test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/26/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2018 in Release Notes
Nighthawk Event
  • For the next 2 weeks the Nighthawk event will be running.
  • Added the following costumes to the event store: Hyper Wings, Hyper Winged Guard, Feathered Guard, Night Mask, Flared Bracers.
  • Nighthawk's Talon mods can now drop from the Franklin Stone mission and can be purchased in the store. These mods boost the damage of Martial Arts Claws abilities.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where some sphere objects used in fx were using the wrong textures.
  • Fixed a bug where some enemy groups were still being cheerful when defeated. Some enemies are still playing this due to a different issue, which should be resolved by next week.
  • Fixed a bug where some items in the Exclusive Costume store could not be purchased.
  • Reduced the visual effect of the trail on Shadow Wings flight on ranks 2 and 3 so you can actually see your screen while flying.
  • Fixed a bug where Shockwave wasn't getting boosted by the Ripper's Rage mod.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug with the Cleanse advantage on Reaper's Caress where it could trigger if you were using certain forms.
  • Fixed a bug where the Drag Back advantage on Shadow Eruption wasn't working.
  • Fixed a bug where Thrash's heal was not increasing based on bleed count.
  • Updated Arc of Ruin to be a sphere effect instead of a 360 degree cone. This should address some issues it had with hitting targets.
  • Fixed a bug where the Force Collapse and Devoid advantages did not refresh the duration of Devoid if used while it was active.
  • Fixed a bug where Debilitating Poison did not count as a curse for some power interactions.
  • Fixed a bug where Holy Water's breakout damage could be dodged.
  • Flashfire Pit should now persist if the primary target is defeated.
  • Become Gladiator Imperator's Haymaker can now build Enrage stacks by fully charging the ability. Previously this become device had no means of stacking Enrage.

Specializations
Surprise Attack
  • Due to some bugs with this specialization applying to targets, this power now applies a short term crit buff that applies to all of your attacks when striking a target above 90% health.
  • Lowered the critical bonus from 10% per rank to 5% because of this change.

Upper Hand
  • Removed the description mentioning Ego Leech. This was a throwback to a time when Ego Leech could be applied to targets.
  • Removed Bleed and Disorient from triggering this effect.
  • Added No Quarter, Demolish, Disintigrate and Stress as trigger conditions.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    2016? Kai um
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    A lot of good Power Bug Fixes
    Keep up the good work :+1:
    Reduced the visual effect of the trail on Shadow Wings flight on ranks 2 and 3 so you can actually see your screen while flying.
    AWW YISS, I Hope this also reduced the lag​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    We have mastered time travel! \o/
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    She meant 2018, miss type does happen!
    Haha we travelled to the past into the future!
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I really want to see these costume bits
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
    2016? Kai um

oops.​​
    Thankies :3
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Yay to the shadow wings fix. Cant wait to see it tonight.
    How long is the "short term" crit buff on Surprise attack? 6 sec? 15?
    I assume its about 6-10 seconds or maybe the same 7 seconds as Pre-emptive Strike
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Which Eruption is the drag back adv btw? The HW or the device one?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Um Kai
    I had Gold sub until January 16th next year and it just removed itself. Why..
    That is something you would have to contact customer support about.​​
    edited July 2018
    Which Eruption is the drag back adv btw? The HW or the device one?
    None
    It's the the DARKNESS (SCR Store) Shadow Eruption adv
    Basically the adv wasn't working and completely stripped Knock effects from the power, turning the knock into Null​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Okay Kai, thanks
  • navar#3536 navar Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nighthawk Event

[*] Reduced the visual effect of the trail on Shadow Wings flight on ranks 2 and 3 so you can actually see your screen while flying.

Well that sucks...I rather enjoyed the trail. All people had to do was adjust their max cam dist, problem solved. Never had an issue with it...ever. I guess people will complain about anything and they won't stop until they get their way. Thanks a lot complainers...
    edited July 2018
    Reporting that a power is causing Performance issues and Framerate drops is considered a complain now thinking-face_1f914.png​​
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User

Nighthawk Event
    • Updated Arc of Ruin to be a sphere effect instead of a 360 degree cone. This should address some issues it had with hitting
    ​​

Well this seems to have gone wrong. It's a 180 cone now, not a 360 or sphere.

avianos wrote: »
    Reporting that a power is causing Performance issues and Framerate drops is considered a complain now thinking-face_1f914.png​​

If your PC is not up to specs and can't handle the graphics, then it goes far beyond a complaint. I call it entitlement because you expect others to sacrifice their enjoyment of the game and the graphics of the game, because you chose not to make your computer capable of handling a game. I have seen this a million times in other games that had beautiful graphics, that had to be dummied down because people wanted to complain instead of upgrading their PC to handle the game's pre-existing graphics. This is why people can't play PS 4 games on a PS 3. That is essentially what is going on here. People are playing this game on outdated PC's and complaining...and now the game is being dummied down to accommodate.

So let's call it what it is and not sugar coat it by calling "performance issues and framrate drops".
    edited July 2018
    Fascinating
    6d8.jpeg​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Nighthawk Event

[*] Reduced the visual effect of the trail on Shadow Wings flight on ranks 2 and 3 so you can actually see your screen while flying.

Well that sucks...I rather enjoyed the trail. All people had to do was adjust their max cam dist, problem solved. Never had an issue with it...ever. I guess people will complain about anything and they won't stop until they get their way. Thanks a lot complainers...

Really? Why should people have to zoom out a lot just to see where they're going? Most other flight powers didn't have this issue. Personally it really annoyed me that as soon as I ranked up Shadow Wings, I had trouble seeing where I was going at my close up zoom. I would consider this a valid complaint.

And you also mention the complainers having entitlement. Yet I get the impression you're the one being entitled here because you think these view blocking visuals should stay because you personally liked them and regardless of what others think. Personally I don't recall any performance issues with the visuals on my end, but rather the pretty annoying blinding effect. I rather be able to see than have pretty effects block my view.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Nighthawk Event

Well that sucks...I rather enjoyed the trail.

Sorry you lost something you liked... but, personally, I'm glad that I'll finally be able to use a travel power I bought years ago and then discovered that it (in, yes, my opinion) looked terrible once you took it past rank one.

I've no particular comment on any hypothetical 'performance issues' here - as noted, I never used the power, so I wouldn't have seen any such issues. But I will, as a professional programmer, say this: performance issues are complicated, and trying to simplify them down to "oh, you just need better hardware" is entirely the wrong attitude.
    edited July 2018
    Well Unfortunately the Performance issues weren't fixed
    But HEY PC MASTER RACE, AM I RIGHT?
    Reduced the visual effect of the trail on Shadow Wings flight on ranks 2 and 3 so you can actually see your screen while flying.
    BUG: Rank 2 and rank 3 of Shadow Wing still cause performance issue
    RANK 3 Drops to 19 FPS while moving​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I so want this bug extended so that kiga, ape and dino all get up and cheer.
    [*] Fixed a bug where some enemy groups were still being cheerful when defeated. Some enemies are still playing this due to a different issue, which should be resolved by next week.
    ​​

Any chance we could get the event store to work properly? E.g. I already own the Nighthawk costume but the individual parts still show up and something I can unlock.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I love shadow wings but never wanted to rank it up because the visual effects were too much and I could barely see my character among all the smoke.. didn't even realize it was causing others issues with frame rates.. I just didn't like the way it looked and personally. This is the first time I ever noticed it being discussed here on the forums so I am not sure where all the complaints have been coming from.

This is a nice change for most people it seems, but you cannot please everyone all the time and no matter what you change there are going to be a couple people who are upset by it.

edited July 2018
    Nighthawk Event
    For the next 2 weeks the Nighthawk event will be running.
    The Ingame Welcome window says the Event is up from 26 July 6:00pm to 2 August 5:00pm
    Those are 8 Days
    Added the following costumes to the event store: Hyper Wings, Hyper Winged Guard, Feathered Guard, Night Mask, Flared Bracers.
    You added so many GOOD new costume pieces but the event is so tedious, lame and obnoxious to farm AHHHHHHHHHHHHH onion-10.gif
    Specializations
    Surprise Attack
    Due to some bugs with this specialization applying to targets, this power now applies a short term crit buff that applies to all of your attacks when striking a target above 90% health.
    Lowered the critical bonus from 10% per rank to 5% because of this change.

Suggestion: Give this SPEC a BUFF ICON on the player's character to make it easier to track down
    Fixed a bug where the Force Collapse and Devoid advantages did not refresh the duration of Devoid if used while it was active.

BUG: Force Collapse doesn't refresh Devoid duration

Updated Arc of Ruin to be a sphere effect instead of a 360 degree cone. This should address some issues it had with hitting targets.
    I don't like this change, it basically reverted back Arc of Ruin to its old targeting arc when it REQUIRED an enemy target, and since now the player's character wont auto-turn to face the enemy this basically nerfs the power's flexibility

It defends the point of being PBAoE :|

BUG: Rank 2 and rank 3 of Shadow Wing still cause performance issue
    RANK 3 Drops to 19 FPS while moving​​
    morigosa wrote: »
    Nighthawk Event

Well that sucks...I rather enjoyed the trail.

Sorry you lost something you liked... but, personally, I'm glad that I'll finally be able to use a travel power I bought years ago and then discovered that it (in, yes, my opinion) looked terrible once you took it past rank one.

I've no particular comment on any hypothetical 'performance issues' here - as noted, I never used the power, so I wouldn't have seen any such issues. But I will, as a professional programmer, say this: performance issues are complicated, and trying to simplify them down to "oh, you just need better hardware" is entirely the wrong attitude.

Well then as a programmer, you should also know that if graphics alone are causing performance issues, then the performance issue is due to the lack of a PC performing. If it is causing a bug, that is different. However, if it were causing a bug, then the bug should be fixed, and not the graphics.

Oh well, what is done is done...nothing will change now. Not once have I ever seen a great graphic dummied down and then reversed. The complainers who refuse to upgrade always win. And once again, they won. I'm sorry some people had an issue with it. I however had zero issues and found a great way to enjoy the fog of smoke trail AND see the game perfectly fine. But like I said, people will complain about anything. What's done is done.
    I don't like this change, it basically reverted back Arc of Ruin to its old targeting arc when it REQUIRED an enemy target, and since now the player's character wont auto-turn to face the enemy this basically nerfs the power's flexibility

This change has no effect on the power other than addressing bugs with it. It's now a pbaoe sphere effect, meaning it affects everything around you, regardless of facing or target selected. Prior it was a pbaoe 360 degree cone, which is functionally the same thing, but came with some target bugs.​​
    Kinda sucks that Arc of Ruin isn't a 360 pbaoe now. I like spamming it to grab mooks w/o turning. :P
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • I have a small request Kaizerin; could you add a "back" button to Irwin's chat box after you click on "how to get to -blank- location" option? If you click on the beach by mistake when you meant to click on the menu option for Lynx Fold, then you have to click the X at the top of the window to close it and talk to Irwin again to bring up the menu to choose the correct location, because there's no back button option. :/

This change has no effect on the power other than addressing bugs with it. It's now a pbaoe sphere effect, meaning it affects everything around you, regardless of facing or target selected. Prior it was a pbaoe 360 degree cone, which is functionally the same thing, but came with some target bugs.​​

And thats well and good, except it's not working as intended and is acting like a 180 frontal cone on Live servers
    Can you post a screenshot please?​​
    edited July 2018
    NINJA'ED

here is a Gif
    This change has no effect on the power other than addressing bugs with it. It's now a pbaoe sphere effect, meaning it affects everything around you, regardless of facing or target selected. Prior it was a pbaoe 360 degree cone, which is functionally the same thing, but came with some target bugs.
    This makes sense now
    In that case perhaps this is an Anomaly BUG with the power because right now It acts like a Cone power instead of a a PBAO sphere
    From the powerhouse testing, the power completely ignores the mobs behind me and only attacks the mobs infront of me

BUG: Arc of Ruin is acting like a 180 Cone instead of a 360 AoE Sphere attack
    uNzdN3o.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    Odd, not seeing that on my end, will look into it.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    List ranks and advantages? Cuz it would not be the first time only some ranks of a power were bugged.
    Rank 1 - NO ADV - CONE
    Rank 2 - NO ADV - CONE
    Rank 3 - NO ADV - CONE

Rank 1 - No Quarter - CONE
    Rank 2 - No Quarter - CONE

Rank 1 - Wildfire - CONE
    Rank 2 - Wildfire - CONE

Rank 1 - Wildfire + No Quarter - CONE

Challenge and Accel Metabolism doesn't seem to change something neither​​
    List ranks and advantages? Cuz it would not be the first time only some ranks of a power were bugged.

Advantages: No Quarter, Wildfire.
    Completely unrelated but is an old concern...

About Ice Grenades, I noticed that it's CC Root/Stun effect seems to be delayed longer than it used to be. Was this intentional or unintended bug?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited July 2018
    rb74#3001 wrote: »

And you also mention the complainers having entitlement. Yet I get the impression you're the one being entitled here...

I almost let this comment slide...I was going to be the better man...but to hell with it. I'll bite...

I'm not the one who demanded the change in the first place. Also, the players on these forums do not in any way represent the majority of players in game...they simply represent the most vocal players. And I am willing to bet, that there were people defending the way it existed as it were in those posts, to be sure, and I am sure there were endless forum posts from the same three posters about those wings.

I know how these things go...I have been an MMO player since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth...it's always the same people who complain and ultimately, get things changed in a game. THOSE are the entitled players. I never asked for the change...I found a great way around it so I could enjoy the WHOLE visual affect. I'm not the one who came to these boards and demanded a change that was never needed.

In the meantime, we have the Form Cancellation from Force Cascade that has been bugged for WELL over 4 years now...which is why NOBODY can use Kinetic Manipulation effectively and they are all using Quarry. That is a game breaking bug that has been around for over 4 years. But never mind that, let's change the graphics of a flight power because people with crap computers want to complain about it, right? Yeah...entitled indeed. Sure, call me entitled...the evidence shows otherwise.
    Completely unrelated but is an old concern...

About Ice Grenades, I noticed that it's CC Root/Stun effect seems to be delayed longer than it used to be. Was this intentional or unintended bug?

Shouldn't be delayed, please post it in the bugs section.​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Wraiv, you are demanding changes. Worse, you're demanding that other people make those changes so you can be happier. Unless you're going to pony up for a new tower over here, though, I'm playing with this four-year-old hand-me-down and using a 42-inch TV as a monitor, because it's what I have.

I mean, you can afford to upgrade constantly to the latest and greatest hardware, and bully for you. Some of us, however, aren't so fortunate. Or are you saying that only the independently wealthy should be permitted to play MMOs?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    The latest, and greatest actually doesn't work nearly as well for CO because the graphics guts of the game are so dated. Which is why using a 9 year old machine crashes 99% less than one of the newer machines. On another note about delays, the momma dino was having about a 1-2; 3? Second delay when she went to heal after the red icon disappeared, and medusa's aoe in TA was applying dmg much later than normal as well, so had to hold block a lot longer.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I know how these things go...I have been an MMO player since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth...it's always the same people who complain and ultimately, get things changed in a game. THOSE are the entitled players. I never asked for the change...I found a great way around it so I could enjoy the WHOLE visual affect. I'm not the one who came to these boards and demanded a change that was never needed.

Eh... can you point out where this group of people complained about shadow wings? I haven't seen it. I think it might be one of those issues that the devs just noticed themselves. It's a simple QoL issue after all.​​
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Something that may help with the Arc of Ruin case.

ff5656dfc4ccc42741f657e367bcacf3.png

In this description, Arc of Ruin is shown as both requiring something within 10 feet as well as the 10 feet Sphere AoE that supposedly makes it a PBAoE. Checking with other PBAoEs, they only list the Sphere area, as opposed to both it and the additional condition. I'm not sure why this would make it only affect targets in front of the user, maybe some sort of weird targeting arc-like condition is also sneaking around?

In any case, I just found it odd that Arc of Ruin lists the two conditions as opposed to just having the 10 feet sphere. Figured it might help.

Bonus Edit: The description also says "Deals Crushing damage to targets in front of you." That can probably do with an update to reflect what it is supposed to be doing.​​
    Post edited by deadman20 on
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    The Stone Alert gives a random amount of 1-3 Claw mods...most often than not 1.

Considering Jack Fool mod drops in amounts of 2-3 from his alert and from Demonflame and that Unarmed mod drops from Green Dragon in amounts of 2-3 whenever his custom alert pops up, I'd think it'd be nice if the amount of mods the Stone alert gives is set to at least 2-3 minimum.

The Nighthawk event only happens 2-3 times per year after all, whereas Jack Fool is available every day and Green Dragon is available every 5-6 weeks.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Dunno if it's intentional or not, but the Hyper Wing Back and Hyper Wing Bracer seem to have different glow textures. Here is a comparison of both using the same color with same glow intensity

v3Sa66W.jpg
    sDpNE08.jpg

(I actually prefer the glow from the bracers since it gives it a more sci-fi look, any chance the wings can get the same glow effect?)​​
    jonsills wrote: »
    Wraiv, you are demanding changes. Worse, you're demanding that other people make those changes so you can be happier. Unless you're going to pony up for a new tower over here, though, I'm playing with this four-year-old hand-me-down and using a 42-inch TV as a monitor, because it's what I have.

I mean, you can afford to upgrade constantly to the latest and greatest hardware, and bully for you. Some of us, however, aren't so fortunate. Or are you saying that only the independently wealthy should be permitted to play MMOs?

I'm saying this game has not updated the graphics since the game was released. So anyone playing on a rig that cannot handle these graphics, shouldn't have any right to complain about the graphics causing issues. That would be like me finding a way to play a PS4 game on a PS3, then demanding that Sony changes the games graphics so that I can play it on my PS3 without it causing issues.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I think it might be one of those issues that the devs just noticed themselves. It's a simple QoL issue after all.​​

Meanwhile, Force Cascade's Form Lockout timer has been bugged for over 4 years. I guess those wings were soooo much more important. :(

As far as who complained, I have no idea to be honest. I just know how these types of changes generally occur. I will try and see if I can find the complaints later. I can't see a Dev taking it upon themselves to change these wings without hearing complaints. I have been complaining of the previously mentioned bug, that is actually game breaking...and it's still there. These developers aren't really on the ball about anything in this game unless it has something to do with those gambling boxes from what I can see.

spinnytop wrote: »

Eh... can you point out where this group of people complained about shadow wings? I haven't seen it.

Well, the search function for these boards are absolutely horrible. Just putting in the word Shadow Wings pulls up nothing...which should have pulled up a ton of posts to search through. Then I tried the word shadow...same thing...nothing. With the lame functionality of the search function, that is going to be difficult. Not to mention, if that turned in to a heated topic, there are good chances it was deleted after being locked. Too many ifs to say for sure. I'll keep looking though. But this will be like finding a needle in a haystack.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Or, maybe, there were no such complaints? Not everything is a conspiracy.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!