test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

revamps what would you like to see done next.

I would love to see celestial or Gadgeteer done next, as celestial could use love really bad. Gadgeteer i would love to see a pet option like war beast added to the list maybe somewhere. Really all of the summon creatures from a device would be cool too add to the various summon things powers. .

Comments

• Options
    thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    Ditto on celestial, wish there’s a more dps route
  • Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    Following the road I can say they going to rework first all the Martial Arts powersets, that's mean Dual Blades or Claws is next.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Following the road I can say they going to rework first all the Martial Arts powersets, that's mean Dual Blades or Claws is next.

They're not. Devs have said they're not doing all MAs at once. They might change their mind, but that's what they've said.

I'd like to see Force next.
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    As far as Gadgeteering is concerned I'd like to see more laser pistol powers, including an energy builder.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    We need more ranged sets revamp \o/
    Revamp Ice into finally having the proper non buggy synergy it was meant to have with Fire.​​
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Or even better, revamp Wind, the lackluster Earth powerset of the Ranged DPS :3​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge. Once they are done with all the sets once (after 5 years?) they will need to start with the first powers they did to bring them back up to snuff with the last ones they did. It is never ending.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Celestial: So it can get Offensive options and Powers (Sorcery, Infernal and Fire got both Support+DPS options now)
    Archery: So it can get BUFFED and have single target DPS options
    Earth: So it can get BUFFED and stop being so underwelming
    Force: So it can get Energy Unlock, more powers options and fixing powers in order to be able to create a Force build without having to use EUs and Debuffs from other powerframes
    Gadgets: Because they are a mess and all over the place, this may cause it to take longer for this powerframe to get revisited​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge. Once they are done with all the sets once (after 5 years?) they will need to start with the first powers they did to bring them back up to snuff with the last ones they did. It is never ending.

Not necessarily since they're being pretty careful to make each set adhere to a planned baseline. Testing shows that they've been pretty consistent. The first revamps and the latest revamps are pretty much even, so there won't be some neverending cycle of revamps. There will be one round of revamps, and then after that they'll add powers here and there as they think of them.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Force, Wind, Celestial
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I'll quibble a bit over "first revamps and latest revamps are pretty much even". Some few things didn't adhere or didn't make it in, that make them even. Mostly minor things, but still some items that really ought to be in the older revamps.

Most of you have touched on the really needy sets. Just to add to that, I'd like to see some:
    Sonic single-target, sonic maintain, sonic close aoe
    Interrupts or stuns that aren't chargeups, in more sets
    (just made a darkness tank and would like a faster stun/interrupt in-set)​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I would like to see mini revamps of 'subsets.'

Expand on the sonic powers - in a way they can be mixed with electricity, storm, gadgets, and might, since each has some synergy.

Expand boomerangs a little.

Add electric and gadget heals. And probably review heals in general to be more cosmic appropriate and aoe-focused. Iniquity has the only wide AOE cone heal.

A summon improvement to be viable for endgame - like invincibility or incredibly high resistance to cosmic schticks and less dangerous to control because:

A general improvement and standardization of control. With manipulator able to stack better and removal of the 'attacks remove mez' system which is really unnecessary.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Not specifically a set or subset, but the Ultimates sure need a proper pass on them.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Everything!
    Force, Wind, Earth, Gadgeteering, Celestial, Telepathy, Archery, need it mainly, Might to.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Might and Force for me :) Can't wait to make my Tank into a Might/Force user for the fun :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I'm hoping for a sweet archery revamp.

72eGvvY.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    I just want everything to get revamped equally because I have at least 1 character that represent each powerframes, and revamps showed me which powerframes are underperforming (Archery, Force, Gadgets, DPS Celestial, Earth)

but having to wait 3 months for each revamp is killing me
    1313613920045.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @avianos I'm sure everyone can relate.
    82277825-impatient-person-has-died-and-withered-away-while-waiting-in-the-emergency-room-.jpg
    1489398924.darkastray_1489359692.raota_small[1].gif

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    "It is bad when they rush things out."
    o3o
    "They are doing it too slowly."
    ​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    o3o
    【I'm Dying Squirtle】

I don't think anyone complained about Powerframe Revamps being made too fast, only about Bugs​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    avianos wrote: »
    o3o
    【I'm Dying Squirtle】

I don't think anyone complained about Powerframe Revamps being made too fast, only about Bugs

I've seen people complaining that the Fire revamp was rushed within the past week. Seen similar comments about the other frameworks. You underestimated the ability of people to complain.​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I've seen people complaining that the Fire revamp was rushed within the past week. Seen similar comments about the other frameworks. You underestimated the ability of people to complain.

Well yeah, let's address the Elephant in the room, the fire revamp was INDEED RUSHED and the bugs related to Revamped Fire powers, old and new, are STILL here unfixed, so that one deserves to be called out, so no reason to Sugarcoat the issue (and we got a pathetic Fire Ultimate which underperforms) and I have no idea why the Debuffs havent fixed/buffed them yet

But this was 6-7 months ago, and I will confess the revamp was so underwelming that made me take 3 months break from CO to Marathon KH series

and now compare FIRE with the recent Unarmed and Single Blade, almost no bugs

I DO NOT WISH TO EXPIRE SQUIRTLE​​
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Earth and Force next.

But, honestly, rather than more revamps right now, I'd like to see new content and zones, and more new powers.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    Something in the brick framework. Might or Earth. Earth seriously needs to get looked at. At this point, some people even forgot that powerset exists.
  • Options
    Well yeah, let's address the Elephant in the room, the fire revamp was INDEED RUSHED
    I don't think anyone complained about Powerframe Revamps being made too fast

Best+shrug+_708448883268a9f863224cff6c7fcba0.png​​
  • Options
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Earth seriously needs to get looked at. At this point, some people even forgot that powerset exists.

Makes Gaia sad faced, It's disheartening when people don't recognize certain powers for whatever their reasons, performance most likely, I've had a few players ask me over the years (As Grim for example) about certain pet powers he is using for support (From the Frameworks NOT Devices), and that's not reassuring they don't recognize it cause it's not common but that's conformity for you.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Well yeah, let's address the Elephant in the room, the fire revamp was INDEED RUSHED
    I don't think anyone complained about Powerframe Revamps being made too fast
    Best+shrug+_708448883268a9f863224cff6c7fcba0.png

Complaining and criticizing about UNSOLVED BUGS and Glitches is completely different than complaining about Powerframes getting revamped too fast

Did I complained about powerframes getting revamped too fast? No! I complained about the bugs not been fixed (since Christmas I may add)
    If they FIXED the bugs over 6+ months now I wouldn't complain, I was expecting those things to get resolved withing 2-3 weeks but it never happened, Fire is the exception to the rule and not the Norm, I'm not going to pretend its OK

Learn the difference Loli, This is getting exhausting
    YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS SQUIRTLE​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Learn the difference Loli, This is getting exhausting

Okay, they were rushed slowly.
    1442353454322.png​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    All I got from this conversation is that I want FORCE to get Revamped and ICE to get properly revisited because SQUIRTLE let me die on FIRE
    ca5.png
    Okay, they were rushed slowly.
    1442353454322.png
    Also that Yandere Simulator will never get completed, was the choice of reaction image combined with the comment, intentional?
    tiger-35.gif​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    tiger-35.gif

Cats are cool. I prefer Bird People.
    a98.jpg​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Force, Wind, Earth, Celestial, Telepathy, Summons/Pets, and the original Ultimates are what I would most like see get a pass next. Some of these seem easier or exponentially harder than others.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I agree with the OP: Gadeteering and Celestial, definitely. Wind, Force, and Earth are pretty potato and could use love as well. Ice to a lesser degree, because it's at least serviceable.

Some things about Celestial in particular, because it needs to figure itself out:
    • Its dual healing/damage theme seems cool, but in terms of balance, I suspect it's holding the set's damage potential back. You shouldn't have both strong damage and ally healing from a single power.
    • Illumination (the player buff) is relatively meaningless and needs to just go away forever. Replacing every instance of "applies Illumination to the target ally/allies" with "applies Light Everlasting to the target ally/allies" would accomplish a few really important things:
      1. 3% bonus healing is a relatively useless effect whereas Light Everlasting is genuinely useful, and
      2. It's less ambiguous with Illumination (the power) and Illuminated (the debuff).
    • Powers like Celestial Conduit should decide whether they want to either be single target or aoe without relying on a debuff. Requiring buffs/debuffs for a power to function properly is cruddy in general, and Celestial has several of these besides Celestial Conduit. Holy Water says hi.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.
    Ah yes, my favourite Powerframe... Lairs​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    Archery should have a 0 point advantage that allows giant growth. In fact all power sets should have this as a 0 point advantage.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.

But you don't even run TA, and you haven't in like 2 years o3o​​
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.

But you don't even run TA, and you haven't in like 2 years o3o​​

He probably got bored. Not constantly running something doesnt mean you cant want something new around the same topic.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Cosmic average everyday players say hello :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.

But you don't even run TA, and you haven't in like 2 years o3o

He probably got bored. Not constantly running something doesnt mean you cant want something new around the same topic.

It's just weird to me that after all the grumbling about never running TA again now he wants another lair that he can binge for a month and then be sick of forever.​​
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.

But you don't even run TA, and you haven't in like 2 years o3o

It's just weird to me that after all the grumbling about never running TA again now he wants another lair that he can binge for a month and then be sick of forever.​​
    I don't think he's sick of it forever, per se. Normally, unless this is the only game you ever play, you can get bored of things and then proclaim hyperbolic statements like, "I'll never do [blank] ever again" then be back at it in ~a year at the latest. Maybe that's the case from vexx. Having variety is good, and will help with burnout reduction really.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    What variety is there in AFKing in rencen every day u3u maybe variety of girls crawling around in your fur.​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Force (defensive), Celestial (offensive), Gadgeteering Split, then a pause in the set revisions and some more Forms, self-heals, holds, stuns and summoning powers. The problem I have with the set revisions so far is that they're ending up quite same-y. I'm not hugely frustrated with the sets we have, I'm just running out of inspiration for interesting play styles and a bit more variation and new combinations would be more fun than revisions.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.​​
    I have to say that I often wonder how many players in the game actually recognize:
    screenshot_2018_04_14_04_08_56_by_marhawkman-dc8rvc6.jpg
    screenshot_2018_06_18_23_09_00_by_marhawkman-dceuwq7.jpg
    necrullloreportal_by_marhawkman-dca3idc.png
    One is a lair(not an endgame one), one is an adventure pack, and one is a crisis episode. I personally suspect most players won't recognize them all.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Middle one took me a bit to figure out.
  • Options
    Resistance finale, Necrull / Death's Door.... is that the Andrith one?

I will admit that I have never played the Andrith, Mandragalore or Therakiel finales, and probably never will. Everything else, though.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Resistance finale, Necrull / Death's Door.... is that the Andrith one?

I will admit that I have never played the Andrith, Mandragalore or Therakiel finales, and probably never will. Everything else, though.
    Resistance, it's just a random shot of the sky, I made it as soon as I got to Multifaria.
    Canada Crisis! This is the tomb of Kigatilik where he had been sealed away until some supervillain decided to release him.
    THIS is Necrull's lair.... but that's obvious if you read the text boxes. WHERE is Necrull's lair?
    NE Canada in the spooky ghost infested area.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Pretty obvious that any sort of re-vamp means work on the New Shadows ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    THIS is Necrull's lair.... but that's obvious if you read the text boxes. WHERE is Necrull's lair?

It's in Burial Butte, in Canada.

I've never zoomed out of the Kigatilik bit from Canadian Crisis. Always thought it looked more impressive than the fight!