test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 8/2/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
  • Added Night Claws costume and Victory Wings Cape costume to the event store.

Nemesis
  • Added Ridge Bracers costume to the Nemesis store.

Misc
  • Made some adjustments to the male Blockbuster shoulders so they don't follow the bicep as much.
  • The Harajuku emotes can now be used by male avatars.
  • Fixed a bug where some of Swinging's landing animations were being interrupted by itself.
  • Fixed a bug where some enemies in game did not play a defeat animation, this should address the rest of the enemies in game playing the cheer animation.
  • Fixed Arc of Ruin not using full range of its area effect.
  • Adjusted the fx on ranks 2 and 3 of Shadow Flight to take up somewhat less resources.
​​

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Fixed a bug where some enemies in game did not play a defeat animation, this should address the rest of the enemies in game playing the cheer animation.

The celebration has ended \o3o/​​
  • Options
    animalgirl95animalgirl95 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Nighthawk

Misc
    • The Harajuku emotes can now be used by male avatars.
    ​​

The Celebration has just begun! !
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I'm a bit sad that the doods that go down aren't cheering anymore, it will be missed.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    You guys should totally bring the Cheering bug back for Anniversary, including fireworks and glitter effects :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    > @avianos said:
    > You guys should totally bring the Cheering bug back for Anniversary, including fireworks and glitter effects :grimace:​​

Lmao
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    I'm disappeared that none of the bugs I've reported for the NIghthawk Event were addressed, at last not mentioned in the change log. It wasn't like I did a last minute report either, but I mentioned them only days after the previous patch went Live. In particular the one where characters don't sidekick to a specific level in the alert or Franklin Stone being level 30 instead of a skull level, making lower level characters much weaker against him.

I am glad to see Arc of Ruin fixed since one of my farming characters for this event has that power. I also expect the Harajuku animations to be used a lot by male characters around this time just because they couldn't before.
  • Options
    rb74#3001 wrote: »
    I'm disappeared that none of the bugs I've reported for the NIghthawk Event were addressed,

Well, maybe that's why they weren't addressed.​​
  • Options
    Nighthawk
      Nemesis
      ​​

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrridge Brrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaacerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Sorry, had to.

ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
    • Options
      atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
      Nighthawk
        Nemesis
        ​​

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrridge Brrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaacerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Sorry, had to.

Is it powered by Ramco?
        @atlassarnosian
        Banner.png
        Playing CO since August 25, 2012
        Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
        "Don't call me lizard!"
      • Options
        ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
        edited August 2018
        Nevermind
      • Options
        spinnytop wrote: »
        I'm disappeared that none of the bugs I've reported for the NIghthawk Event were addressed,

Well, maybe that's why they weren't addressed.​​

Really? You replied just to address one little typo? How petty is that?!

Does no one seem to care that there are issues with this event even if this event isn't that popular among the player base? I would think fixing bugs related to it would help make it a bit more popular.
      • Options
        jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
        @rb74... look who were talking about here, @foxiandfriends is a known in game troll/griefer... it was only a matter of time (seeing how most of CHAMPIONS has them on iggy) until they brought their attention seeking "NOTICE ME" here... hopefully the moderators here will deal with their "forum trolling"... ANYWAYS on to your question... the SKULL is a normal lvl for event baddies, its basically for any lvl & the damage they do scales with the players lvl, BUT in a mixed lvl group fight, it may be best to get a group invite from someone & get a SK. As for the enemy NPC cheering, it will be missed, i thought it was funny that in the franklin stone fight cutscene, NIGHTHAWK appears, fighting is heard, the whole group (excluding you) was down & the enemies were cheering... the "truth" comes out atlast, lol
      • Options
        monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
        2cecd4b5732d71960317135883e64bc11514562685_large.jpg
      • Options
        edited August 2018
        The cape looks really good and would fit perfectly on my Shaman as a substitute for the GOLD reward feathered cape
        Unfortunately I'm on a period which I don't want to play CO since I overburned myself playing so Im skipping this event (especially since i HATE farming this specific event)
        Oh well
        4c5.gif​​
        POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
      • Options
        strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
        Strange. I posted and its not there anymore. Anyways, I mentioned I appreciate the bugs being fixed. Also, I was wondering why its so hard to get the Pulson RF pistol weapon skin to be moved from Munitions to Gadgeteer powers.
      • Options
        waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
        ha well it was fun the death cheering! it would be nice seeing that for the Champions online Anniversary!
      • Options
        edited August 2018
        Really? You replied just to address one little typo? How petty is that?!

Call 1-800-GRO-WFUN now to order your very own kit that you can use to grow a sense of humor! In just three short months your sense of humor will grow to full adult size and then you can shove it in your head and enjoy the benefits of having one now! Benefits like knowing when someone is telling a joke, not taking yourself too seriously, not taking games too seriously, being fun at parties, being invited to parties, not getting barked at by dogs, and you might even grow some hair in places you don't have any yet! normal-1.gif
        jeeb51 wrote: »
        it was only a matter of time (seeing how most of CHAMPIONS has them on iggy) until they brought their attention seeking "NOTICE ME" here...

I have over 13k posts and you think I just got here? o3o and I thought Joker was supposed to be smart.​​
      • Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
        ha well it was fun the death cheering! it would be nice seeing that for the Champions online Anniversary!
        Or maybe next Foxbatcon? It was SUPER funny seeing a Mega-D do it!
        ChampsWiki
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My characters
      • Options
        jeeb51 wrote: »
        @rb74... look who were talking about here, @foxiandfriends is a known in game troll/griefer... it was only a matter of time (seeing how most of CHAMPIONS has them on iggy) until they brought their attention seeking "NOTICE ME" here... hopefully the moderators here will deal with their "forum trolling"... ANYWAYS on to your question... the SKULL is a normal lvl for event baddies, its basically for any lvl & the damage they do scales with the players lvl, BUT in a mixed lvl group fight, it may be best to get a group invite from someone & get a SK. As for the enemy NPC cheering, it will be missed, i thought it was funny that in the franklin stone fight cutscene, NIGHTHAWK appears, fighting is heard, the whole group (excluding you) was down & the enemies were cheering... the "truth" comes out atlast, lol

I've been running this with level 40s like with most other events just so I can be very effective. I invited some lower levels to a team so they can sidekick up to level 40 just to have a better fighting chance against the level 30 boss. I would think they would want their events to work properly, but I guess they simply don't care that much about this one. Speaking of bugs, today I noticed more than a few alert runs where there wouldn't even be five people in the alert before it began. Actually, I don't know if that's a bug or people simply not queuing up.
      • Options
        this is not a mission i think needs to be made harder
        ChampsWiki
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My characters
      • Options
        flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
        edited August 2018
        Pictures of new pieces would allways be nice.
        In the News section atleast.

Nvm. Saw them in PTS Patch Notes thread.
        CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
        And playing by myself since Aug 2009
        Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
        tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
        Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      • Options
        jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
        Or maybe next Foxbatcon? It was SUPER funny seeing a Mega-D do it!
        Foxbatcon would be an excellent opportunity.

FWIW, I was running in Stone Labs yesterday, and while most of the defeated just lay there quietly like good mooks, one of the big guys did start celebrating being beaten. (That was on Pyretta Blaze, so maybe he just really likes literally hot readheads, I dunno...)
        "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
      • Options
        joltrabbit#1208 joltrabbit Posts: 45 Arc User
        edited August 2018
        Post - Deleted - sighs, wasn't paying attention. What I thought was a bug was just the player characters ducking after Stone's ship does the drive by. Carry on.
        Post edited by joltrabbit#1208 on
        ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
      • Options
        servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
        avianos wrote: »
        The cape looks really good and would fit perfectly on my Shaman as a substitute for the GOLD reward feathered cape
        Unfortunately I'm on a period which I don't want to play CO since I overburned myself playing so Im skipping this event (especially since i HATE farming this specific event)
        Oh well
        4c5.gif​​

You could do what I do sometimes and have a friend play using your account and instruct him/her on what to and how to farm whenever "Real Life" gets too hectic.
      • Options
        chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
        avianos wrote: »
        Oh well
        4c5.gif​​

You probably can pull off that look using Mantle for Fantasy Chestwear w/ Mane collar/neck with a vest. I use something similar on my werewolf toon's Dogz outfit.
        mfZ37eB.png
        Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
        DeviantART|FurAffinity|
        Twitter
      • Options
        edited August 2018
        You probably can pull off that look using Mantle for Fantasy Chestwear w/ Mane collar/neck with a vest. I use something similar on my werewolf toon's Dogz outfit.
        Already using Fantasy cape with fur in a lot of characters, including my shaman
        I just wanted the feathered cape for more Tribal look

Oh well, Mental Health and Stress levels are more important right now than farming for costumes
        You could do what I do sometimes and have a friend play using your account and instruct him/her on what to and how to farm whenever "Real Life" gets too hectic.
        No Thanks​​
      • Options

Another alternative is to have some kids and make them farm for you.​​
      • Options
        warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User

Another alternative is to have some kids and make them farm for you.

They better grow-up fast, cuz this game will be dead in:

a) 2 weeks
        b) 2 months
        c) 6 months
        d) 1 year
        e) 12 parsecs​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
        "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
      • Options
      • Options
        captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
        isn't a parsec a measure of distance? u3u​​

No way man, I just did the Kessel Run in under....

Oh wait. Nevermind. :p
      • Options
        isn't a parsec a measure of distance? u3u​​

funnily enough there's actually an in-universe explanation for that. Han WAS using it as a measure of distance, but the viewing audience didn't really get what he was talking about. Apparently the Kessel run went AROUND Imperial space, and the shorter the distance you used, the more likely you were to get intercepted by an Imperial patrol. Han was able to get closer than most other smugglers would dare try and Han made it.
        ChampsWiki
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My characters
      • Options
        I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the premium archetypes are listed at 500 but if I attempt to purchase one the price to buy is 1150.
      • Options
        flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
        The Victory Wings Cape loses it's "weathers" when used in Cape Glide...
        CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
        And playing by myself since Aug 2009
        Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
        tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
      • Options
        warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
        isn't a parsec a measure of distance? u3u

funnily enough there's actually an in-universe explanation for that. Han WAS using it as a measure of distance, but the viewing audience didn't really get what he was talking about. Apparently the Kessel run went AROUND Imperial space, and the shorter the distance you used, the more likely you were to get intercepted by an Imperial patrol. Han was able to get closer than most other smugglers would dare try and Han made it.

Well, now I feel foolish for trying to use it as an obviously false "time" reference. tiger-37.gif​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
        "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
      • Options
        grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
        Misc
        • Fixed a bug where some of Swinging's landing animations were being interrupted by itself.
        ​​

Maybe i do it wrong, my swinging tp landing animation seems to be exactly the same than before the patch, landing like an anvil, destroying the ground under my feet.
        Anyone succeeded to display the landing animation on live ?

Nighthawk
        • Added Night Claws costume and Victory Wings Cape costume to the event store.
        ​​

Regarding the victory wings cape costume, congrats it looks pretty cool.

It unlocks "Mantle victory wings" back piece, and "Cape victory wings" as back attachment

Would it be possible to :

- Allow the use of "Cape victory wings" back attachment as regular cape (making it compatible with other mantles, allowing a lot of combinations)

- Extend the use of "Cape victory wings" back attachment as a shoulder attachment (separate it in two parts, left and right, and allow us to select it as an attachment on shoulders costume pieces, or at least on the rare shoulder pieces that already have an attachment function, like roin esh shoulders for example).

Could be cool.