore, everyone has to perform, and there's no more giggling about how fast we did it and how easy it was. This is the kind of content those top players needed as something to actually test them, something the rest of the population can't even approach yet. The main issue is that they underestimated us and Eido spent quite a bit of time being too easy and was already sliding into farm status, and so the players it was meant for ended up getting the rewards too easily. So as it stands, Eido now remains as a long term goal for most people. Some people want instant gratification - content comes out, beat the content same day. Well, Eido is currently the one and only piece of content in the game that doesn't give that, and I think that's okay. After all, it seems like everyone complaining about him doesn't like his costume pieces anyway.​​
    But, that's for another thread.

No I think it's fine for this thread. See those people aren't saying the game is difficult when they do that. It's not a case of "I need to do this to beat content". In fact, that's looking at it completely backwards. When you're talking about these people you're talking about people who can beat the content with an Inferno that's not wearing any gear. When these people min/max their toons they're doing it for one of two reasons: Carrying other people to ensure that large group content is successful, or seeing how fast they can farm something. Sure, you don't need to min/max to successfully run TA, but for those of us who could do it in our sleep it's no longer a question of "can we do it", it is now "how fast can we do it". While others are still struggling with just reliably completing TA, we're trying to push our run times down into the teens.

Now with Eido, it actually requires people who do this as a baseline. There's no carrying anymore, everyone has to perform, and there's no more giggling about how fast we did it and how easy it was. This is the kind of content those top players needed as something to actually test them, something the rest of the population can't even approach yet. The main issue is that they underestimated us and Eido spent quite a bit of time being too easy and was already sliding into farm status, and so the players it was meant for ended up getting the rewards too easily. So as it stands, Eido now remains as a long term goal for most people. Some people want instant gratification - content comes out, beat the content same day. Well, Eido is currently the one and only piece of content in the game that doesn't give that, and I think that's okay. After all, it seems like everyone complaining about him doesn't like his costume pieces anyway.​​

I see. I generally fit into CO overall is a bad joke with no punch-line level of easy, minus Eido. But I never min/max in CO because I felt it was just pointless with the amount of time I'd have to dedicate to this game. But, this actually helped me at least be able to understand the other side of the fence a bit.

42 40s, LTSer.
    It's as simple as Cryptic screwed up their content. One of two things can be done to fix it, get Eido back to not piling his attacks or get rid of the purchase requirements. Afterall, they've been on a kick for fixing things that have not been working as intended.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they did keep the 50 victory perk requirement if Eido WAS working as intended. When he was I had convinced myself that I could get the perk. IIRC, I'm actually at 29/50. However, since it seems like they're sitting on their hands with fixing Eido himself, nixing the requirements is the next logical solution. Because leaving him as is, is not an option.

Also, are my topics somehow being flagged to not get bumped back to the top of the list?
    edited August 2018
    One of two things can be done to fix it, get Eido back to not piling his attacks or get rid of the purchase requirements.

Actually there is a third option, and that is to add more rewards to Eido. Once you do that, it's quite possible the elites will suddenly find him very interesting again, and will renew their crusade of trying to help the population at large improve.

Getting rid of the purchase requirements solves nothing in regards to the content itself, and since he has been beaten in his current state ( an there are quite a few of us who think he's actually more fun now with the more unpredictable red orb situation and piling on of different attacks ) it means he doesn't really need to be changed, they just need to get the players who can do him motivated to go back to him.

If anything would need to be mechanically changed at Eido it's the green orb resistance, which is actually the one thing that is the most demanding at the fight, however I'm not sure it would be a very large adjustment. The unpredictable red orbs and geysers are actually something that people on the upper end of the skill curve have already adjusted to, so that could be left in place.

It's possible that they're actually okay with letting Eido lay fallow for a bit before eventually doing something to get people to come back to him. Or perhaps an alternate source for DUC mods is coming sometime in the near future, and the green orb resistance might no longer be such a big deal...​​