test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have they started phasing out Monthly Subs?

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
The patch notes today had a lot of stuff about character slots, etc, but they never mentioned whether they are still following the idea they tried to pass a couple of weeks ago...... the one that said that after a certain date we will not be able to buy a monthly Gold sub and that if you want to remain as a monthly Gold sub then you can't let that subscription lapse or you will be locked out from monthly subbing.

I can't see any info on whether this went ahead or not. Has anyone else got a link?

Or do you have any info on this please, @kaizerin.
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Comments

• stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    I don't think it's gone live yet, and there's been no other word about if it's happening or not, but this lowering of FF slot price is not even close to enough to make up for the way they planned to handle phasing out subs, and not just because the slot is still obscenely overpriced.

I'm still able to log in and play my silvers, and my Golds are still locked but have not been forcibly converted. So it's not live yet as far as I can tell.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yes they have. Start panicking immediately. If you panic hard enough they might not do it.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yes they have.

I didn't see any new info about this. As I said, the patch notes don't really mention phasing them out.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Of course subs are still going away. We just don't know when. I'm guessing they are working on a character FF unlock option of some kind. Games are moving away from monthly subs and towards DLC's. Lowering the prices on character slots and FF slots, is an obvious move to make the changes less jarring. Personally, I think the FF slot are now in the price range of a ship or pack of ships in STO. I don't think that's an accident and I don't see it going much lower.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited June 2018
    riverocean wrote: »
    Of course subs are still going away. We just don't know when.

They may be. I'm trying to find actual information on it though. The lack of it in the patch notes was surprising and I haven't seen any communication from Cryptic regarding this since their announcement postponing the subs change and the introduction of the premium pack....... to have a "harder look at". Which suggests it's certainly possible that the initial idea for phasing them might not happen or that the method might be very different.

Greetings, Champions. After listening to your feedback these past few days, we're taking a harder look at this feature and how to better implement it. We'll have more news in the future, but for now this will not be launching on June 7th.

At this moment we don't know what Gold subs and the premium pack will look like.

zrdRBy8.png
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    No news probably means they are still looking into it. I doubt the reason they didn't bring it up in the latest patch notes is because they forgot to tell us about it.

edited June 2018
    beezeeze wrote: »
    I doubt the reason they didn't bring it up in the latest patch notes is because they forgot to tell us about it.

I doubt that too :)

Let's hope we get a heads up about any changes to monthly subs before they are dumped on us. It would be good to know what those changes will exactly be, after their "hard look". That way people can prepare and buy what they need from the Z Store in advance, while the sale is on.

zrdRBy8.png
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Didn't you know that monthly subs were a "Bug," and that they are being "fixed" now ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Didn't you know that monthly subs were a "Bug," and that they are being "fixed" now ;)

I actually laughed out loud at this one. =)=)=)
    There's no information, so anything you see is just speculation. I know it's hard to just wait, but that's all we can do. Nobody knows anything other than the people involved, and when they have something to say about it you'll see it in the Updates section.
    edited June 2018
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I actually laughed out loud at this one. =)=)=)

:+1:

I'm a fan of superhero comics but man, the feels when a retcon wipes out a fun timeline :s

zrdRBy8.png
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    The best test would be for someone to follow a subscription link and see if the site allows you to update your account from silver to gold.
    yvonned wrote: »
    The best test would be for someone to follow a subscription link and see if the site allows you to update your account from silver to gold.

Currently you can do this.
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Repost from LTS not worth $300 thread.

Apparently, today is that day.

Played last night just fine - today, my account is Silver, all characters in the Select are repositioned, I can only buy 1 new slot instead of 2, the Play "button" does not work and, if I try to make a new character, I have to buy almost all of the ATs I had last night.

Cannot figure out how to access my account to check my billing status, the credit card did not expire, so it looks like they changed the subscription model after all and my 3 month sub expired.

$300 for a game I only solo (no queues and only the Blood Moon event played), ignore most zones, and only have 9 characters . . .

Going to Vegas next week - even if I win, I still need to think about it.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Repost from LTS not worth $300 thread.

Apparently, today is that day.

Played last night just fine - today, my account is Silver, all characters in the Select are repositioned, I can only buy 1 new slot instead of 2, the Play "button" does not work and, if I try to make a new character, I have to buy almost all of the ATs I had last night.

Cannot figure out how to access my account to check my billing status, the credit card did not expire, so it looks like they changed the subscription model after all and my 3 month sub expired.

$300 for a game I only solo (no queues and only the Blood Moon event played), ignore most zones, and only have 9 characters . . .

Going to Vegas next week - even if I win, I still need to think about it.

That doesnt sound right. Might be an issue with the site, billing got messed up with the new forums. I'd send in a ticket maybe? I figure if they are going to outright cancel subs, they'd make an announcement due to obvious reasons.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Another repost from another thread. :)

As I cannot edit (anymore), I might have included that Microsoft stopped supporting Edge on my computer back in March, so clicking an Edge link briefly opens a blank screen, then closes it without displaying anything. Will send an email later.