test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change the flight model for Wind Flight

norealname4unorealname4u Posts: 1 Arc User
It seems strange that you create a tornado to fly, start out almost vertical, then switch to the regular flight model after reaching full speed. I think a model where the character was maintaining a vertical/standing position at the beginning, then the slightly leaning forward position at top speed would be more apt for this type of flight.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Arcane flight for tornado flight would be ideal
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hell… Even stoic flight would look better With the wind going around you so you cross your arms
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    With this suggestion, I’m wondering if it’s possible to set tornado flight to only have wind instead of picking up dust/gravel when flying low to the ground
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I can see it working well with a vertical stance, like Stoic Flight, but with the arms outstretched. With a bit of animation on the arms to have them move slightly to show the character keeping their balance (ever so slightly).

DAI6dSZ.gif

As it currently is though I have tried it once and never used it again. It's flight animation really doesn't go with the tornado visuals.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    There is a lot of unused potential to sell vfx/animation combinations for a lot of TPs, so much in fact that it would probably need a rework of the TP selection menu if half of them were actually added. I would like the arcane flight animation with electric flight VFX myself.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    They're not changin the old TPs.
    What they might do, is make new ones.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    While we're creating a new flight power, tighten the tornado down to the size Air Elemental uses.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @revanantmorituri said:
    > While we're creating a new flight power, tighten the tornado down to the size Air Elemental uses.

I totally agree that tornado flight should have a animation such as Air Elemental cause it makes it more appealing for the character and their powers. I also believe that it would be awesome if they A.) Make it where you the player can simply change the flight posture of the character in the tailor. Or B.) Simply make variants such as Stoic Flight or Arcane Flight for more versatility.