test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Character Size/Growth Issue" Thread.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Who said I hadn't accepted it?

You, when you claimed it wasn't a fact.

v
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The game has growth effects that increase the size of your character.

This is factual.
    They can be used to reach sizes that we have been told are too big and cause performance issues with the game.

This is not.

• Options
    retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    Boy, if only this much energy went into something that actually mattered.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    We have been told by the developers that certain sizes are too big and cause performance issues with the game. You have to accept this or you're not discussing the topic in the scope of reality.

The part in bold print is an absolute fact, you cannot deny it. Perhaps you choose to believe that the devs are lying to us about it because...I don't know why they would do that...what would possibly be the point?

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I am going to apply my prodigious QA talent to the size mechanics of the game, uncover all of the exploits and send them to the devs for patching.

> Claims"Prodigious QA talent".

> "My frame rate isn't affected, therefore there are factually no harmful effects."

Good luck landing a QA job yo.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    the macro device still allows you to be bigger than any player or npc in the game...idk any other game that allows you to be so huge.... its true you cannot be as huge as you used to be.... but gd you're already like 20ft tall.

• Options
    Life injector + Super mag is not obviously excessive, because if it were it would have been changed immediately. Everyone knew, including the devs, this was possible. Heck, it was implemented to work that way.

See another thing you don't understand is the fact that the devs are not robots. Yes, they knew these things were possible, but they also knew that certain people enjoyed playing around with these things. They didn't fix them because there was an understanding between the community and the devs that these things are fine so long as players used them responsibly and tried to keep it under wraps. We had a sort of social contract that people were diligent about maintaining. We all knew that if we just shoved this knowledge into the mainstream by putting it blatantly on display that it would need to be fixed, and quickly before people started abusing it in large numbers.

You should understand this because it was explained to you by a certain big fluffy pupper.
    If the only thing which made them a problem no longer exists, then they are no longer a problem. Simple, yes?

Another thing you need to understand is that the devs get to define what the problem is, because they have access to the technical information needed to make that determination. You don't get to decide what "the only thing that made them a problem" is. If they were themselves a problem, then they continue to be a problem ( except for the fact that they were fixed to not be a problem ).
  • Options
    And it is absolutely a fetish thing btw. To each their own and all that.

• Options
    they also knew that certain people enjoyed playing around with these things. They didn't fix them because there was an understanding between the community and the devs that these things are fine so long as players used them responsibly and tried to keep it under wraps. We had a sort of social contract that people were diligent about maintaining. We all knew that if we just shoved this knowledge into the mainstream by putting it blatantly on display that it would need to be fixed, and quickly before people started abusing it in large numbers.

This is exactly the kind of thing he's going to focus on to vilify the developers. It's going to go into his big book of irrefutable facts that the developers are knowingly playing favorites and not fixing bugs that some people are exploiting.

Way to go, dude.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Well the facts are what they are. If he wants to distort them then that's not really anything new. Vexx already explained this to him before any of his foruming started anyway, and it was mentioned in the previous thread that got purged, so if he tries to act like this is new information I'll just call him out on it.
  • Options
    fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    When I saw Gigabear hyper-enlarge in the center of RC (in the round part where the Anni Cake goes) I wondered when a Super Duper Super Sizer had been added to the Z-Store. Only having 25 Z left and still needing to plan my Mecha-Gazillion FF toon, I did not check the store and just assumed, if it existed, would not work indoors or in combat anyway.

Something to make my toon as big as Mega-D would be nice for the concept; I would behave in public by not blocking access and would settle for scaling as large as possible in the character creator for combat / indoors.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Considering the fairly neutral opening of the thread I'd have to say it's a bit of a stretch to call it baiting.

As if you didn't know exactly what would happen. We both know you are not that dumb.
    Someone wanted to discuss this, it was no longer appropriate in the other thread and we were told to start a new thread for it if it was to be discussed further. I did so.

There was an important "if" and "you" in there: "Please make a new thread if you want to continue". And since you made the new thread based on that, that would mean you wanted it to continue. Which is exactly what I was questioning.
    If you actually read through the thread you'll see that the parts the OP were involved in were actually productive.

I don't see anything productive. What has been accomplished? Has any progress been made at all?
    If anything it seems like your comment is trying to bait some sort of argument about whether the thread should exist or not. To that I say if you don't like the conversation move on, don't participate.

I am not participating in the "conversation". I am commenting on it.
  • Options
    See, you were trying to bait me into an argument about if the thread should exist.
  • Options
    Sorry yall cant be the hugest anymore... but lettuce look on the bright side, yous still can be pretty huge.

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    See, you were trying to bait me into an argument about if the thread should exist.

No, I think you are capable of enough self reflection to stop trying to cause this silly forums drama. At least after it's been pointed out a few times. Or are you saying you consider yourself equally obsessed over baiting people as Gigabear is over this growth thing?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Listen we can go back and forth with you trying to have this argument, and me pointing out that you're trying to have this argument, and then you denying it, or I could post a picture of a cat and go have a pork chop. I'll leave you to figure out which path I've chosen.
    carrot_cat_smile1.jpg
    If you have something to say about the actual topic of the thread, feel free!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I just think really large characters look silly and ignore them. The magnifier I have on my 1 large character is all the size I need. I do wish that more (all?) passives had the giant growth option that Enrage has.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    New mission with Perk and Title: Bell the Cat. Defeat Katrottop Thunderfluff (Cosmic) - drops Poke Chomp health item. "Consume to gain 100% Health but suffer 100% Energy drop in ten, nine, . . . " Then be put to sleep for x time. :sleeping:
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I will not be a second class player. Never again.

I've never understand their need for such hyperbole. If you don't like it, bring it up in a polite concise manner, if that doesn't work and you absolutely hate the change and can see no foreseeable future in which you are able to move forward, simply take a break. Hyperbole doesn't really help you much.

Edit: This was in response to gigabear. Sorry it looked as if I was quoting zenith :p
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    Or does it help the most out of everything everywhere forever?!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Wow, so many comments on this thread. As for "giant" themes/concepts, I'll say one thing. You guys do so much cool things and I wanna see this more. \o/​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    First the exploits then this city then...the je—-the world! Muahhaahhahaha
  • Options
    In my experience, people who write manifestos are not melodramatic crazy people.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    And the person who cleaned up the thread suggested a new thread be made to discuss that. You were given express permission to do so.

Who are you, the Terminator now?
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    Forz knows the secrets to being super-huge. Those secrets died with his account innactivity.
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Just rambling about:

When I first started the game, I did aim to be larger than a destroid for sure, in and out of combat.
    It was great until folks told me they simply couldn't see. Now I'm constantly watching where I grow, and I have no issue with it st all. I do still wish there would be something for us that can reach quite the cosmic size and beyond, but so long as it doesn't mess up a lot and I can still keep my concept.
    I've been askin' for this kind of stuff for quite a while, and it's of course never happened, only been hindered. But This is CO, someday hopefully giants will reign to what they like (How it was before 2018) and it still be valid. Definitely could help players see what more you can do.
    Take it as you will, but I do have the same goal to "Make Giant great again", but also take in the mind of the community's standpoint as well.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Just rambling about:

When I first started the game, I did aim to be larger than a destroid for sure, in and out of combat.
    It was great until folks told me they simply couldn't see. Now I'm constantly watching where I grow, and I have no issue with it st all. I do still wish there would be something for us that can reach quite the cosmic size and beyond, but so long as it doesn't mess up a lot and I can still keep my concept.
    I've been askin' for this kind of stuff for quite a while, and it's of course never happened, only been hindered. But This is CO, someday hopefully giants will reign to what they like (How it was before 2018) and it still be valid. Definitely could help players see what more you can do.
    Take it as you will, but I do have the same goal to "Make Giant great again", but also take in the mind of the community's standpoint as well.

I dont have a problem at all with being big, and support people having their fun, but like you said as long as it doesnt hurt others trying to have fun, which is kinda what I was trying to get through to OP.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    I like walking into Vexx's body and pretending that I'm taking a nap in his fur.
  • Options
    > @oobtree said:
    > biffsmackwell wrote: »
    >
    > And the person who cleaned up the thread suggested a new thread be made to discuss that. You were given express permission to do so.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Who are you, the Terminator now?

I'm not sure what you mean. If it helps to clear anything up though, I wasn't the one who cleaned that thread and gave the permission to start another.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Just rambling about:

I dont have a problem at all with being big, and support people having their fun, but like you said as long as it doesnt hurt others trying to have fun, which is kinda what I was trying to get through to OP.

Exactly! Just some harmless examples of what I did back then, while still staying careful and with consent of others:
    ptlk4mg.jpg
    0YxzcOx.jpg
    W5PKsVu.jpg

But now that's all gone, and I gotta change my build again. But that's okay, one can dream.
  • Options
    I like walking into Vexx's body and pretending that I'm taking a nap in his fur.
    It is true. we all like big characters...big characters within reason.

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    Boy, if only this much energy went into something that actually mattered.

a fraction of the community was actually upset about the last changes that affected growth theme, it was requested some kind of replacement to the mag-shrinker exploit to be a mediant point between magn and normal height
    nowhere to be seen yet
    the whole growth theme is engaging for various people including me, so yeah I can relate to these people who feel personally attacked by these changes
    ok I accept it, these are for the better good and health of the game,(I accept it as reality or fact or any of that despite personally thinking that the change was biased) but don't get rid of fun mechanics without also thinking about the people that enjoyed them, not even if they're minority, people can have healthy fun if devs can help it.

so yeah, point made, this actually matters since a fraction of the community is upset and as devs, you gotta listen to everyone's feedback
    I know of some friends that stopped playing just because of these changes, and I miss them you know? I also miss having fun here in game too, but eh, live moves on and I'm ready to move on to the next thing.​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Players can already get to a pretty respectable size in the game. I had an older Giant growth guy who could get HUGE in combat. But since the recharge nerf he can no longer really gain that height. I do miss the character but he did sometimes glitch, which included him vanishing completely.

Still even after things were nerfed a bit, he could still grow enough in combat too look cool. CO pretty much gives us more possibilities in the way our toons look, then just about anywhere else. So I'm happy with the options as they currently stand.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    naciiito wrote: »
    a fraction of the community was actually upset about the last changes that affected growth theme, it was requested some kind of replacement to the mag-shrinker exploit to be a mediant point between magn and normal height
    nowhere to be seen yet
    the whole growth theme is engaging for various people including me, so yeah I can relate to these people who feel personally attacked by these changes
    ok I accept it, these are for the better good and health of the game,(I accept it as reality or fact or any of that despite personally thinking that the change was biased) but don't get rid of fun mechanics without also thinking about the people that enjoyed them, not even if they're minority, people can have healthy fun if devs can help it.

so yeah, point made, this actually matters since a fraction of the community is upset and as devs, you gotta listen to everyone's feedback
    I know of some friends that stopped playing just because of these changes, and I miss them you know? I also miss having fun here in game too, but eh, live moves on and I'm ready to move on to the next thing.​​

^ Perfect way to make a point. Just sayin'.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    I know of some friends that stopped playing just because of these changes, and I miss them you know? I also miss having fun here in game too, but eh, live moves on and I'm ready to move on to the next thing.

But you've already quit the game before any of these changes had even been announced. What kind of drama are you trying to stir in this here serious topic -3-​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The ideal fix would be to make growth effects additive rather than multiplicative -- i.e. an effect adds X feet to your height slider. Then it would still be possible to get 'bigger than other people' by finding more bonuses, but it would never get to problematic sizes.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The ideal fix would be to make growth effects additive rather than multiplicative -- i.e. an effect adds X feet to your height slider. Then it would still be possible to get 'bigger than other people' by finding more bonuses, but it would never get to problematic sizes.

BRILLIANT_.jpg

Amazing how the people with the best suggestions and solutions for these whole Giant debacle are the people who couldn't care less about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    +1

Ay! I've got a few projects I'm workin' on to help throw some content or guide assistance as we speak, like my https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1207153/the-c-o-s-m-i-c-battlestation ! I'm brainstormin' but not on this size thing. Hence why I ain't trippin'!
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think it is a player's fault that an aura is causing lag. and some people's laptop's can't handle CO or atleast not in graphics higher than lowest.

however not surprised if a player knowingly finds out a certain aura lags or crashes people and uses it to cause said effect on others.

so yeah if an aura causes issue you should either 1. lower your graphics, or 2. report it, if it's a legit issue and not a issue with a lack of computer specs or system requirements thing.

personally my other laptop used to crash to hell when someone used epidemic, didn't blame them though. had a shitty laptop
  • Options
    Yeah, so I honestly hope you can find a solution that doesn't cause issues for anyone, and doesn't involve any exploits.
This discussion has been closed.