test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When is the fighting claws powerset going to get revamped?

damn2112damn2112 Posts: 6 Arc User
This powerset really needs to be looked at.

Comments

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    When? when their masters tell them to fix it, so we have to wait like everyone else, What? pretty much everything that hasn't been fully reviewed, you got ones that haven't even been revamped yet, take in to consideration like Force, Celestial, Archery, Earth, Telepathy, Gadgeteering, Might, Wind etc, along with your bias selection for Fighting Claws are also on the list with Dual Blades.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Maybe after Might revamp. We just need a Wolverine-like/Black Panther-like movie to come out for devs to get on it. Slight possibilty that it might come during Venom's movie.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Yes the Claw powerset that can deal 10k DPS by spamming one of it's skills does most absolutely certainly need to be reviewed ASAP over the likes of say:
    1. Archery
    2. Earth
    3. Gadgeteer
    4. Force
    5. Wind
    6. Celestial
    7. Telepathy
    ​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,013 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Yes the Claw powerset that can deal 10k DPS by spamming one of it's skills does most absolutely certainly need to be reviewed ASAP over the likes of say:
    1. Archery
    2. Earth
    3. Gadgeteer
    4. Force
    5. Wind
    6. Celestial
    7. Telepathy

THIS^ All those Underperforming powersets are more in Need for Revamps​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,420 Arc User
    If Claws gets a revamp it will certainly see that power nerfed a bit. Then the complaint will be that the devs should have left it alone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    If Claws gets a revamp it will certainly see that power nerfed a bit. Then the complaint will be that the devs should have left it alone.

Not sure it'll be nerfed that much. Most MA sets are pretty OP. Unarmed and SB got their revamped and they're still pretty strong.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Hopefully when they do review MA claws they either remove the innate 50% crit severity that dragons claw has or put a hard cap on critical strike. All of the crit chance % increases in specialization trees ignore diminishing returns allowing for people to run with over 60% crit chance. ((This is at least down from 80% after the Suprise Attack bug fix))
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    edited July 2018
    My Guess is they would nerf Dragon's Claws which is Overperforming to ridiculous levels (and remove the Innate RUSH buff since it's becoming a norm)
    and focus on Tiger's Bite as being the Alpha Strike attack (which is a very good power, but gets overshadowed by Dragon's Claws)
    new powers, lunge e.t.c e.t.c)

STILL I prefer underperforming powerframes to get priority, those powerframes get sadder as time pass​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I am both curious and exited to see what they do regarding tigers bite! I really love the damage on it but i really hate that it currently eats the shredded debuff.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    damn2112 wrote: »
    WHEN IS THE FIGHTING CLAWS POWERSET GOING TO GET REVAMPED?

I'm sure not even the devs know exactly when they're going to do that, but the only thing we've heard out of them is that Claws is not next.

Also it amuses me that
    lezard21 wrote: »

people assume this is being asked because of Claw's damage output and not because of the fact that it is a powerset with a bunch of powers that are some of the most underused powers in the game due to actually being completely pointless to take. Like sure, archery's dps isn't so great but it has a bunch of powers that actually do something. Claws has powers that effectively do nothing thanks to Dragon's Claw and the sheer lack of powers that do anything other than damage is probably the worst in this set.

Claws is literally a nuke, a combo, a form, a passive, and shadow strike. It is the most empty set in the game.​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 921 Arc User
    Viper fangs into tiger's bite does pretty nice damage imo. And dragon's claw is very good. Those are more viable damage routes than a good number of sets have at this point. I mean, Might pretty much just has haymaker. Even HW only really has annihilate. Pretty sure tigers bit performs better than skewer or skullcrusher.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Fighting Claws sort of got nerf buffed by all the MA improvements. It's not really that obvious but I'd be suprised if the set got buffed anymore beyond what it already is. Also, weren't there some improvements to bleeds and debuffs like shredded? I'm sure those are helping Fighting Claws indirectly as well.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Claws does have a shred refresher in Rend n Tear. It would likely see more use if Eviscerate wasn’t such a superior option.

It would be fun if the powerset got an ultimate where you dive around and AoE slash up a very large area!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    It would be fun if the powerset got an ultimate where you dive around and AoE slash up a very large area!

:+1:
    Lack of a whirling, crazy, wide-scope AoE in claws (and bestial, to an extent) has always driven me crazy.
    I say remove Butcher's Blade from Sword Cyclone, and turn it into a Claws aoe attack.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I say remove Butcher's Blade from Sword Cyclone, and turn it into a Claws aoe attack.
    ... Reskin, what you are asking is a Power reskin
    Nobody wants Butcher's Blade removed​​
    avianos wrote: »
    Nobody wants Butcher's Blade removed

So? I wasn't saying anybody wanted it, I was saying it should be done. Get your facts straight.​​
    A cone AoE like 100 hands but for stabby claws would be very nice too! Maybe give it a 2 pt adv to increase damage by 30% on shredded targets
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

So? I wasn't saying anybody wanted it, I was saying it should be done. Get your facts straight.​​

I.e you want it done, not it should be done. There's no real evident reason it should be done
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

So? I wasn't saying anybody wanted it, I was saying it should be done. Get your facts straight.

I.e you want it done, not it should be done. There's no real evident reason it should be done

You're right, avianos was wrong when he said nobody wanted it done. Thanks for pointing that out!​​
    edited August 2018
    So? I wasn't saying anybody wanted it, I was saying it should be done. Get your facts straight.
    You're right, avianos was wrong when he said nobody wanted it done. Thanks for pointing that out!
    You are exhausting​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,420 Arc User
    Oddly, two new claw costume pieces are coming out. Almost suggests that the power revamp ought to be sooner than later?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    No Im pretty sure Kai wants to move away from the MA sets for a bit so Might is probably next
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    The Night Avenger is still effected by the DR bug. I would not be surprised if MA claws was next up or at least very soon.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    This thread made me excited about playing MA claw dps again. I made a tigers bite dps build for a tiger themed hero!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    edited August 2018
    You are exhausting

Fighting reality can wear anybody down, just ask Trump Nation.​​
    edited August 2018
    Fighting reality can wear anybody down, just ask Trump Nation.
    I prefer to not waste my time with pathetic americans politics since its nothing more like a laughing stock of the internet and the rest of the world, I play videogames to escape reality not to face it

I don't want to see Butcher's Blade be gone since im a huge fan of that adv and I don't understand your desire to see it getting removed, DEVs don't usually break 1 powerframe power for the sake of another, I don't understand your logic when DEVs can just easily make a reskined power

Anyway what you asked was selfish without taking in consideration the consequences of Sword Cyclone losing Butcher's Blade
    and you are became really tiresome to deal with in forums

Good Night​​
    edited August 2018
    It wouldn't be gone, it would exist as its own power.

I understand that sometimes it can be tiresome to deal with people who have different opinions from yourself, but oh well that's life. Eat more veggies and you'll have more energy!​​
    Like talking to a Brick Wall​​