test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Universal Support Passive for Physical/Energy Damage type!!!!

redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
Recently while looking over the powersets within the game, i noticed there isn't any passives that promote Physical and Energy damage while in a support role which i thought was strange. Wind, Force, Electricity and Earth all have capabilities that can be used for crowd control and i think it would be awesome to see these sets used to there fullest potential. For example:

Kinetic Fielding (Support Passive)

+ Increases all your Physical and Energy damage
+ Increases your resistence to Physical and Energy damage
+ Increases all Physical and Energy damage by a lesser amount
+ Recovers Energy whenever you take Physical or Energy damage
+ Heals you and nearby friends every 3 seconds
+ Increases Strength of healing

I'm interested to know what you guys think in the comments below. I'm also interested in finding out more ideas that you may have about topic and any suggestions that could improve this idea.

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'd be inclined to adjust it as follows:

Kinetic Dispersal (Support Passive)

+ Increases ally resistance to Physical and Energy damage
    + Increases all your resistance Physical and Energy damage by a lesser amount
    + Recovers energy whenever you take Physical or Energy damage and grants half of this energy to allies within aura radius.
    + Increases strength of healing.

With this, you have an opportunity to branch out and be more offensive, but also inclined to think about supporting others using those sets.

I've taken out the healing thing...since it'd be better to provide energy to others as a unique feature for the passive.

I'd also be inclined to have the energy recovery tied to Endurance for this passive, and the ally resistance tied to Presence as usual.

I've often thought about something similar for the Force Power set, but it involves more shielding. I might add it to my Force Revamp list...
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Universal passives are a great idea. I hope one day it becomes a thing more commonly expressed
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    I'd be inclined to adjust it as follows:

Kinetic Dispersal (Support Passive)

+ Increases ally resistance to Physical and Energy damage
    + Increases all your resistance Physical and Energy damage by a lesser amount
    + Recovers energy whenever you take Physical or Energy damage and grants half of this energy to allies within aura radius.
    + Increases strength of healing.

With this, you have an opportunity to branch out and be more offensive, but also inclined to think about supporting others using those sets.

I've taken out the healing thing...since it'd be better to provide energy to others as a unique feature for the passive.

I'd also be inclined to have the energy recovery tied to Endurance for this passive, and the ally resistance tied to Presence as usual.

I've often thought about something similar for the Force Power set, but it involves more shielding. I might add it to my Force Revamp list...

I absolutely love this idea, the way you swapped out the healing factor for more energy was brilliant and makes total sense. I would love to see this passive in the way you envisioned it to appear in game.
  • Options
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Universal passives are a great idea. I hope one day it becomes a thing more commonly expressed
    I wish for the same thing my friend. Also thank you for posting your comment i really appreciate it :+1:
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    I wish for the same thing my friend. Also thank you for posting your comment i really appreciate it :+1:

No problem :) I'd love way more support passives too that are universal besides auras and nanites. And of course a few other support actual buffing powers as well(not JUST protection shield). Gotta diversify :)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Kinetic Fielding (Support Passive)
    + Increases your resistence to Physical and Energy damage
    + Increases all Physical and Energy damage by a lesser amount
    + Recovers Energy whenever you take Physical or Energy damage
    + Heals you and nearby friends every 3 seconds
    + Increases Strength of healing

Each of these in tiny amounts o3o​​