test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180708.14 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Misc
  • Fixed a bug where some sphere objects used in fx were using the wrong textures.
  • Fixed a bug where some enemy groups were still being cheerful when defeated.
  • Fixed a bug where some items in the Exclusive Costume store could not be purchased.

Powers
  • Corrected a bug with the Cleanse advantage on Reaper's Caress where it could trigger if you were using certain forms.
  • Fixed a bug where the Drag Back advantage on Eruption wasn't working.
  • Fixed a bug where Thrash's heal was not increasing based on bleed count.
  • Updated Arc of Ruin to be a sphere effect instead of a 360 degree cone.
  • Fixed a bug where the Force Collapse and Devoid advantages did not refresh the duration of Devoid if used while it was active.
  • Fixed a bug where Debilitating Poison did not count as a curse for some power interactions.
  • Fixed a bug where Holy Water's breakout damage could be dodged.
  • Flashfire Pit should now persist if the primary target is defeated.

Specializations
Surprise Attack
  • Due to some bugs with this specialization applying to targets, this power now applies a short term crit buff that applies to all of your attacks when striking a target above 90% health.
  • Lowered the critical bonus from 10% per rank to 5% because of this change.

Upper Hand
  • Removed the description mentioning Ego Leech. This was a throwback to a time when Ego Leech could be applied to targets.
  • Removed Bleed and Disorient from triggering this effect.
  • Added No Quarter, Demolish, Disintigrate and Stress as trigger conditions.
​​

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Specializations
    Surprise Attack
    • Due to some bugs with this specialization applying to targets, this power now applies a short term crit buff that applies to all of your attacks when striking a target above 90% health.
    • Lowered the critical bonus from 10% per rank to 5% because of this change.
    ​​
    That moves it from marginal to totally useless.

As far as I can tell, the intended purpose of the spec is to make it easier to one-shot healthy enemies; +10%/rank only for single target that only applies 10% of the time is dubious to begin with, it's an average of 1% per rank. The first half of your change eliminates that intended functionality, because you have to hit the target at least once to get the buff, and what's left is marginal. Halving the bonus makes it useless.

I would actually suggest changing the spec totally into a crit bonus to single target attacks while not in combat. That lets it work for being good at one-shotting healthy enemies, without being a universal benefit, and actually matches the name of the spec ("I just shot you so my next attack is a surprise" doesn't make sense...).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'll have to disagree that it makes it useless. It actually makes it much more attractive to me since now it can contribute to damage beyond the first attack. Before if your first attack didn't crit, then you likely got nothing out of the spec; now, you get more crit chance to all attacks for the duration of the buff. It looks like an improvement to me.

As far as "I just shot you so my next attack is a surprise", that's not how to look at it. The entire duration of the buff is the surprise attack, and the first attack is the one that startled them and left them off balance. Someone flicks you on the nose, so your hands snap up to guard your face and then they pummel your exposed mid section.

Any chance this patch will see some time devoted to looking into Munitions single target attacks that don't seem to proc Surprise Attack?​​
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Oh cool, Demolish and No Quarter trigger Upper Hand. Nice!
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I'm super pleased with these bug fixes. This will keep me shut up for a couple of months. Thanks
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Pretty neat that Upper Hand is now being made to work with resistance reducing effects, increasing their overall potency for increasing damage output. I think this is very good since the original effects it worked with didn't share much in common aside from being something that synergized with a specific set.

I believe that this effect could also include the other effects such as Armor Piercing, Unstable Accelerant, and Supercharged, OR that a spec similar to Upper Hand be made for the Guardian Tree which includes the more Ranged oriented debuffs of this nature, likely replacing Make It Count.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Yayyy for bug fixes! Especially Flashfire Pit and Thrash!!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Yay for flashfire fix! I can wait for cf to apply to others now w/o killing the primary target.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    CO has been crashing on me repeatedly all week. Exit a Smash alert, game crashes. Try to switch to a different character, game crashes. Stand in Ren Cen doing nothing, CO crashes.

Also enemies are still cheering when defeated.

*edit

And while I was typing this, I tried to launch CO and the game crashed at the loading screen. Sigh..
  • Options
    Some bugs will be fixed in the next patch, some bugs have not been looked into as yet. All we can do is wait now.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    CO has been crashing on me repeatedly all week. Exit a Smash alert, game crashes. Try to switch to a different character, game crashes. Stand in Ren Cen doing nothing, CO crashes.

You might have a problem on your end, check your memory n stuff. If crashing that much was a widespread issue then we would have heard a lot more about it.​​
  • Options
    CO has been crashing on me repeatedly all week.
    If you're crashing on texture errors, you'll have to go into your hoggs directory in your game client and delete whatever file is corrupted, file checking does not do that for you.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

You might have a problem on your end, check your memory n stuff. If crashing that much was a widespread issue then we would have heard a lot more about it.​​

I have quite a bit in the endgame channel actually. And I haven't taken the time to see in zone, but I can imagine even more people there stating issues with lag and rubberbanding(which they were a few weeks ago). Luckily I haven't had that issue, and I hope it doesn't happen of course
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Flashfire Pit should now persist if the primary target is defeated.
      ​​
    Yayyyyyyyy! I was wondering about that! Oh this is going to make life in the QWZ so much better.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    And CO crashes yet again during an alert, even after verifying files. Here's my error message:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Texture_Library/Ui/Icons/Items/Bloodmoon/Bloodmoon_Event_Device_Force_Large.Wtex:

This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    And CO crashes yet again during an alert, even after verifying files. Here's my error message:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Texture_Library/Ui/Icons/Items/Bloodmoon/Bloodmoon_Event_Device_Force_Large.Wtex:

This is ridiculous.
    Yes, that's a corrupted pigg. Verifying files will not fix it.
  • Options

This is ridiculous.
    Yes, that's a corrupted pigg. Verifying files will not fix it.

Well the fix is beyond my technical skills then.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    deleting a file(s) so the launcher can download a fresh, uncorrupted copy is not beyond anyone's technical skills

and given the nature of the error message, i'd say either the Perfect World Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture.hogg or Perfect World Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture2.hogg is the file that needs deleting

i would just delete both​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Of course, it would be nice if file verification worked for that, but it doesn't.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Cheer death still happening around the MC prison area.
  • Options
    deleting a file(s) so the launcher can download a fresh, uncorrupted copy is not beyond anyone's technical skills

and given the nature of the error message, i'd say either the Perfect World Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture.hogg or Perfect World Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture2.hogg is the file that needs deleting

i would just delete both​​

"This action can't be completed because the file is open in GameClient"
  • Options

i would just delete both

"This action can't be completed because the file is open in GameClient"

Close your game lol​​
  • Options
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    I have quite a bit in the endgame channel actually. And I haven't taken the time to see in zone, but I can imagine even more people there stating issues with lag and rubberbanding(which they were a few weeks ago). Luckily I haven't had that issue, and I hope it doesn't happen of course

Lag and crashing are different issues.​​
  • Options
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Close your game lol​​
    If your game crashed you may have to kill it.
  • Options
    Task Manager->Processes->Game Client->End Process (something like this, I'm translating from spanish :D )​​
  • Options
    Close your game lol​​

I'm not playing the game. And the task manager shows nothing running.
  • Options
    Im confused now, what was the issue?
  • Options
    If it's locked, either CrypticError or GameClient is running.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    qawsada wrote: »
    Cheer death still happening around the MC prison area.

Seems like this is part of a larger issue, most enemies aren't playing this animation anymore, but there are some enemies in game that weren't playing any defeat animation at all (since launch) and those enemies are now playing that cheer animation in place.

Should have a super super final fix for this next week.​​
  • Options
    Incidentally, last I was in NemCon, the lying down prisoners were also using the cheering animation.
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Close your game lol​​

Hello,

Please follow these steps

1, shutdown your computer, wait at least 1 minute before restarting it.
    2, restart your computer
    3, make sure neither the Arc nor the Champions launchers are active.
    4, Navigate to and Delete both of the files (courtesy of Shadowfang240)

Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture.hogg

Perfect World Entertainment\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\piggs\texture2.hogg

5, activate the Arc and Champions launchers.
    6, Go into the Champions launcher settings and set it to force verify. Let the launcher do its job.
  • Options
    and if the files still can't be deleted, a full PC restart will definitely purge any hold the game has on the files so they can be

though, these posts should probably be split off into a new topic and moved to the technical section by a mod, since it doesn't really relate to the patch notes​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Someone recently noticed that Distinguished and Virtuous apparently give the same damage mitigation ( technically Virtous gives like 1% more ), making Virtuous better across the board than Distinguished. Probably a side effect of the wardicator loop being fixed. Seems like something that could be quickly addressed with a bit of tweaking.​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    Distinguished definitely took a hit on Guardicator builds
  • Options

Thing is I'm even getting more damage mitigation out of Virt on a ProWarden build.​​
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »

Thing is I'm even getting more damage mitigation out of Virt on a ProWarden build.

Currently Distinguished only compares to Virtuous in Wardicator builds.

On any other kind of build (I'm using Brawler Vindicator for example for my dual passive build) Virtuous is outperforming Distingushed by around 6% damage resistance (not to mention the benefits to crit chance/severity)​​
  • Options
    ownzd4ownzd4 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    the 360 cone was much better than the sphere for Arc Ruin...I can't hit targets that are behind me anymore on my Devastator :/
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ownzd4 wrote: »
    the 360 cone was much better than the sphere for Arc Ruin...I can't hit targets that are behind me anymore on my Devastator :/

It's been confirmed that its a bug, currently the power acts as a cone instead of a Sphere
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ownzd4 wrote: »

Wouldn't a sphere hit more?
  • Options
    sphere hits more
    however currently power is behaving like a cone
    it's bugged as confirmed by kaiserin as mentioned in the post above​​
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    While fixing buggy specs is always good, these two take game balance in the wrong direction. Melee dps does not need a bigger edge over ranged dps.
This discussion has been closed.