test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things are different; Things are still the same

It was recommended to me that I try out the game again. Some of the changes I've found seem interesting, and it's cool to see that there's more going on than maintenance mode.

Virtually every character I have has to be respec'ed so it'll be fun to play with that for a while and see what all has been changed.

@kaizerin has graduated from mod to dev, gratz.

Lots of framework changes to play with, though some things are a bit headscratchy.

And I'll have to see what these new high level things are about.

Any missable changes that would be good for a returning player to know about?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Soooooo many that I don't even know where to begin o_o​​
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I suggest that you play with a few chars, as is. See what, if anything has changed on them. Of course, it will most likely be a lot. But, I feel it's best to get a little bit reacquainted with a "familiar" character. After a little of that, then you have a bit of an idea of what to change.

And, of course .... SOOO much has changed that it would be impossible to give you any real "best" advice, other than: play first, work out what you'd like to change later.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »

Soooooo many that I don't even know where to begin o_o​​

Cosmics and the QWZ. And of course a few framework changes. There ya go.

Edit: Oh yeah, subs are gone and people got a premium pack for their troubles. Not bad overall,

That about sums it up, and a few more lockboxes and costumes, as per usual.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    I suggest that you play with a few chars, as is. See what, if anything has changed on them. Of course, it will most likely be a lot. But, I feel it's best to get a little bit reacquainted with a "familiar" character. After a little of that, then you have a bit of an idea of what to change.

And, of course .... SOOO much has changed that it would be impossible to give you any real "best" advice, other than: play first, work out what you'd like to change later.​​
    Yeah, a lot of the revamps don't represent massive changes to the game.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited August 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Edit: Oh yeah, subs are gone and people got a premium pack for their troubles. Not bad overall,

Yeah that about... oh wait

A new event called High Noon.
    A new alert called Save The Earth.
    A new level 40 lair called Telios Ascendent.
    Teliosaurus, Qwyjibo and Kigatilik revamped and updated to lvl 40 endgame content.
    The Qliphotic Warzone a lvl 40 daily mission zone that also has 3 Open Missions and a new Cosmic called Shadow Eidelon.
    New endgame gear - 3 different kinds with different stats and set bonuses.
    A bunch of rewards added to every Event.
    A bunch of new powers, many of which are kinda OP.
    A bunch of new devices.
    A bunch of new costumes.
    A bunch of new vehicles.
    A bunch of bug fixes.
    Action figures.
    Goofy fun things.
    and whatever I'm forgetting.​​
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Well initial observations:

Laser sword stuff got some oomph
    Bestial stuff got a lot of oomph
    PFF is still rough
    Pets are weaker than they used to be
    Martial arts stuff seems cool (the unarmed stuff looks brutally strong)
    Recovery primary is still bad
    Nanite support passive isn't bad anymore
    Ice blast was brought in line
    PA blasts are no longer hand slot (Bug? this seems weird)
    Intelligence got nerfed from what I remember but con seems the same (really odd)
    Cool new forms
    Offensive passives still don't buff damage that much (most of the bonus seems to be from the role modifier still)

All in all I'd say net right direction from what I've noticed.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Plus ca change, plus-ce la meme chose. (Or close enough, anyway - I can't be bothered to look up the ASCII codes for the correct letters for French.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2018
    PA blasts are no longer hand slot (Bug? this seems weird)

Not a bug. Mixing PA toggles with other non-toggle powers was very buggy and riddled with exploits, so now the only PA slot powers are toggles.​​
    edited August 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Yeah that about... oh wait

A new event called High Noon.
    A new alert called Save The Earth.
    A new level 40 lair called Telios Ascendent.
    Teliosaurus, Qwyjibo and Kigatilik revamped and updated to lvl 40 endgame content.
    The Qliphotic Warzone a lvl 40 daily mission zone that also has 3 Open Missions and a new Cosmic called Shadow Eidelon.
    New endgame gear - 3 different kinds with different stats and set bonuses.
    A bunch of rewards added to every Event.
    A bunch of new powers, many of which are kinda OP.
    A bunch of new devices.
    A bunch of new costumes.
    A bunch of new vehicles.
    A bunch of bug fixes.
    Action figures.
    Goofy fun things.
    and whatever I'm forgetting.​​

A few of those I forgot, yeah. But the rest was generalized in my original post. This thread title pretty much sums up CO. Not a bad thing, could be worse.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Read up and ask around about the revamped Cosmics for the endgame content. Then be disappointed because they're bugged and glitches pop up. Especially for Shadow Destroyer, which you need 50 victories against him to buy certain things from the new Gold Champions Recognition store.
    edited August 2018
    Read up and ask around about the revamped Cosmics for the endgame content. Then be disappointed because they're bugged and glitches pop up. Especially for Shadow Destroyer, which you need 50 victories against him to buy certain things from the new Gold Champions Recognition store.

Most of them arent bugged, just Eido. What's crazy is I took a year and half break and he was broken since I believe at least half a year(I heard once a whole year) ago. Going to be taking another break soon, hopefully he'll be fixed soon too

42 40s, LTSer.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    They aren't bugged -as badly- as Eido. I've seen each of them do stuff that they weren't supposed to. So far (besides Eido of course) the worst has been Kiga taking a stroll down the mountain and Dino teleporting to the opposite side of the DPS crowd, facing us in time for her breath attack. Then there was Ape's invisible lava patches but I'll admit that I haven't encountered them for a little while now. Until all the Cosmics re fixed though, I'm going to assume that bug is still lurking around.
    Haven't seen invisible lava patches in ages. Saw the dino teleport thing once. Anyone who's super disappointed with that must be new to CO :D​​
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    A bunch of bug fixes...

And also bunch of new bugs.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    monaahiru wrote: »
    A bunch of bug fixes...

And also bunch of new bugs.
    Yeah, that's called "software engineering". :smile:

bugs_zpscd744ce2.jpg
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Haven't seen invisible lava patches in ages. Saw the dino teleport thing once. Anyone who's super disappointed with that must be new to CO :D​​
    On my last Dino run I saw Baby's head go invisible, just the head....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Haven't seen invisible lava patches in ages. Saw the dino teleport thing once. Anyone who's super disappointed with that must be new to CO :D
    On my last Dino run I saw Baby's head go invisible, just the head....

Never seen that one o3o​​