test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aquaman 2018

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Off Topic
Okay so...why does this actually look good from DC?!?!?

I wanna see it...

LINK

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Because they don't seem to have gone all grimdark with it, for a change? Oh, and they remembered that Arthur's powers extend to more than "talking with fish" - he's strong enough, and invulnerable enough, to operate freely at the bottom of the Marianas Trench without assistance, and can not merely communicate with, but command all sea life. Including sharks, whales, and giant squid. (One famed cartoon shows Aquaman rising from the ocean atop the head of Cthulhu, saying, "So, talking to fish is a 'stupid power', is it?")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Well, that's one way to make a lame comic book character suddenly seem interesting: Get someone hot to play him.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    I wasn't available for the role.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    DC has a bad track record when it comes to making movies...

Wonder Woman was pretty good tho… this reminds me somewhat of Wonder Woman...and so I am somewhat hopeful.

• first#8829 first Posts: 2 Arc User
    What game is this?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Wonder Woman was great and Shazam looks fun. So I am optimistic about this movie it also has Black Manta and he looks as psychotic as always. He is like DC's Dr Doom only with an utterly broken moral compass.
    1453525635197.jpg
    black-manta-3.jpg
    Anything with him in it becomes comedy gold in a homicidal way. Example once he thought Aquaman was dead so he went straight working in a fish market and spent a few years being a law abiding tax playing citizen. The moment he finds out Aquaman is alive he kill all his customers and burns down the market. Because reasons.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I thought it looked lame and the "humor" on par with Suicide Squad. Super uninterested in this. Shazam, on the other hand, had me laughing the entire time. That's how you make a trailer (and hopefully the movie is as good).
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So, which boots they are gonna use?

4a023d3d00000578-5480075-image-a-22_1520552500176.jpg
    Or
    shazam3.jpg

:#

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif