test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grond 2.0

grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
This is a draft about what could be a fifth cosmic fight.
I borrowed and mixed parts of the takofanes event battle and the nightmare colossus fight.
So here we go:

The battle will be in two phases:

- Phase 1 is to kill the current rampaging Grond in desert:

Personnally i wouldn't change anything to that version of grond, keep his current stats and gimmick and how that fight works.
Why?
1- Because it will be easier for devs to avoid mess with old things as much as possible.
2- Because that version of Grond is accessible for leveling players, and i do not want to take that from them.
Also keep his (annoying) jumping mechanic. First because it can save leveling people's life, and second because i have no doubt that more than 20 Lv40 people, decided to get new shoes in Grond skin, will not be annoyed very long by his jumps.

Only change to the current Grond: when his HP bar is empty, he does not collapse on the ground. Instead, he jumps one last time to the location of phase 2 fight.

Concerning that location: i retained several empty places in desert that could do it
(640 92 -2469 or -3377 156 631 or 2128 5 1816).
These places are relatively empty and not involved in story arcs, but are pretty small for what i have in mind. Maybe if desert map could be slightly extended on one corner, we could have a more empty and spacious place that could serve as battlefield.

- Phase 2: Cosmic Grond 2.0

That fight will be played on several fronts. Every roles can find a place where they'll be usefull.

Front 1: Grond

The boss to kill. Here will be the hardcore Tank, one or two Healers, and main dpses

- His stats are cosmic level (kiga, ape, t rex)

- When attacked, Grond gains every "x" seconds a stack of a buff (lets call it Grond's Wrath for now). Each stack of Grond's Wrath gives him a slight % of damage resist and a slight % of damage boost. There is a max number of stacks (N max)

- Gronds basic moves and attacks are the same he has in TA.

- New attack 1 : "Grond's meteor". Grond take a big chunk of rock, and throw it on a random player. There is a 25 feet bubble visible on the player targeted 3 seconds before impact to allow people around the targeted player to block or dodge it. Huge brute damage if not blocked. 200 feet range, 25 feet AOE.

- New attack 2: "Big Bang". That attack is only available when Grond is at N max stacks of Grond's Wrath. Massive 200 feet Aoe attack around Grond. Massive amount of damage, death for everything that does not block. Stuns for 3 sec and disable block for 8 seconds on everything that has blocked. You understood it, you must avoid the situation where Grond has N max Grond's wrath stacks. I'll explain how.

Front 2: Debilitating canons.

-Several seconds after the beginning of the fight, three vehicles, each with a big canon onboard arrive and position around Grond at a reasonnable distance. These vehicles can be Until, Primus, project Greenskin, or even Viper vehicles, i let you choose.

-These vehicles are friendly NPCs with a bunch of Hp, enough to take few big hits by Grond but not enough to be let alone during the whole fight.

-These vehicles can be interacted with. Interaction take few uninterrupted seconds to works.
When you interacted successfully with a vehicle, the canon onboard shoots at Grond. That doesn't do any damage but reduce the number of Grond's Wrath buff stacks ( reduction of N max/3 stacks regardless of current number of stacks Grond has).
Examples: N max=30 ; Grond has 27 Wrath stacks, canon reduce him at 17.
N max=30 ; Grond has 6 Wrath stacks, canon reduce him at 0

-Each canon has an individual cooldown after a successfull shot. Cooldown is visible as a green reloading bar above the canon. Balance that cooldown to be coherent with the speed of Grond's Wrath stacks building.

-These canons can be destroyed. If the three canons are destroyed, Grond leaves and the fight is lost.
Protecting, interacting, healing, and keeping canons alive is players responsability if they want to win that fight. Off healers, your place will be here

Front 3: Grondlings

When Grond has lost 33% HP, he begins to spawn tough Grondlings

- Each "T" seconds, a swarm (between 3 and 5) of Grondlings spawn. A new swarm spawn regardless the former one has been killed or not. That means crowd control can be usefull, but only as a temporary solution. Grondlings must be killed as quickly as possible before overwhelming players and kill canons.

- When spawning, the Grondlings will target one of the three canons at random by default if nobody interferes. That means players must jump on them as soon as they spawn to prevent them to attack canons. CCs, Hybrids, off tanks, and tough dpses will shine here.

Success conditions: Grond is dead
Fail conditions: the 3 debilitating canons are destroyed

So this is it. Just a draft, probably unperfect and uncomplete.

I let you improve it, build around or above it to make Grond a new fun cosmic to farm.

Comments

• Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    If all the Cosmics combats where like this (with mechanics more than hit with the stick until they are dead) I will not have any problems in farm them daily.

Hope when they finish all the Powersets they can start doing changes to gameplay and some of this idea can get in.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I like this, I endorse​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've hunted current Grond. 2-3 cosmic hunters can easily deal with him.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like a fun framework for a Cosmic fight. You would probably need to limit Grond's stacks to only apply once per player per 3 (or so) seconds. Otherwise maintains would be a huge problem.
    Post edited by vonqball on