test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Create a 2nd linked account to bypass character cap.

I don't know if this is possible with how the game is programmed but I was thinking that having a second account(linked to the main/shared zen,unlocked costumes, etc.) be created when someone hits the character limit might be helpful for any tech reasons there might be for having a limit. The second account would have to have the same name(maybe add "_alt" at the end), password, and share the same zen to prevent people from possibly reaching the cap then selling the second account to someone else, especially if it has a LTS.

This way people over the current limit can still create new characters without having to repurchase costumes or powers. It could automatically a new account every time you hit 50 characters. If someone has 199 characters now, they would then have 4 accounts: username(existing account name), username_alt, username_alt2, username_alt3.

The extra accounts would have to be created by the game and not the player to avoid abuse such as creating a bunch of accounts to take advantage of the free character slots and then linking them.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure it even says somewhere in ToS that having more than one account is against ToS. So no.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Pretty sure it even says somewhere in ToS that having more than one account is against ToS. So no.​​
    No such restriction I can find (the reverse, multiple players on one account, is banned). However, this sounds like a bunch of effort for no clear gain for Cryptic or PWE. It would likely be easier to fix the login manager.
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure it even says somewhere in ToS that having more than one account is against ToS. So no.
    No such restriction I can find (the reverse, multiple players on one account, is banned). However, this sounds like a bunch of effort for no clear gain for Cryptic or PWE. It would likely be easier to fix the login manager.

Ah, pardon me then. It's the multiple players I'm thinking of.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot