test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Methods to level a Healer?

jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
So for my next number going to use a Healer already know can level it using Illumination+Conduit to chain the beam if I don't feel with power to respect from other powerset so wanted to know if there is more combinations from Radiant or Magic (Sigils, Skarn, Star/SoulB...)

Other option is the viable NW+RT with PBR

Thoughts?

Note: Ofc leveling with Quests

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    AoED or AoPM w/ Hybrid role can work in general for boosting dps when solo, but still giving a decent ally aura in Support (assuming Pres SS'd).

NW + RThrow can work for any build, though it'll take a DPS role or Hybrid role, and NW is obv not a good healing passive.

Could also make a pet master build, but that's more for casual content due to iffy pet AI and their exposure to heavy AoE attacks.

Ofc, running Alerts w/ a team of high-level friends is nice, when/if available.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    So you're planning to level via quests solo as a healer. So what exactly are the needs of this character? Do you actually need the ability to heal others at all?
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So you're planning to level via quests solo as a healer. So what exactly are the needs of this character? Do you actually need the ability to heal others at all?

Sometimes the truth make me silly in these situations... maybe is the heat.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would respec as a healer when hitting level 40. Level as something else if freeform.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    ^ Yeah this... now this post is absurd from my part.

I'm still thinking as a silver player and forgetting I have 6 Rectons by toon...
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

I'm still thinking as a silver player and forgetting I have 6 Rectons by toon...

If you want a character that plays similarly, choose either AoPM or AoED as your passive, play in Hybrid role while leveling, and take self-heals and attack powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    There's a neat little sidekick pet on the exchange called REX. You can use him at any level and he does a surprising amount of damage. If you have any ZEN buy two cosmic keys, then sell those keys for about 90 recognition each on the exchange. That should give you enough to buy REX at the current going rate of about 100 - 150 recogintion.

Rex is useful for clearing out trash mobs and also nice to take out for hard to kill bosses. If you're running a support build with AoED of AoPM you should get very respectable DPS from him.

Another option, go look at the healer build thread. There are several DPS/Support build suggestions that are quite potent posted there.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I assumed you meant you'd be grouping sometimes, but want to be able to solo better in downtime. But yea, if going all the way as solo, then there's no real need to level as one as an FF when you can grind much faster as a dps.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    riverocean wrote: »
    There's a neat little sidekick pet on the exchange called REX. You can use him at any level and he does a surprising amount of damage. If you have any ZEN buy two cosmic keys, then sell those keys for about 90 recognition each on the exchange. That should give you enough to buy REX at the current going rate of about 100 - 150 recogintion.

Rex is useful for clearing out trash mobs and also nice to take out for hard to kill bosses. If you're running a support build with AoED of AoPM you should get very respectable DPS from him.
    Totally. I use Rex with my healer, speeds things up considerably.

Also, I agree with the idea of leveling as something else, then retconning to healer at 40. I mean, a healer can solo really well, it is just going to be slow.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    edited June 2018
    Right now I'm leveling up my healer in hybrid role. Using Ego/Con/Rec with Epidemic spam and regeneration passive. Possibly the easiest way to get through most of the content.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Having a nicely tricked out vehicle for open world missions is nice to have. The last healer I leveled used one (for a change of pace) and it went faster than normal. Lots of those types of missions on MI for late in the leveling.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

You can do a mini-retcon every level. I'm leveling a healer right now and my approach has been to add an attack then remove it every time I need to learn new skills. the downside is that you have to go to the Powerhouse each time you're getting new skills.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Or you could just plan your build and play through as your healer while you level, so you can save your retcon for a emergency rebuild, it's slower sure but it's an option.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Typically when I try to level a healer, I slip into alerts a bit more often than trying to run missions. It can be a bit more boring repeatedly going through alerts, but I find that it's good to build a memory muscle for new and unique healing builds early. As a support character, you don't really want to be outside of your field. Running quests solo as a healer is for masochists, so you either want to adjust the build into a bit more damage or get a few friends to help out.

If you're set on trying to solo, I'd take riverocean's advice and check out the Healer Build thread and look over examples of Healer/DPS setups. They may help you discover different ways to approach adding DPS to a healer. Of course, AoPM and AoED in Hybrid role are good boosts to overall damage as well.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    rtma wrote: »
    Or you could just plan your build and play through as your healer while you level, so you can save your retcon for a emergency rebuild, it's slower sure but it's an option.
    Well, the mini-retcon approach is a stop-gap when your build simply doesn't have any attacks at low levels.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2018
    So I leveled a healer this weekend. It was bit exhausting, but I wanted to use my new FF slot =). Here's what I did.

Leveled w/Alerts & Missions:
    I think this is the fastest way to level. Basically, run an alert. Then do missions with the Grab XP boost. Get the XP boost again, before turning in missions. You basically want to keep the Grab XP boost on your new character at all times while leveling.

Vehicle for Outdoor Missions:
    I already had found a cheap vehicle on the exchange. Plus, since I've been playing for awhile, I had Gravity Pulse in my account bank. So I slotted that in. This made all those arrest x number of Mobs go really fast. NPC's are surprisingly weak against vehicles. I spotted someone else using Heavy Cannon for the outdoor missions. So you could possibly put together a vehicle build without breaking the bank.

Epidemic Spam:
    I ranked this power quickly as possible. Nothing new here, just the old AoPM + Epidemic in hybrid role meme. At around level 30 I specked into my healer build.

Here's one thing to note, my newly minted level 40 ended up with aprox. 300 in global resources, 25K in questionite, and 300+ UNTIL recognition. That's something you won't have if you level with alerts only. Plus quite a few of the early level gear drops are very useful.
    Yeah, vehicles and minions are great for helping healers do missions.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Make a Epidemic/Pestilence build at first and then do till you reach up to lvl40. Then respec to a healer build afterward. o3o