test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Most of the "Elite" Players Don't Mind the Wardicator Fix

1235»

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I can't do it. I have a totally original character Dork Helmet don't look into it that was obviously supposed to be laser swords. The clunky building mechanic was monotonous, not fun, and even looked bad because subpar animations. I was like bleh switch to heavy weapons. He looks way funnier using skullcrusher anyway.

Also it's the reason I actually enjoyed playing the Automaton. It had a combination of playstyles I hadn't done before so it was fresh. Having to line up every shot with the rocket fist made positioning more important than for, say, force cascade, and running that self heal was pretty neat. Was very fun to level.
    biffsig.jpg
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Example of theme, pulling powers from all over:

Grey (symbiotic alien - used to run w/ my friends' char, Gray)
    I'm the restrainer, he's the prober. So, I use chains with poison cuz: alien materials = bad to the touch.
    PBR cuz pew pew alien rifle.
    Orbital Cannon cuz Mothership target ____.
    Dark minions cuz dark bodied alien abduction team.
    Emp heal cuz heal other.
    Rez other cuz aliens can do that.
    Circle of Primal Dominion cuz crop circles are our power.
    It used to have AoRP cuz Gray had AoPM. Since my friend doesn't play any more I went with Med Nanites. Not strictly theme here, so I went "whatever", he can heal cuz he's alien.

Strong? Not really. But he provides support.
    Healer? Not really, but can do one, if they're close.
    Fun as all get out? Helz yeah. I'm sure you've seen its' "alien speech" that uses the Character Map to say stuff.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    As to the original topic, all tanks took a hit that used Vindicator and/or Str primary (Juggernaut).

My well-geared tanks are still able to solo MT Dino, as long as decent heals are coming. My lesser geared tanks need lots more heals and/or at least 1 soak tank on Ape and Dino.

It has allowed me to try some different spec trees. Currently, my tanks are a big fan of Protector for the Protector Mastery. This resets the cooldown of your Active Defenses (plural. I, like many, have a couple of ADs) when your health falls below 30% ... with a 60 second cooldown on doing it again.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah Protecter Mastery is great. I have one tank that is Prowarden, one tank that is Wardicator, and my third tank is Sentinal/Avenger...Sentenger? Avengal? I'm bad at thinking up names for these combinations... Wondering what can be done with Sentry too, I hear it gives good mitigation. Protector/Sentry might be a cool thing to try, if only my tanks had any crit .-. bet those dodge tanks with Dex forms could do something with it tho.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yeah Protecter Mastery is great. I have one tank that is Prowarden, one tank that is Wardicator, and my third tank is Sentinal/Avenger...Sentenger? Avengal? I'm bad at thinking up names for these combinations... Wondering what can be done with Sentry too, I hear it gives good mitigation. Protector/Sentry might be a cool thing to try, if only my tanks had any crit .-. bet those dodge tanks with Dex forms could do something with it tho.
    I use sentry-protector on my dodge tank, mostly because Twist Fate lets you hit 100% dodge vs Kigatilik while still having decent Con. Thinking about it, I might change reinforce to fortify (if you aren't a dodge tank, you can just take both).
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Hey, I was away on vacation--

I have this theme build that was affected by the spec change, and I am wondering if I can still play CO.

:p

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Iam not really bothered by the wardicator change, in fact it's good to switch builds from time to time since experimenting with different builds are fun :)

Side note: (will never consider my self a ''elite player'' ) I hate referring my self as '' elite player '' , I avoid ''elite player'' term completely -.-;

that said iam all for fun....
    Post edited by alt0angel0sk on
  • sykovsykov Posts: 130 Arc User
    I'm just here to fill up my bucket of salty tears I've collected over the years.
    It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hey, I was away on vacation--

I have this theme build that was affected by the spec change, and I am wondering if I can still play CO.

:p
    *straps roughbear's character to a stretcher and wheels it to Teliosaurus to use for a soak tank*
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters