test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 7/3/2018

Comments

• Options
    johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    Not pushing these costume change emotes out now leads me to believe they want to monetize them more? My thoughts were all would be available today, by the methods available on the PTS. Questionte store, drifter, & so on. So they will put all these emotes in a lockbox?

they won't, stop theorizing.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »
    You lost all credibility the second you lashed out in anger.

Also, what do you expect, they are "COSTUME" related, so it's only for that OC you pick, how excaly do you think costume slots on that character, will work for others?, its key to EACH slot, for that certain costume.

Uh... Aura's are really just a special type of costume unlock and Dev were instructed to create a new area and UI for them specifically so they could become character bound items to increase revenue. It would have made vastly more sense if auras were purchased once like costume bits and bound to use on account with UI in the tailor per costume instead, but would have made less money that way.

These new character bound transformation emotes are the same. they are being unlocked per character instead of per account to increase the cost to us, and that's just something we have to suck up, even though it rather pisses me off. Visual Customization should be all account unlocks, because if you delete a character you lose everything you bound to it, no matter what you paid for; character bound items like auras and transformations are just flushed away.

This is extra rude to people at the character cap. they will one day have to choose deleting old characters to make new ones, and anything they bound to those old characters will be lost.

It would have stung less if these items were 'character slot bound', instead.. that way even if the character were recycled, at least aura slots, auras, emotes, transformations, and vehicles bound to it would still be there for the new character.

Honestly though, many of these things should have just been costed higher, two to three times as much each, and made account wide, or had an account wide purchase option :-/ IMHO.
  • Options
    Bug: lead tempest's cost is the same not more as stated in patch notes, the damage is now lower.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I MEAN

Let's assume for one second I DO spend hours on end standing in Rencen (which I don't cause I'm hyper and can't stay put for long tiger-37.gif if you see me standing around I'm probably afk watching a video or sth)

Who do you think the devs would spend more time and resources on?

The guy who spends money on the game, as you put it, buying furry costumes and proceeds to stay put doing nothing

OR

The raging manchild that is constantly looking for new exploits to abuse giving me extra work on my already limited time and resources?

Which do you think will favor on the time/investment balance?

Like, you are even providing arguments against yourself, did you think this through at all onion-50.gif​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    iamrune wrote: »
    Honestly though, many of these things should have just been costed higher, two to three times as much each, and made account wide, or had an account wide purchase option :-/ IMHO.

How is that MMO you are running doing?

I mean, even if our dev team is small, behind them is probably a large accountant team with scary things like calculators and balances that think this is the best way for the game to break even and maybe even turn in a profit, and I would never argue with a guy with a calculator.​​
  • Options
    @lezard21 there is no need for effort, dev offers nothing but nerf nerf nerf and no reward only to the RPERs and furries like yourself who do nothing at all besides stand idol in ren center, and who dont know how badly the constant nerf with NOTHING to compensate besides a retcon token, effect the players like myself. Arguement isnt necessary, as long as she's dev they are just going to lose more and more players. farewell

Quit relying on bugs and git gud. None of your toons is legit, all you do is exploit.. whether it is fall damage + DoT, knock ups,or any other type glitch. You're always the first to jump onto the bandwagon. You're Quasionda 2, only good at pvp when you can use cheats.

Don't forget the shadowform/smokenade perma stealth glitch
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, I too am dissapointed that Catastrophic Pummeling went live in it's current state.

I still hold hope that the power was forcefully released cause of the Lockbox and that it will receive further tweaks to it's FX or mechanics while you keep working in the SB update, but then there's the Meteor Blaze case so...

Oh well, glad my crowd control suggestion was taken into account \o/
    THIS^

The visuals are underwelming, this still feels like a Martial Ultimate and nothing like might​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, I too am dissapointed that Catastrophic Pummeling went live in it's current state.

I still hold hope that the power was forcefully released cause of the Lockbox and that it will receive further tweaks to it's FX or mechanics while you keep working in the SB update, but then there's the Meteor Blaze case so...

Oh well, glad my crowd control suggestion was taken into account \o/
    THIS^

The visuals are underwelming, this still feels like a Martial Ultimate and nothing like might​​

I did hope they'd delay it atleast a week to improve the ultimate and stuff, I mean honestly I doubt players would mind waiting, to get new stuff if it's for the purpose of making it better.

i'ts still pretty cool tho imo

but i hope they can modify it a bit as lezard said.

• Options
    I did hope they'd delay it atleast a week to improve the ultimate and stuff, I mean honestly I doubt players would mind waiting, to get new stuff if it's for the purpose of making it better.

I hope so, I DO WANT TO LOVE this power, I don't hate it but it needs improvement visually to match with Brick​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I hope so, I DO WANT TO LOVE this power, I don't hate it but it needs improvement visually to match with Brick​​
    Yeah I really like the power
  • Options

I agree so much, this power fits my speedster (who uses heavy weapons scythe with haymaker) it fits her so well lol.
  • Options
    jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but you can get the Flag Cape and Star Brooch from the Gold Vendor for free now. I am a silver account so I couldn't claim this before. I hope the rest of the monthly gold pieces will be made available too. :#
  • Options
    So I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but you can get the Flag Cape and Star Brooch from the Gold Vendor for free now. I am a silver account so I couldn't claim this before. I hope the rest of the monthly gold pieces will be made available too. :#

OH SNAP!
    I'm may end up making Captain Greece after all​​
  • Options
    poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2018

those 2 pieces likely free right now for the event :o
  • Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Not pushing these costume change emotes out now leads me to believe they want to monetize them more? My thoughts were all would be available today, by the methods available on the PTS. Questionte store, drifter, & so on. So they will put all these emotes in a lockbox?

I was kind of hoping an important person would reply to my comment, preferably a dev with horns .
  • Options

I was kind of hoping an important person would reply to my comment, preferably a dev with horns .

well your jumping to conclusions and accusing devs of things.

kaiserin herself said they will slowly release more free ones, and slowly add them to the respective stores.
  • Options
    Yeah it's good they fixed wardicator, I only hope they fix the bug with avenger tree, that a lot of cosmic dps is exploiting for top score.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'm aware of at least three specs that have effects that do not match their tooltips in important ways that make them much better than they're supposed to be. The wardicator loop is not one of them (it's dumb that it ever worked that way, but it is consistent with the tooltip).
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I have to confess, years ago when I started playing with the Freeform system I would blindly defend the existance of this Loop to embarce the idea of a Well-rounded hero

But the past 3-4 I had been building FF characters with different SPEC Combos and grew to understand about Game Balance better (I still prefer using Vindicator+ Avenger/Brawler for DPS who can Utilize Set-Up AND Preemtive Strike and the proper TANKING set up with Protector)
    Those days being well-rounded as DPS in Alerts is not hard (since alerts have such low difficulty) and the powerframe revamps brought a lot of new tools to play with

It made me realized that this was indeed an overperforming exploit and that people became too lazy with it since they wouldn't try another SPEC Combo
    so I'm not surprised neither upset that it got fix

However what makes me upset is the lack of bug fixes and the buff of underperforming and broken SPECs
    Because DAMN IT, i want Arbiter and Overseer to be more useful and popular​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    On this Wardicator thing. First, props to Cryptic for fixing this huge exploit being used for game advantage. I'm rather stunned such a thing was apparently commonplace enough to have an actual name coined by the community. I hope I haven't been arguing with any of those individuals about the E-word. That would be...awkward.

After I posted this I found out it is infinitely more awkward than I ever imagined...lol.

If it would help you sleep at night, both my tanks were and are Prot/Warden and Prot/sentinel so I can use the E-word willy nilly o3o​​
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Good update.

Wardicator:
    We've literally had years to prepare for this adjustment. Seriously, we were told a long time ago about the infinite loop bug. Even with the bug fix, Wardicator still provides oodles of defense. I'm not sure why some people are so upset.

Costume Transformations:
    For Supers fans this is quite amazing. This is first and foremost a comic book based MMO, nice to see a nod being made towards that.

Blockbuster Costume
    Wow! That's a really nice costume set! Quite beautiful and thematically fitting to the games hero setting. Great job!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I never said that, careful who you are quoting​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Bug: The Blockbuster Shoulder 2 are not in alignment, the one on the character's left has slipped down

TIRJ9Mu.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    Form of the Swordsman no longer has the Cut Where it Counts Advantage. My Blade was refunded the advantage points today. Undocumented change or bug?
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User

Honestly I'm just having a good laugh about the whole situation. It's so absurd what I found when I bothered to discord instances of Wardicator to find out who was using the exploit that I would have spit out any beverage I had been drinking at the time.

Always nice to see some five-post forum newbie giving it the Widemouth Frog and talking crud about "Exploits".

Wardicator has been in the game for as long as I've played it, it hasn't been a secret, and yet that hasn't stopped several dev teams introducing Justice Gear, Distinguished Gear, etc, etc, all with set bonuses that served no other real purpose other than to feed the Wardicator loop. Did they know what they were doing and did it anyway, or did they just not care?

Yes, they've fixed it now, but not very well; and you can be darn sure that anyone who actually felt they were exploiting the game (rather than just playing an open goal) has already moved on to whatever spec it is which is still broken.
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Ha, that's funny. It'll be fixed by next week, sorry about that!​​

Awesome, will the firewing tights also be getting this fix?
  • Options
    These are the Release Notes :3

You guys should make a topic to discuss the meaning of the word Exploit.​​
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Bug:Dragon's Bite no longer refreshes bleeds. Eviscerate works, albeit with a weird delay. Ruptures work fine.
    Post edited by retehi#8400 on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Wardicator wasn't an exploit, it was a bug. Exploit implies that you are doing something to cause it - you didn't do anything to cause Wardicator to happen, it just did. And it's fixed now, so that's the past. Having tanked cosmics on my wardicator invulnerability tank today, and having watched a wardicator tank solo tank dino, I think it's safe to say that many people's worries were overblown and that the intended numbers for this spec combination are still viable. Of course many of us already knew that, but now it's canon.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Dragon's Bite no longer refreshes bleeds, nor any other bleed refreshers seem to work.

hrrrrg

Doesn't refresh, or has a delay? It's had a 1-3s delay in application since it was changed to a single hit.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The problem is with "fixing" Wardicator is that it also affects Guardicator. That defensive loop... not it's offensive part was the a large basic of my Hybrid character's PFF being a survivable passive. the defense boost meant the Field itself took less damage from every hit, much like having DR on the field itself. Now it literally takes 21% more damage per hit. That's a huge amount when your're not blocking every attack.

PS: I suggest a comprimise, Let ward/guardicator take defense/offense from those other sources, but limit the amount of stacks they can gain from it. The current nerf is just too much defensive loss.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Wardicator wasn't an exploit, it was a bug. Exploit implies that you are doing something to cause it - you didn't do anything to cause Wardicator to happen, it just did. And it's fixed now, so that's the past. Having tanked cosmics on my wardicator invulnerability tank today, and having watched a wardicator tank solo tank dino, I think it's safe to say that many people's worries were overblown and that the intended numbers for this spec combination are still viable. Of course many of us already knew that, but now it's canon.

I think people will be fine when blocking, it's those times when you're not blocking or don't feel the need to block such as fighting mobs in alerts, LI, etc. that you'll notice you're taking more damage if you rely on defense and not dodge for your DR.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Dragon's Bite no longer refreshes bleeds, nor any other bleed refreshers seem to work.

hrrrrg

Doesn't refresh, or has a delay? It's had a 1-3s delay in application since it was changed to a single hit.

Does not refresh at all, no matter how much I spam/fully charge DB on a target with any number of bleeds.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    It does /really/ require the healers to be on point 100% of the time though. Especially once that baby comes out that dmg spikes way up. I managed to do it today, but I had a ton of good healing.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    All players who have Aggressive Stance or The Best Defense specializations have received a free respec. Just a reminder, free respecs do not stack.
    ​​
    woohoo, thank you~ (woulda been happy with simply being able to redo the specs only buuuut i think this is helpful to those who kinda ended up building around both those specs together)
    Love the set but comeon! Missed opportunity for a mega man hand blaster
    +1

edit: word mashing fixeded >.<
    Post edited by alrii on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    On regards to the new ultimate I did some tests:

ptJ5TJF.jpg
    (this was on Live, r7 mods, justice gear and OV gear, no DUC)

As you can see, including it in rotation gave me 700 more DPS, but this was mostly achived by following a strict rotation of using an AO, then using Catastrophic Pummeling so that the Overpower debuff would be up till the 2nd AO came out of it's shared cooldown. In other words, Catastrophic Pummeling makes for a good bridge power for your AOs.

All this done in the controlled environment of a PH Dummy who is not attacking me back.

On Cosmics I didn't parser but my overall scores were lower than I am used to, but this might be me just screwing up while I get familiar with the new Ult. Finding a good opening to use a 5-6 second mantain is not an easy task, especially at dino.

I will however protest about the watered down CC resist this power got when compared to Fury of the Dragon. Timing Fury of the Dragon to avoid a Dino hold is already finnicky enough and it already kinda requires you to "guess" when the Dino is about to use Hold so that you activate Fury of The Dragon almost immediately after...

but with Catastrophic Pummeling having a 2 second delay, the only way you could use it to avoid a hold mechanic is just straight up by guessing.

So I'll still hope that this power gets some more love in the future weeks, cause as much as I want to love it, it just doesn't feel right in my Might toon.​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    I think people will be fine when blocking, it's those times when you're not blocking or don't feel the need to block such as fighting mobs in alerts, LI, etc. that you'll notice you're taking more damage if you rely on defense and not dodge for your DR.

You'll be fine in all those situations. I'm fine in them without wardicator at all, so you'll be fine with wardicator as it is now. Click the link in my sig to see why. tl;dr - you never needed any of that defense to begin with
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Patriot Event

Costume Transformations
    We are adding a new type of item into the game, Costume Transformations! These items will give you the ability to play an animation and effect when changing to a costume!
    • Costume transformations bind to the character that unlocks them.

​​

Really?

REALLLYYYYY????

For the last farging time, no one wants these things to be character only unlocks you greedy bastitches

Also, what do you expect, they are "COSTUME" related, so it's only for that OC you pick, how excaly do you think costume slots on that character, will work for others?, its key to EACH slot, for that certain costume.

Where's the anger again?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    It was on PTS, actually. Kai just didnt write notes for it.
    Interdasting

Huh, I can't remaber, but I swear Kai was a HUMAN BEING, but I might be wrong.

You just won't quit with these ignoramus quotes huh? :lol:
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User

Also, what do you expect, they are "COSTUME" related, so it's only for that OC you pick, how exactly do you think costume slots on that character, will work for others?, its key to EACH slot, for that certain costume.

No, me mimicking Maroni from Johnny Dangerously isn't me angry.

It's the character only UNLOCK, as opposed to account wide unlock I objected to. How you misread that I'm not quite sure.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    Really?

REALLLYYYYY????

For the last farging time, no one wants these things to be character only unlocks you greedy bastitches

We are waiting for your alternative proposal on how an MMO can make money. Cause you know, MMOs require money to run.

​​

Check my post history, I tried that years ago in regards to Hideouts and other issues. It's not as if account wide unlocks don't make money.

I mean costumes themselves are account wide..

Are you saying they don't make money?

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    iamrune wrote: »

Uh... Aura's are really just a special type of costume unlock and Dev were instructed to create a new area and UI for them specifically so they could become character bound items to increase revenue. It would have made vastly more sense if auras were purchased once like costume bits and bound to use on account with UI in the tailor per costume instead, but would have made less money that way.

These new character bound transformation emotes are the same. they are being unlocked per character instead of per account to increase the cost to us, and that's just something we have to suck up, even though it rather pisses me off. Visual Customization should be all account unlocks, because if you delete a character you lose everything you bound to it, no matter what you paid for; character bound items like auras and transformations are just flushed away.

This is extra rude to people at the character cap. they will one day have to choose deleting old characters to make new ones, and anything they bound to those old characters will be lost.

It would have stung less if these items were 'character slot bound', instead.. that way even if the character were recycled, at least aura slots, auras, emotes, transformations, and vehicles bound to it would still be there for the new character.

This ^^^^

In game as @forgemccain