test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscription Cancelled .

After 500+ days of being subscribed on&off since 2009, this is the final drop that filled the bucked..

I don't support a company that uses extortion against it's player costumers, to either pay 300$, continue subscribing,
or lose all your characters and progresses you've made over the years.

I won't pay 300$ LTS for a game that is run on a skeleton dev-crew (no disrespect Kai) and that has serious bugs
dating back to Beta..

I could've paid the 130$ for the LTS during the sale... but i simply won't support a greedy company that lies
through their teeth and changes the contract against the will of the costumers at every turn to gain more money
at the expense of the costumers.

I'm not paying 30$ per Gold-FF slot to have them unlocked, that is an outrageous prices.. a charslot with the same price as a game today.
(I just bought Elite Dangerous+expansion for less)

I will miss my SG - Black Corps - most from this game, an awesome bunch of lunatic players, a family...

But Cryptic/PWE decided that wanted more money for less service..

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    "I could've paid the 130$ for the LTS during the sale... but i simply won't support a greedy company that lies
    through their teeth and changes the contract against the will of the costumers at every turn to gain more money at the expense of the costumers."

Except the contract actually states that they can change the contract when ever they felt like it regardless of if you think they shouldn't.

But, regardless, what has happened has happened and will not be reverted. And they have that item they are working on (or released? Do not remember which) that will allow a silver toon to be turned into a Free Form without being gold. I do not remember if there was a price or not released yet. Someone else most likely knows more.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Freeform slots are now 3000 Zen ($30 USD) each, or three for 6000 Zen ($60 USD). Once purchased, a Freeform slot can immediately be applied to an existing Silver toon, leaving you with one Freeform toon and one newly-emptied Silver slot. Repeat as desired.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    jonsills wrote: »
    Freeform slots are now 3000 Zen ($30 USD) each, or three for 6000 Zen ($60 USD). Once purchased, a Freeform slot can immediately be applied to an existing Silver toon, leaving you with one Freeform toon and one newly-emptied Silver slot. Repeat as desired.

Bam.
    And don't forget your free premium pack too that you got just for being subscribed to the game previously!
    You can also play for questionite to lower the prices of freeforms with Zen Conversion, or simply wait for a sale to occur!
    Other wise, have a good one.​​

Bam.
    And don't forget your free premium pack too that you got just for being subscribed to the game previously!
    You can also play for questionite to lower the prices of freeforms with Zen Conversion, or simply wait for a sale to occur!

Right...the premium pack, which is free for subscripers/ltsers (I guess for ltsers that do not have the 100 character slots unlocked? What happens for an ltser that has more than 100 slots? Do they still get the free 6 slots?) But, yeah, the premium pack gives most of the beneftis that subscriping did. And all for the one time cost of $15 (give or take). Sure, it does not give you access to gold characters, but, most other things it does give.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Premium Pack doesnt stack with LTS benefits so you dont get anything but a title and two tokens.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    extortion

I couldn't find it, so just imagine I put a gif here of two eyeballs rolling backwards down a hill at high speed.​​
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    Pretty sure any MMO company has a clause that says "these terms and services are subject to change" or something similar with which they ask us all to read and agree to before even starting the game. Yes, you are free to air your grievances and choose to stay or not, but calling it "extortion" is a tad extreme.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

It's pretty simple. I'm not paying 300$for a game with 2/3 professions bugged after 4+ years,
    and i don't support a studio that forces me to either never miss a payment, or lose all my chars.

CO has an awesome community, THE best character creation. But it's mismanaged by the owners
    and every change to the game has been for the worse - that's not an improvement.

The definition of extortion.
    the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Telling me i'll lose all my progress unless i keep paying, or pay up 300$ once , qualifies as a threat imo.
    edited July 2018
    Yes. Force or threats. Accurate.

Unpopular opinion incoming: Champions Online is a video game.​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I don't understand the protest, diggot. You're going to protest against being asked to continue subscribing or lose everything by... losing everything? Does that make sense? If you were subscribed anyway, why not stay until you're bored, and then walk away?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Well. if you are really quitting, I'd be happy to take all your R7 and above mods and any Questionite and Keys lying around.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I don't understand the protest, diggot. You're going to protest against being asked to continue subscribing or lose everything by... losing everything? Does that make sense? If you were subscribed anyway, why not stay until you're bored, and then walk away?

I'm not gonna keep giving my money to a distributor that doesn't deserve them.

Lemme guess though, you're gonna hang around the forums complaining about them for the next few years o3o​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Lemme guess though, you're gonna hang around the forums complaining about them for the next few years o3o​​
    Bingo. Also none of his stuff is going to anyone else.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

It's pretty simple. I'm not paying 300$for a game with 2/3 professions bugged after 4+ years,
    and i don't support a studio that forces me to either never miss a payment, or lose all my chars.

CO has an awesome community, THE best character creation. But it's mismanaged by the owners
    and every change to the game has been for the worse - that's not an improvement.

The definition of extortion.
    the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Telling me i'll lose all my progress unless i keep paying, or pay up 300$ once , qualifies as a threat imo.

Except, that was how it was the entire time the sub system was optional. It had always been "Subscriber or be limited." But, we will not see eye to eye on this.
    soulforger wrote: »

Except, that was how it was the entire time the sub system was optional. It had always been "Subscriber or be limited." But, we will not see eye to eye on this.

Except now.. the subsystem isn't optional anymore.. It's either keep paying or lose your gold-FF's.. or pay 300$.

Returning as Sub to access your gold-FF's was always an option.
    I thought you quit?

edited July 2018

Except now.. the subsystem isn't optional anymore.. It's either keep paying or lose your gold-FF's.. or pay 300$.

Returning as Sub to access your gold-FF's was always an option.

No, it is now "Continue subscirbing as you were or stop and have to buy things to open your characters as gold without losing things." In short, you'd be spending money regardless. For some people that play only a hand-full of characters, not subscribing is cheaper, all they would have to do is claim/buy the premium pack and than buy enough Free Form slots to cover their small number of characters. In short, they will save money in the long run by not being subscribed. But people that have lots of toons (I'm assuming you are one of them), it would be cheaper to continue subscriping...but, that is now impossible for you to do. In short, you'd be spending money regardless of the path you choose.

And I think you missed the part where people explained that you can buy a Free Form slot and apply the free form to an already existing silver toon to convert them to a free form toon.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Bam.

Wait we get free s*** for being subscribed in the past?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nothin is free! Nothin'!
    giphy.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »

Bam.

Go to the Bonus tab in the Zen Store and you should be able to claim a free premium pack, if I remember correctly.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    nique554 wrote: »

Bam.

Go to the Bonus tab in the Zen Store and you should be able to claim a free premium pack, if I remember correctly.

Yeah I checked it out. Not a bad amount of freebies.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Bam.

Unfortunately, if you are a ltser (like me), all you get is a title and the two costume tokens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Bam.
    Unfortunately, if you are a ltser (like me), all you get is a title and the two costume tokens.
    Well, you basically already have the other stuff.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Bam.
    Well, you basically already have the other stuff.

True. lol
  • milliniumxmilliniumx Posts: 9 Arc User
    I kinda agree with original poster. I have been here off and on since 2009. Played in Beta. But to take away Monthly subscriptions seems ludicrous and to charge 300 dollars for a lifetime subscription to a game that can disappear tomorrow is insane. I would pay 15 dollars a month here and there but to shell out 300 is crazy. I didnt have 40 characters. I had 1 level 40 character that I would buy retcons on and redo every now and then. Why not have that option? Im confused on the freeform slot because I have to pay to make him Silver which makes him archtype which then he loses his powers. How is this sensible? Why take away a monthly subscription unless things are not going well? Im lost on that!?