test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Adjusting The Force Power Set

13»

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    50f AoE means no one would be able to use it at ape without hitting one or more of the hearts

and for that matter, it would probably also hit baby at dino too, but a little bit of damage every 90 seconds shouldn't be that big a deal as long as the tank's doing well

no idea about eidolon and his orbs, because i haven't done that fight yet so i don't know where things spawn​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2018

50f AoE means no one would be able to use it at ape without hitting one or more of the hearts

and for that matter, it would probably also hit baby at dino too, but a little bit of damage every 90 seconds shouldn't be that big a deal as long as the tank's doing well

no idea about eidolon and his orbs, because i haven't done that fight yet so i don't know where things spawn​​

I've just edited the Singularity description, so it will go after your primary target.

EDIT: Just realized this suggestion is almost 2 years old \o/
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • of course you aren't sure; the person i originally made that reply to, that being @gradii, was muted a few months ago, so all his posts everywhere have vanished​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

of course you aren't sure; the person i originally made that reply to, that being @gradii, was muted a few months ago, so all his posts everywhere have vanished​​

Oh I see, that clears things up lol
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Re: IDF

Instead of keeping it as a form, or changing it to an active defense, why not try it out as a support passive that gives teammates a baby version of Invulnerability (flat mitigation + small amount of damage resistance) similar to how AoRP gives a baby Defiance (a larger amount of damage resistance) to everyone? It'd allow it to keep its theme as a team-wide flat damage mitigation passive effect without denying the user a form in order to do so.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

Re: IDF

Instead of keeping it as a form, or changing it to an active defense, why not try it out as a support passive that gives teammates a baby version of Invulnerability (flat mitigation + small amount of damage resistance) similar to how AoRP gives a baby Defiance (a larger amount of damage resistance) to everyone? It'd allow it to keep its theme as a team-wide flat damage mitigation passive effect without denying the user a form in order to do so.​​

In my proposal I've changed it to an Active Ultimate IIRC, reason being is that I think IDF should remain as something you can have on builds in addition to your passive...however...it may be changed into a new passive...it's not an idea without merit IMO.

Thinking about it, it would be nice to have a supportive passive in Force. I'd probably cut the damage resistance to self portion and have it apply a shield for self portion (keeping in line with the Force Field theme) but have flat mitigation and dmg resist for others and mitigation for self.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    ^ Can I cast in my lot for both the new support passive and the team-based defensive ultimate? :D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

^ Can I cast in my lot for both the new support passive and the team-based defensive ultimate? :D​​

It would be nice if both can be done!

I just hope the Development Team have enough time to allocate to sets like Force/Earth because they need fleshing out. Ideally as much time as what was spent on Infernal and Bestial SN is needed IMO.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    did not read through all of it but would like a gravity option on some of the powers so a gravity powered person could be made. Not just force, but with gravity repelling force and holds that could do crushing damage and such and slow effects would be cool. Not just damage damage
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Another thought about IDF is that to make it a more viable Form with minimal effort, how bout give it the ability to absorb some energy from damage dealt to anyone that is affected by IDF and feed the user with X amount of Energy every X seconds, that way the penalties and synergies combine, can keep it as a defensive/supportive form for options but still get something like other forms, Energy returns, something like scales with Rec and End to a lesser degree, can help with Force (Or potential other sets) with energy.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Maybe IDF provides a HoT for PFF?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe IDF provides a HoT for PFF?

Sounds neat, could have something of a effect while Field Surge is active to a larger degree, or even Force Sheath adv for Force shield, smaller degree.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    mmm... force sheath.... Maybe have Force Sheath damage reduction taken into account BEFORE damage is dealt to shield?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    I just wanna take a moment to add to this wonderful conversation. I think that containment field would benefit from being able to damage a enemy like "Binding of Aratron" I think it's spelled. I also think that the entire set would would benefit from reskins from other powersets example. A Hybrid Passive similar to Congress of selves. A defensive power like ice Barrier but with force shields instead. More crowd control abilities and of course a energy unlock power.
    I just wanna take a moment to add to this wonderful conversation. I think that containment field would benefit from being able to damage a enemy like "Binding of Aratron" I think it's spelled. I also think that the entire set would would benefit from reskins from other powersets example. A Hybrid Passive similar to Congress of selves. A defensive power like ice Barrier but with force shields instead. More crowd control abilities and of course a energy unlock power.

Thanks for joining!

If you take a look back to the OP, you'll see quite a few suggestion you've noted here, are already suggested by me when I originally posted.

I wouldn't use Congress of Selves as an example for a new passive though. Hybrid passives...probably would end up being incredibly subpar since they can be used in multiple ways. So perhaps a dedicated Hybrid/tanking passive, a dedicated Hybrid/DPS passive and a dedicated Hybrid/support passive for Force would be in order.

I do agree that more Crowd Control abilities would be great for Force too!
  • redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @theravenforce said:
    > redobsidian wrote: »
    >
    > I just wanna take a moment to add to this wonderful conversation. I think that containment field would benefit from being able to damage a enemy like "Binding of Aratron" I think it's spelled. I also think that the entire set would would benefit from reskins from other powersets example. A Hybrid Passive similar to Congress of selves. A defensive power like ice Barrier but with force shields instead. More crowd control abilities and of course a energy unlock power.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for joining!
    >
    > If you take a look back to the OP, you'll see quite a few suggestion you've noted here, are already suggested by me when I originally posted.
    >
    > I wouldn't use Congress of Selves as an example for a new passive though. Hybrid passives...probably would end up being incredibly subpar since they can be used in multiple ways. So perhaps a dedicated Hybrid/tanking passive, a dedicated Hybrid/DPS passive and a dedicated Hybrid/support passive for Force would be in order.
    >
    > I do agree that more Crowd Control abilities would be great for Force too!

Thanks for the warm welcome and for mentioning that i guess great minds think alike lol. I totally agree, a dedicated Hybrid/Support passive etc would be awesome and would love to see that in game especially since I specialize in creating support toons as a Hobby.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Uh, not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I love the idea of having a tap power that applies Gravity to a target. Like just picture knocking something high into the air with another power, then snapping your fingers and causing it to slam into the ground for MASSIVE DAMAGE.​​
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    or knock something into the air, leap above them and fist-slam them into the ground, DBZ style - but for force​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited August 2018
    or knock something into the air, leap above them and fist-slam them into the ground, DBZ style - but for force

While that sounds cool, I doubt the feasibility o3o maybe if it was a lunge with that effect. Now that I've said that I no longer doubt the feasibility o3o that would be a neat thing for Martial Arts. Dragon Uppercut > Gravity Punch Lunge. OR add it as an advantage to Might's lunge, since it already has a downward punching animation I think.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Uh, not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I love the idea of having a tap power that applies Gravity to a target. Like just picture knocking something high into the air with another power, then snapping your fingers and causing it to slam into the ground for MASSIVE DAMAGE.​​

Funny you should mention this!

I was initially thinking that this should be something on Force Snap, but I went with:

Force Snap
    - Range has been increased to 60ft.
    - Activation time has been reduced to 0.5 seconds
    - Entropic Collapse Advantage has had an increase in range to 20ft with a 5 target cap (up from 10ft w/ 4 target cap)

However...if I was going to go back to my initial idea...

Force Snap
    - Range has been increased to 60ft
    - Activation time has been reduced to 0.5 seconds.
    - Entropic Collapse Advantage has had an increase in range to 20ft with a 5 target cap (up from 10ft w/ 4 target cap). This power advantage now also applies Gravity debuff to the primary target for 6 seconds. Gravity debuff increases the potency of attempted knocks, reducing knock resistance on a target and increasing fall damage.

Alternatively:

New Power: Gravity Pulse
    - 80ft range
    - 10 second base cool down
    - Deals Crushing and Particle Damage to a maximum of 5 targets within a 20ft sphere.
    - Guaranteed knock up and application of the Gravity debuff for 6 seconds. Gravity debuff increases the potency of attempted knocks, reducing knock resistance on a target and increasing fall damage.
    edited August 2018
    or knock something into the air, leap above them and fist-slam them into the ground, DBZ style - but for force​​

Instantly reminded me of this:

Watch for two seconds
    edited August 2018
    I was thinking more like:

Singularity
    Range: 100
    Tap
    Medium-length cooldown

Flavor: Increase the pull of gravity on a target, crushing their body with its own weight and making it difficult to move.

Mechanics:
    - Applies Gravity, grounding the target and applying fall damage if it was airborne due to flight or knocks
    - Snares the target
    - Deals crushing damage over time, once per second for six seconds

Advantages:
    Gravity Pulse - This power knocks the target down.
    Dead Weight - This power Roots the target
    Third Law - The last tick of this power knocks the target up very high.​​
  • i would rather use singularity as an ultimate...like a version of gravitic ripple that actually WORKS​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    I don't wanna wait a minute and a half between uses tho. And Force already has an Ultimate u3u​​
  • multiple frameworks have more than one ultimate - two of which that come to immediate mind are telepathy and telekinesis​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    multiple frameworks have more than one ultimate - two of which that come to immediate mind are telepathy and telekinesis​​

Mhm...Unleashed Rage and Catastrophic Pummelling for Might/Earth/HW
    edited August 2018
    I mentioned something like this earlier in the thread...

I'm sure Gravity could be worked in some how...
    Two versions:

Singularity – Maintain – Debuff – Repel

You can bend space to your will using your immense Force powers, so much so that for a brief period of time, you can create and control a singularity which heavily disrupts everything within its reach.

- Maintain Ability (6 second max duration)
    - 25 second cool down
    - 35ft PBAoE
    - AoE Reverse Repel mechanics
    - Increasing damage as targets get closer to Singularity.
    - 40% chance to apply Disruptive Force (per tick).

Advantage: Gravitational Pulse (3pts)

- Gravitational Pulse advantage lowers the cool down for Singularity from 25 seconds to 10 seconds and adds a knock to all targets once Singularity is fully maintained.
    - Reduced chance to apply Disruptive Force (15% chance per tick)
    - Reduces PBAoE range to 25ft
    - Reduced damage

OR

Singularity – Uncontrollable Summon

You can create a small localized singularity which you can unleash wherever you desire. Your singularity will indiscriminately attack and attempt to destroy your primary target and damage any enemies within its reach, until its energy has dissipated.

- Uncontrollable Summon / Pet
    - 15 second cooldown
    - 17 second duration before despawning.
    - AoE reverse repel mechanics
    - Maintained damage to all enemies and objects within 20ft of Singularity.

Advantage: Quantum Fluctuation

- Your Singularity will now explode violently when it is close to despawning.

Thoughts?

Although, it might be better to leave Gravity to endgame and mobs. Would be difficult to regulate if players then used it on each other etc (may also interrupt OV stuff)
    multiple frameworks have more than one ultimate - two of which that come to immediate mind are telepathy and telekinesis

I don't care? I don't want to wait a minute and a half between uses.​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Loving all these power ideas (and potential for cool combos)! :+1: How about:

Gravity Slam:
    Ranged 15ft Sphere AoE Damage - Gravity Control - Knock Down - Stun
    Launch a target into the air and then slam them to the ground with great force, damaging and knocking prone nearby enemies.

- Stuns the primary target and knocks down secondary targets.
    - Airborne/knocked foes come crashing extra harder, dealing additional Crushing damage to and around your primary target.
    - Applies “Gravity Well” / “Disruptive Force” to all affected targets.

Advantages:
    - “The Grand Slam”: Lifts up to 5 foes (15 foot sphere).
    - “Feeling Heavy”: Roots all affected targets for a short duration.

*(Something like:)
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Personal Force Field

- In Combat Shield Regeneration is now a consistent value, which is shown on tooltip.
    - Shield Regeneration scaling has been improved slightly.
    - Shield Regeneration rate is now per 1.5 sec (up from per 3 secs)
    - Personal Force Field now comes with a new power called "Force Burst". Force Burst ranks up as you rank up PFF. Force Burst grants the user 50% of their maximum Personal Force Field value instantly and doubles the current regeneration rate of PFF for 20 seconds, but can only be activated at less than or equal to 40% maximum PFF. This ability has a 30 second fixed cooldown.
    - Personal Force Field no longer benefits from Compassion Form's boost to shields.
    - Personal Force Field no longer benefits from the following shield boosting specializations Administer & Enforcer (within Overseer & Arbiter trees).
    - Personal Force Field now has 30% damage resistance added to the actual containment field effect it applies (= the shield it grants).
    - This damage resistance can increase by a maximum of 15% as shields deplete. (bonus resistance kicks in around 70% remaining shield)

New Power – Force Barrier – Defensive Uncontrollable Summon (Click)

+ Summons a large force field in front of your current position which shields you and any allies behind it from incoming damage.
    + Summoned force field utilizes new threat absorption mechanics which redirects all threat from shielded allies into the field.
    + The summoned force field has a protection field style force field (159,999 force field) and 1 HP and has 20% innate damage resistance.
    + This ability cannot be ranked up and has no advantages.
    + This force field cannot be affected by any support auras, healing, caster super stat bonuses, caster defense and cannot be shielded. Additionally it does not benefit from any specializations.
    + This ability lasts for a maximum of 50 seconds and has a nonadjustable cool down of 3 minutes.
    + Upon activation this ability drains 90% of your maximum energy and places an energy generation debuff on you.
    + Standing behind this summoned force field removes this debuff and grants you a small EoT.
    + If the shield is destroyed before its maximum duration, it will detonate granting a burst of energy to you and shielded allies as well as a minor damage boost (10% damage boost).

Looks like I'm late to the party. Fashionably, of course.

In regards to PFF, 50% instant restore, followed by double regen is a bit much if you ask me. I'd say 15/20/25% based on rank of the power for the instant restore if double shield regen is to be included. Activation level of shield seems fine and the lockout for another use seems reasonable too.

About Force Barrier....sadly, a power that kind of did this (though it was a giant bubble shield) did exist at one point during the game's beta. Why it was removed is beyond me.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    cyrone wrote: »

Looks like I'm late to the party. Fashionably, of course.

In regards to PFF, 50% instant restore, followed by double regen is a bit much if you ask me. I'd say 15/20/25% based on rank of the power for the instant restore if double shield regen is to be included. Activation level of shield seems fine and the lockout for another use seems reasonable too.

About Force Barrier....sadly, a power that kind of did this (though it was a giant bubble shield) did exist at one point during the game's beta. Why it was removed is beyond me.

Mmm, would have to be tested. I'm just thinking about PFF in more endgame-y situations. If Force Burst was too OP, it could always be toned down.

Now that I think about it in connection to a recent power placed on LIVE Last Stand...it looks like "Force Burst" would be a PFF version of that possibly.

I definitely would have toned it down further IF we had ye olde dodge ratings in gear.

The suggestion for PFF was quite heavy handed, I think it needs a lot of TLD (Tender Loving Development) since little fixes here and there haven't stuck or done marvels like it was hoped they would.

I see a good number of players running Compassion / PFF now (ew), but the proposed PFF wouldn't benefit from Compassion at all.

As for Force Barrier...unless there's some way to make it usable without issue, I think there's a major reluctance to put something like that in game (despite it already existing and being somewhat usable by players).