test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help Pls , i m a healer and i can t heal :( (sorry for my english)

Hello, i have a problem, surely for my config, when i click on someone for sield or heal , that show me the enemy who kick him, itested all type of targeting, click direct, tab target firendly, f1/f2/f3 etc, and it s always the same result, that show me the enemy fight my allie.
If someone can help me to configure that, really thx ^^

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Check your setting/ options in the menu on your toon. There is a spot for targets and etc, it’s the last tab I think. Just scroll down and see which apply to you
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    It could be your energy builder toggle options. In the controls window of options menu, there is a line called "auto attack". Depending on what option you choose here, it can lead to what you describe.
    If the option selected is "toggle never cancel" or "toggle non combat cancel" or "maintain", your energy builder will constantly move from any friendly target you have selected to nearest ennemy target available.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Options -> Controls -> (setting called) Select auto target on attack. Check: Off. If it is On, and you have an Energy Builder that is selected to "toggle never cancels", you will change to an enemy target each time you try to select a friendly to heal.

Downside of this selection is now you have to actively use your Tab to specifically target an enemy. You can possibly still fire on a non-targeted enemy, but not with your Energy Builder. And, in some cases, you need that firing off.

Another option is to set a macro for a power. Let's say you just want to target this one friendly right ... here. If you have nothing on key 9 and your heal power is the second to the right from the Energy builder (key 3 usually), set this macro:
    /bind 9 "target_friend_near $$ powertrayexec 1 2 $$ target_clear"

However, if you are trying to use the heal power on a specific player, then you will need to do the above Options setting mentioned in my first paragraph.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Yeah, under Options and Controls, you want to toggle "Only attack if target selected", "Select auto target on attack" off and "Assist target on attack" on. This way you can maintain sight on the enemy and use healing abilities on their target which will be your ally.

For me, I usually have it looking like this:
    dc0ee007e0e4c50917861a947f94031f.png

It's really those main three I mentioned you want to change, otherwise you'll cycle targets around and have a chance to lose track of what's going on. Everything else is more to for you to change to your own taste.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I like to bind ` to cycle friendlies
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters