test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More comfortable cosmics for farm.

Lot of ppl in top gears, and with already done daily cosmics, going there for just show up, with no reward. Ofc they fill zones and those ppl who need it, can't enter.
To make it more comfortable, i'd like to ask GM to make zones with alive cosmics, locked for ppl who alrdy capped. For they no more interrupt farm for people who need it, with their score show up.
Thanx.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    To make it more comfortable, i'd like to ask GM to make zones with alive cosmics, locked for ppl who alrdy capped. For they no more interrupt farm for people who need it, with their score show up.

You don't know what you're asking for. Trust me when I say, you wouldn't like the results.​​
  • lunamariahouklunamariahouk Posts: 8 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    you wouldn't like the results.​​

Trust me. Zones full of ppl, 3/4 of which ones are capped and just showing up, with interrupt other ppl farm... Everything. Everything but this, i'll like much more.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User

You don't know what you're asking for. Trust me when I say, you wouldn't like the results.

Yeah, the issue I see with it is that you'd be limiting cosmic runs to be primarily for the bottom line. Given that they are the bottom line (and I mean no offense when I speak here), you run into major performance issues when it comes to putting out enough DPS, getting a sturdy tank, good healing, even a capable CCer. More often than not, not reaching the minimum will put people off so much that they stop altogether, thus killing Cosmics entirely. We already avoid using capped characters in cosmics by swapping to alternative characters anyway, so there's no real reason to lock a zone out because someone is capped. I don't see it as a problem that needs addressing.

Besides, if you simply participate and meet the minimum score, you get a shot at all of the rewards possible. If you cut out the hard hitters that contribute the most to complete the run, you may never win and walk away with nothing but frustration. I'm not sure what masochist would opt for option 2.

I would like more zones open though, for everyone.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    To make it more comfortable, i'd like to ask GM to make zones with alive cosmics, locked for ppl who alrdy capped.
    How would you even detect this? Check the defeat perk counts, anyone with 10 (or 50, or whatever) kill perks is disallowed?

Likely result of this: every cosmic fails, for hours on end. The people who know how to make cosmics succeed are veterans, and gear matters too.
    And still. With zone lock by fill. if there are ppl around who need those cosmics, and they ask those capped ppl to free some space, they're ignored. Coz showing up are more important. And it must be fixed.
    If a cosmic zone fills up and a new zone pops, the people in the new zone are perfectly free to set up their own cosmic attempt in the new zone.
    edited August 2018
    If a cosmic zone fills up and a new zone pops, the people in the new zone are perfectly free to set up their own cosmic attempt in the new zone.

And in fact, it's the big bad capped veterans I often see switching to the new zone to help get it up and running. I've seen Panta here swap to the fresh zone on his CCer quite a few times and start it up. Hilariously, that new zone will then sometimes finish first.

@op: if you wanna make sure you get a spot at cosmics, show up early. The people who actually need the rewards generally do that.​​

And in fact, it's the big bad capped veterans I often see switching to the new zone to help get it up and running. I've seen Panta here swap to the fresh zone on his CCer quite a few times and start it up. Hilariously, that new zone will then sometimes finish first.

@op: if you wanna make sure you get a spot at cosmics, show up early. The people who actually need the rewards generally do that.​​

Yea. And then those ppl who no need reward anymore, quickly run into next one, until you getting reward. And poof. You can't enter that zone anymore.
    Now see here's the thing. I've been running these cosmics since they came out. I have many characters that have full GCR sets, heck I have some toons that have more than one. I still need GCR. I need it for costumes, mods to rank up, and devices. Everyone else showing up needs GCR for something as well. People don't just show up for the joy of snatching your potential spot away from you, they show up because they need GCR so they can buy something off the vendor. You're not special, get over yourself.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Right, it's the elitists fault. Elitists are ruining cosmics for everyone.

Specially those elititsts offtanks that don't even get credit on Teleiosaurus. Damn those elitists!​​
    Why would elitists be running cosmics with everyone else? Isn't the point that elitists only run with elite players? Elitists would only run TA so they can exclude everyone else o3o​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    I ain't elitist by any means (don't take Foxi and I's team up name too seriously) I play just for fun and I think this idea is not a good one. What would be nice and solve all the problems would be Mega D in every area. Seriously cram Mega D into areas like the desert and so on. He is basically a freaking sentinel and those guys can turn up anywhere.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'll be all up for this just to see some really REALLY long cosmic runs because the zone is full of peeps who want to be carried and don't want to give their spot for a necessary role to enter(e.g. Tank, CCer). :)

Not elitist btw. But noticed how annoyingly often this happens.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    And elites came here to say bad stuff about this suggestion coz it will stop their show off. They don't care about it interrupt cosmic farm. Making it much longer for others. They just want continue show off. And don't care about others.
    Expected.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    And still. With zone lock by fill. if there are ppl around who need those cosmics, and they ask those capped ppl to free some space, they're ignored. Coz showing up are more important. And it must be fixed.

You do know that when a zone fills up, another one pops open with a fresh Cosmic, right? And the additional zone always gets done, too.

Also, if you don't want to get locked out, just get there early.

Also, tons of capped people showing up at Cosmics is not a thing. Doesn't happen. It is 2 or 3, at most. Usually it is none. If someone is already capped, there is no reason to do Cosmics. If someone who is capped is at a cosmic, it is usually because they are filling a needed role niche.

#ProTip: If you hear a bunch of people whining about being capped, it is because they are joking around. So, that may be throwing you off and making you think more capped people are there than really are.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    edited August 2018
    If i care about it only. Which is never happen.
    Btw. Ppl like that is soo sucks.

Well there's your problem right there.
    If someone who is capped is at a cosmic, it is usually because they are filling a needed role niche.

And I will add to this if that person sees someone say "Oh hey, I will fill that role" then they will switch quicker than a clam on a rollercoaster, cause they're not interested in wasting their time on a cosmic that won't get them anything. Problem is, people just don't volunteer to fill the roll sometimes, so the alternative is standing around staring at each other and picking corn out our butts.​​
    Well, and here comes another part.
    Zone full. But there are no CC/MT/Healer there. So group can't start. Needed roles stuck in other zone. And in current zone, there are some veterans, capped a few Kigas ago, but they don't want to leave, and free spot for character group need. They just sit and wait when somebody who need this cosmic, will leave. And they will keep showing up.
    Poof?
    And in current zone, there are some veterans, capped a few Kigas ago
    Poof?

This is a fairy tale. This does not happen, you're making it up, this entire problem you're talking about exists in your imagination.​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Also, they said if they were going to do this, then the timers would be increased to 8-9 hours, is that what you want?
    [NbK]XStorm
    And in current zone, there are some veterans, capped a few Kigas ago
    Poof?

This is a fairy tale. This does not happen, you're making it up, this entire problem you're talking about exists in your imagination.​​

This is happening. I saw it by my own eyes. Many times. Sometimes that capped guys even start to say rude stuff to ppl who asks em to free space for CC, for example. Coz they care about their own show off only. Nothing else.

And 1 more. Im in top-3 pretty many times. I can overdamage Dino's DPS check alone with 4 of my characters. But i never go into cosmic zone with capped characters. Coz i understand.

Just, you're too selfish. And that's a point. You want only ppl see you score and say something like, how good you are. I have a bad news for you. You're nothing.
    Just, you're too selfish. And that's a point. You want only ppl see you score and say something like, how good you are. I have a bad news for you. You're nothing.

I'm going to start running cosmics on capped toons just to spite you.​​
    Zone full. But there are no CC/MT/Healer there. So group can't start. Needed roles stuck in other zone. And in current zone, there are some veterans, capped a few Kigas ago, but they don't want to leave, and free spot for character group need. They just sit and wait when somebody who need this cosmic, will leave. And they will keep showing up.
    Poof?
    Well, the needed roles are usually veterans, so your plan is to make it so they cannot get in regardless of the zone being full?

I'm going to start running cosmics on capped toons just to spite you.​​

Ye ye, i belive. I understood who are you. No need to explain more.
    Poof?
    Well, the needed roles are usually veterans, so your plan is to make it so they cannot get in regardless of the zone being full?

If it only be truth. Those showing up guys go DPS mostly. Sometimes tank. And never CC. Or BT. Coz they want score. It's oly thing they care about. If you disagreed, then explain one simple thing. Why 3-4 Kigas ago capped DPS don't want free spot for CC? Even if there are no CC in zone, and impossible to start coz this?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Because those of us that do bring the Tank/CC/heals also have dps characters. I'm not expected to only bring those roles. I have needs too.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    If it only be truth. Those showing up guys go DPS mostly. Sometimes tank. And never CC. Or BT. Coz they want score. It's oly thing they care about. If you disagreed, then explain one simple thing. Why 3-4 Kigas ago capped DPS don't want free spot for CC? Even if there are no CC in zone, and impossible to start coz this?
    How do you know it was 'capped DPS' who weren't willing to leave? Perhaps it was people more like... I don't know... you?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

You'll always encounter inconsiderate dps in cosmics. This game did seem to reward dps more than any other role back in the old days. Still a bit noticeable even now.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    How do you know that hero is capped? I have never seen this except when someone is asked to keep a tank or CC that is capped, to get a Cosmic done.

I have done cosmics since beginning and never see capped toon do another 3-4 runs. You don't get rewards when capped.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    How do you know that hero is capped? I have never seen this except when someone is asked to keep a tank or CC that is capped, to get a Cosmic done.

I have done cosmics since beginning and never see capped toon do another 3-4 runs. You don't get rewards when capped.
    Pretty sure 'capped' to him means 'already has a full set of GCR gear'.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I think it means having done 3 cosmics and getting no GCR/SCR rewards tbh
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Inspector Blockwave here, the OP has 6 posts, Melphyx and the OP types the same particuliar way, with all the evidences that I have collected, I will conclude that there are the same person ! Tatata *zelda music*

• hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Even if a character is capped you can still get Cosmic gear dropping (even if it is low) so there is an incentive to continue fighting Cosmics and there is the added fact that that some people do enjoy fighting them and aren't necessarily only there for the GCR.

To stop people bringing in capped characters by accident I would suggest devs implementing a way to let us know if we have defeated 3 Cosmics (which I'm sure has been requested thousands of times in the past). Limiting us to 3 Cosmics in a 20 hour period with no way of us knowing when that period ends can often result in people bringing a capped character by accident.

Something like an additional daily from Irwin which is "defeat 3 Cosmic enemies" (would need rewording due to Eidolon) with a small SCR/GCR reward, or even the usual 2k Questionite/5 SCR would work. If you can't get the daily, you've capped that character.
    I just thought of something. Maybe OP sees people go to more than 3 Cosmics on different characters, but they think that your account gets capped rather than the individual characters?​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Lot of ppl in top gears, and with already done daily cosmics, going there for just show up, with no reward. Ofc they fill zones and those ppl who need it, can't enter.
    Thanx.

Go away, Gigabear Jr.

[NbK]XStorm
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »

Go away, Gigabear Jr.

Or, minimally, stop going nuts on the hearts when you're at ape. It makes it take a lot longer for all of us capped players to get our no rewards.