test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any News Regarding the Premium Pack Yet?

2»

Comments

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So wait...the game making more money is bad now? Are you legitimately advocating this game LOSE money. I uh..don't think that's helpful.

Biff literally pointed out in the post before yours that people already could only buy up to the cap. So, no, I'm not advocating the game lose money. Ya blew it.

Okay then explain your post. From the way I read it it sounded that way, if i'm wrong, fine, but explain what you mean by:
    draogn wrote: »
    What about those of us already over both your listed caps?

You have so much, and you're still demanding more. That's what about you.

I do remember addressing this issue when you said almost the same thing in the release notes, and you were wrong there for the same style of thinking, so, if you could explain...?

I think she was refering to the free character slots earned with hitting level 40.

Giving it some more though, how about this comprimise: You only get 150 free character slots for hitting level 40 with toons. But, there is no character slot limit. Once you get your you 150 free slots, you will need to buy more if that is your thing.

How does that sound for a comprimise? I mean, most people are complaining about both the cap and free character slot (mostly the free character slot), yet complain the cap would stop money flow, which is ironic, as free character slots stops money slow...free anything stops money flow. With this comprimise, you'd get 150 free slots, yet, at the same time, would not stop money going to them with infinite character slots?

Y'know...not a bad compromise really. And i'll leave them to directly tell me what they meant
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    but explain what you mean by:

Someone has hundreds of free character slots, and they think it's wrong that they're not getting more free slots.
    but explain what you mean by:

Someone has hundreds of free character slots, and they think it's wrong that they're not getting more free slots.

Hm..while I couldn't find anything that explicity states free slots post-40 if you're subbed, after all this time in game that it's been a thing, it's not "spoiled" or "whining" if a feature is suddenly shifting. It's a pretty natural reaction. I for one am done making 40s in this game, there's only so much I can really make before I burn out, but the feature's always been there when I've gotten the urge in the past to make a new build. I'd imagine if I had any more interest in making another load of 40s and this feature were to be stripped, I'd negatively react as well.

Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018
    Hm..while I couldn't find anything that explicity states free slots post-40 if you're subbed, after all this time in game that it's been a thing, it's not "spoiled" or "whining" if a feature is suddenly shifting. It's a pretty natural reaction. I for one am done making 40s in this game, there's only so much I can really make before I burn out, but the feature's always been there when I've gotten the urge in the past to make a new build. I'd imagine if I had any more interest in making another load of 40s and this feature were to be stripped, I'd negatively react as well.

Neat, but the post wasn't made in response to you or your situation, so trying to apply your situation as if it was doesn't make much sense.

Neat, but the post wasn't made in response to you or your situation, so trying to apply your situation as if it was doesn't make much sense.

I never meant for it to be taken as such, it's a parallel to(most likely) the person you were originally responding to. Y'know...to provide insight into their thinking? :p

42 40s, LTSer.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I never meant for it to be taken as such, it's a parallel to(most likely) the person you were originally responding to. Y'know...to provide insight into their thinking? :p

How dare you give an opinion based upon your experience and situation....... pampered, spoiled player.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I personally have 182 character slots along with 116 costume slots (115 for my toons not in a SG). That is at minimum 20930 costumes. Do I seriously need one more character slot when I cannot even fill those costume slots in a reasonable life span? No, I don't. Which is why I think they should implememt caps on character slots. 100 for starters along with a one time purchase to increase the cap to 200 characters. And increase the costume cap from 40 (it's current cap) to 50, with a one time purchase to double that number to 100. Keep the free character slots for gold/ltsers, but, only up to the cap. This proposel is more than fair. And 200/100, that is 20000 costumes/characters (if a person uses one character who's theme is that they are multiple characters in one body, represented with different costumes), is more than fair.

What about those of us already over both your listed caps? The character slot earned at level 40 is the only thing that motivates me to level new characters. With out it, the only thing left for someone like me is the cosmic grind, which for me isn't sustainable. I've done all the missions, multiple times.

Both costume and character slot caps should be removed, all that does is prevents people from giving Cryptic money. Creating characters and then customizing those characters is the biggest part of this game.

I seriously doubt this proposed change has anything to do with hardware or software. If that were the case, if storage was reaching its max, no one would be able to make new characters.

Over the limit? Sucks to be you. I also HIGHLY doubt that you have filled all 20k+ costume slots on all 200+ characters you have. Still, sucks to be you. All things, both good and bad, end eventually.

The caps do not prevent people from giving cryptic money. Most people do not buy character slots. Unless they are silver players. Most gold players do not do that (I did, but, something tells me most do not, and most of my character slots came from free ones, I got something around 100 FREE character slots, what is the price for two character slots again? How much money did they lose out on from giving me 100+ free character slots vs how much they'd have gotten if I bought them?). And you want to claim these things prevent them from earning money. No, it is the opposite, free things prevent them from getting money. If anything, people like me and you (with a crap ton of characters and costumes) are most likely in the minority when it comes to number of characters. Most players, especially the silver players, most likely have a smaller number of characters and costumes than the caps (both the current live costume cap, and the proposed character cap), and these people are not buying slots, not even often. And people like me and you, we most likely stopped buying slots a long time ago (I'd be surprised if you are still able to buy non-freeform slots, as I actually did hit the cap on those, which was like 62 or so, I even put in a ticket, and the reply back than, this was even before the game went free to play, was that I hit the purchase cap...wait...I should have seen this coming a mile away now that I remember that reply). Now that I remember that reply...I should have realized I was told there was a character cap... That is a moot point now though. I was able to bypass this cap through free slots. But, again, do the math, 70 or so slots I bought, got about 112 FREE character slots, how much did they lose on that? Now, think about your number of characters. I highly doubt even most of them were bought slots. How much money do you think you got away with?

You want to talk about them making money, yet, you want free things from them...

The issue is not with storage, the issue is hardware related though. As I, and others, have saw, having a smaller number of characters and/or costumes makes loading into the game faster for us. Or that just might have been the difference between the test server and live...not sure really.

Actually it sucks for the game, as soon as I can no longer earn new character slots, I'm done. Currently, with each new character comes the purchase of auras, keys to sell for g, and more. That one free character slot just earned them $20+. Addons make companies more money then the initial product purchase. Free refills on stuff are given because the company wants the money from the addons.

The issue is not hardware, or software, or anything other then Cryptic/PW trying to gouge their customers with this purposed change.
    edited June 2018

Your situation is too different to successfully do that. Best to just let them speak for themselves.
    Actually it sucks for the game, as soon as I can no longer earn new character slots, I'm done. Currently, with each new character comes the purchase of auras, keys to sell for g, and more. That one free character slot just earned them $20+. Addons make companies more money then the initial product purchase. Free refills on stuff are given because the company wants the money from the addons.

The issue is not hardware, or software, or anything other then Cryptic/PW trying to gouge their customers with this purposed change.

How can they be trying to gouge their customers by putting a limit on how much they can spend on something? The removal of the free slots is required in order to enforce the limit, and the limit is required due to hardware/software limitations. Without those limitations I'm sure they'd be happy to let you spend forever, but that's simply not the case.

Of course with 100 character slots you're free to just delete and re-level them willy nilly. If you can't do that, that's your choice - you'll still have a buttload of characters to play so acting like you've somehow come up short in this deal comes off a bit hollow. If only being able to play your 100 characters is somehow not enough to keep you playing, then that's probably a sign you weren't invested in them much to begin with. "But I only got 100 characters before they found out the problem and fixed it!" doesn't get any pity from me.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Ideally if they could fix the technical issue they should. Just because the game needs the money from those who would be willing to buy more slots above the limit. I'm all for anything that brings more money into the game. And if someone with 100 characters wants to shell out cash for more, let them.

However, it sounds like this is a technical limitation they can't get around. Too bad.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I did notice not being able to buy any more character slots awhile ago and didn't really think much of it at the time because I was still getting more characters by leveling to 40... so the cap on character slots was definitely already in place and getting more characters past that limit was apparently a bug, it is a shame but them's the breaks... accepting it isn't condoning scumbaggery. I hope they figure out some way to raise the character limit but if it is causing technical issues and it probably is(could be where all those game crashes people always complain about are coming from.) maybe it simply is not possible.

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    beezeeze wrote: »
    I did notice not being able to buy any more character slots awhile ago and didn't really think much of it at the time because I was still getting more characters by leveling to 40... so the cap on character slots was definitely already in place and getting more characters past that limit was apparently a bug, it is a shame but them's the breaks... accepting it isn't condoning scumbaggery. I hope they figure out some way to raise the character limit but if it is causing technical issues and it probably is(could be where all those game crashes people always complain about are coming from.) maybe it simply is not possible.

While I do not know to the full extent of CO's programming (even though it is supposidly horrible), from my experiences as a programmer, it would be easy, to a degree, to raise the character cap (or even costume cap). The real issue is stopping the Free Character Slots along with techincal limitations set forth by the internet itself, their hardware, and our own hardware. For all that is what is used when you get the information of your character and all their costumes when you log in.

As was pointed out (in another thread), and something that I did do some testing on. Logging on to the live server with all my toons can take several minutes, and sometimes, it timeouts. Yet, if I log onto the test server, where I have only one character, I basically log on instantly and the only time I timeout is when the test server is down for maintance (the game tells me so after the attempt to log on). Now, last time I was told, the test server was not on hardware as good as the live server is on...which, would make sense, it is the test server, it shouldn't be on better hardware. So, this is not something that can just be fixed by Cryptic. They can help to a degree.

Now, while I do not know how much space a single character takes up on their servers, so I cannot say anything about that. But, I doubt a single character takes up a lot of space by themselves.

Another issue I see, is that while us LTSers and Gold subscripers are out of luck on this move (concerning the free character slot and proposed limit), silvers are basically not affected. Most silver players do not have anywhere near our numbers of toons. And frankly, I'm sure that if silver players were paying much attention, they would be laughing at people that have character numbers like me that are complaining about this stuff going away. I have gave a few comprimises, and the number of people that wouldn't benefit from them, are few. Most people would actually benefit from my proposed comprimises. And frankly, comprimise is something that needs to happen here.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Best to just let them speak for themselves.

So I take it that this means you'll be giving up your longstanding practice of telling people what they think, want, mean, or do? That's really good news. The future is bright for spinny.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »

While I do not know to the full extent of CO's programming (even though it is supposidly horrible), from my experiences as a programmer, it would be easy, to a degree, to raise the character cap (or even costume cap). The real issue is stopping the Free Character Slots along with techincal limitations set forth by the internet itself, their hardware, and our own hardware. For all that is what is used when you get the information of your character and all their costumes when you log in.

As was pointed out (in another thread), and something that I did do some testing on. Logging on to the live server with all my toons can take several minutes, and sometimes, it timeouts. Yet, if I log onto the test server, where I have only one character, I basically log on instantly and the only time I timeout is when the test server is down for maintance (the game tells me so after the attempt to log on). Now, last time I was told, the test server was not on hardware as good as the live server is on...which, would make sense, it is the test server, it shouldn't be on better hardware. So, this is not something that can just be fixed by Cryptic. They can help to a degree.

Now, while I do not know how much space a single character takes up on their servers, so I cannot say anything about that. But, I doubt a single character takes up a lot of space by themselves.

Another issue I see, is that while us LTSers and Gold subscripers are out of luck on this move (concerning the free character slot and proposed limit), silvers are basically not affected. Most silver players do not have anywhere near our numbers of toons. And frankly, I'm sure that if silver players were paying much attention, they would be laughing at people that have character numbers like me that are complaining about this stuff going away. I have gave a few comprimises, and the number of people that wouldn't benefit from them, are few. Most people would actually benefit from my proposed comprimises. And frankly, comprimise is something that needs to happen here.

This sounds more like a client issue then anything else. I don't have any such problems logging into either the live or the test servers. The time out could have to do with security software. TI highly doubt this proposed change, has nothing to do with limitations of any kind of system. This likely has more to do with getting people to buy FF slots, since they also bypass this cap and nothing was being done to them, and LTS for new accounts.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    And you want to claim these things prevent them from earning money. No, it is the opposite, free things prevent them from getting money.

I think this is a pretty short-sighted way of looking at things. Yes, giving away free character slots takes incentive away from purchasing character slots, but it gives a ton of incentive to buy other things. Having a steady stream of character slots gives me incentive to keep playing (when I'm not playing, they get zero money from me, right?), and when I'm making new characters I'm often buying new costume pieces or vehicles or whatever for them. I've bought entire costume sets from the zen store when I come upon a single piece that I like from that set, multiple times.

Now, you could say that I could do the same with costume slots, which is true, just have a ton of different looks on a couple characters instead of having dozens of characters, but that's just not the way I play. I don't think I ever purchased costume slots, and out of 90 characters I only have maybe two or three who have more than a couple costumes, and having wildly varying looks is something that I do close to never. Most of my costume slots are taken up by small changes to the existing costume when I didn't wanna pay the tailor fee for changes.

So anyway, I can guarantee you that I've spent a lot of money on this game, and if my ability to make new characters was cut short years ago, I would have stopped playing and stopped spending shortly after. So those free character slots have made them more money, at least in my case.
    biffsig.jpg

How dare you give an opinion based upon your experience and situation....... pampered, spoiled player.

Of course! How could I dare to step out of line :p

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Best to just let them speak for themselves.

So I take it that this means you'll be giving up your longstanding practice of telling people what they think, want, mean, or do? That's really good news. The future is bright for spinny.

Haha very good point. But let's not leave it there: They're admitting they're wrong and don't have a point. This happened again in the other thread(release notes) in which they were wrong yet again for literally the same thinking. Let's hope this isn't some kind of 3 time's the charm type deal.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018
    I think, personally, if some sort of consolation was offered -especially given we're also apparently losing subscriber costume pieces-this would be more accepted (and acceptable). Giving something to compensate for all the take.

Maybe, dunno, boosting stipend a non-trivial amount or something?

The sub costumes they speak of are the monthly rewards you pick up from that one person. Not the ones in the c-store. And LTSers (and people that buy LTS in the future), will continue having access to those. If anything, when/if they do away with subs, they should add to the package they had planned that would unlock those rewards to players that bought the pack. But, I think I remember them saying they were adding them to something else? Do not remember that part off the top of my head.
    This sounds more like a client issue then anything else. I don't have any such problems logging into either the live or the test servers. The time out could have to do with security software. TI highly doubt this proposed change, has nothing to do with limitations of any kind of system. This likely has more to do with getting people to buy FF slots, since they also bypass this cap and nothing was being done to them, and LTS for new accounts.

There is a possibility of that being true. Though, I have a good comptuer, it shouldn't have any issues. And I do not have any extra security software that would cause issues. And, unless they DRASTICALLY lower the price on FF slots, I doubt this change would increase such sales. And, I would have to think they would also mean the FF slot would no longer go past the cap. But, that part is speculation on both our ends.
    I think this is a pretty short-sighted way of looking at things. Yes, giving away free character slots takes incentive away from purchasing character slots, but it gives a ton of incentive to buy other things. Having a steady stream of character slots gives me incentive to keep playing (when I'm not playing, they get zero money from me, right?), and when I'm making new characters I'm often buying new costume pieces or vehicles or whatever for them. I've bought entire costume sets from the zen store when I come upon a single piece that I like from that set, multiple times.

Now, you could say that I could do the same with costume slots, which is true, just have a ton of different looks on a couple characters instead of having dozens of characters, but that's just not the way I play. I don't think I ever purchased costume slots, and out of 90 characters I only have maybe two or three who have more than a couple costumes, and having wildly varying looks is something that I do close to never. Most of my costume slots are taken up by small changes to the existing costume when I didn't wanna pay the tailor fee for changes.

So anyway, I can guarantee you that I've spent a lot of money on this game, and if my ability to make new characters was cut short years ago, I would have stopped playing and stopped spending shortly after. So those free character slots have made them more money, at least in my case.

Quick question: Do you dump money into the game every time you log on? If no, that really isn't a good point. In truth, they have lost lots of money due to free character slots. Which is why I personally think my second proposal should be the way to go (150 max free character slots, infinite character slots otherwise).

I'll put it this way, I've had 182 characters for basically a year now, yet, I still spent at least $1000 dollars on this game since then. Which goes to show you do NOT need new characters to spend money on the game. If you need a new character as a reason to spend money...well, I'm not sure what to say, except, you need to pay more attention to your other characters...I have trouble paying attention to all 182 characters myself...
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    You seem to actually have HUGE tolerance since I've seen you QQing literally about everything for the past 2 years and yet here you still are.

You'd think someone who does not enjoy the game would leave and move on.

edit: Just for shits and giggles I was going to go through your post history to quote the last entirely positive comment you had regarding the game but gave up after around June 2017 lol

I keep hoping the game will turn around, or get sent to another team again. It used to be a wonderful game, after all, and still could be again.

Please do enlighten me.

How about the unending BS loot boxes instead of real content? That's enough of an example right there. Here's another: Not fixing bugs that have been around forever and constantly pushing out those BS loot boxes.
    Quick question: Do you dump money into the game every time you log on? If no, that really isn't a good point. In truth, they have lost lots of money due to free character slots. Which is why I personally think my second proposal should be the way to go (150 max free character slots, infinite character slots otherwise).

This doesn't make any sense. Why would it matter if I spent every time I logged in? Here's two scenarios:

Scenario 1: for eight years, spend a lot of money buying stuff for my free characters. Costumes, name changes, vehicles, sidekicks, keys, etc.

Scenario 2: character cap reached in first three years of the game. Shortly after cap is reached and I can't make new characters, I lose interest in the game. Now we have about five years of me spending zero dollars on the game.

Now, have they lost money in scenario 1? They may have lost sales in this scenario, but it's no money out of their pockets. It doesn't cost them anything to create that character slot for me. Have they gained money in this scenario? Yes, a lot. During these eight years, they have made money from me being here. Would they have gained more money from me if they hadn't given away free unlimited character slots? Not a chance. I stopped buying character slots when they hiked the price up on them. And even if they hadn't, I'd at some point have reached the cap anyway. The price increase is where they lost me in slot sales (and yes I was buying them even though I could get them for free). Anyway, their loss on character slot sales converted into a lot of other sales that add up to more money than they would have made from me on character slots alone.

In scenario 2, have they lost money? No. Have they gained money from me? Yes. Have they gained as much as in scenario 1? Absolutely not. They have lost a lot more sales to me due to the limit on the amount of characters I can have.

I'll put it this way, I've had 182 characters for basically a year now, yet, I still spent at least $1000 dollars on this game since then. Which goes to show you do NOT need new characters to spend money on the game. If you need a new character as a reason to spend money...well, I'm not sure what to say, except, you need to pay more attention to your other characters...I have trouble paying attention to all 182 characters myself...

That's an odd way of putting it. I don't need a new character as a reason to spend money. Cryptic needs those characters to keep me logged in. Keeping me logged in means they advertise more to me. More advertisements in my face = greater chance of spending money. This is just the kind of person I am and the thing that keeps me engaged and keeps me spending. I get that people are different, and that you spend money differently than I do, and you have different motivations to spend and/or play, and neither my way or yours is wrong. Telling me that I have to pay more attention to my other characters is about as useful as me telling you you should pay more attention to your shoes. A quick suggestion from you isn't going to change my habits, needs, or wants. Those things just are. What's going to change my spending habits is a change in circumstances from the game. Without being able to make new characters I will lose interest, that's just how I am and you're not gonna change that unless you're some kind of brain doctor magician guy.

biffsig.jpg
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I love how this has devolved into others telling folks what makes them spend money . . .
  • stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    I love how this has devolved into others telling folks what makes them spend money . . .

I love how it's become whales telling other whales that they're either whaling too hard or not whaling enough.
    I love cheese.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Well when someone tells you you're spending your money wrong because you're different than they are, the conversation tends to go to weird places.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Don’t tell me what weird places I tend to go!

Well when someone tells you you're spending your money wrong because you're different than they are, the conversation tends to go to weird places.

Not telling you how to spend your money or you are wrong on how you are doing it. I just find it odd that you need a new character to need to spend money on the game. There is so much more in the store you can spend money on.

But, I'd rather talk about the proposed comprimises I made, haven't seen anyone talk about anything like that beyond butting heads about who's opinion is right or wrong. Time to stop talking about who whales better.

I have gave two proposed comprimes, and, frankly, both are actually rather fair, to both sides of the board (players and Cryptic).
    I think it's kinda got to the stage where it's time for some info from Cryptic really. There are many suggestions made as to how we could progress and many players have also given their views on how they think the initial proposed changes would affect them/the game.

Cryptic need to bite the bullet and speak up to end the speculation.......which is neither good for them or us.
    zrdRBy8.png
    I think it's kinda got to the stage where it's time for some info from Cryptic really. There are many suggestions made as to how we could progress and many players have also given their views on how they think the initial proposed changes would affect them/the game.

Cryptic need to bite the bullet and speak up to end the speculation.......which is neither good for them or us.

Hope you are saying the speculations isn't good for them and us...for that would be true.

A little transparency and cooperating with us players would indeed be appreciated.
    Not telling you how to spend your money or you are wrong on how you are doing it. I just find it odd that you need a new character to need to spend money on the game. There is so much more in the store you can spend money on.

What's not to understand? I'm not looking for reasons to spend money; I know how to do that without someone telling me how I can do it. You seem to be making the assumption that I don't know how to connect the dots between not having character slots and being able to pull my wallet out. I can absolutely blow a few hundred dollars on character rename tokens for no reason. I know that there's stuff to spend money on. That's not the problem.

The problem is that without free character slots, I lose interest. If I lose interest, it's not fun. If it's not fun, I don't play. Spending money isn't what's fun in the game, so simply saying "there's so much more to spend money on" is not going to keep me engaged. It's really a simple concept, I don't get why it has to be explained in such detail.

Regarding compromises, I think an increase in character slots would be a good one, but any finite number that I'm realistically capable of reaching is still going to mark the amount of days I have left in the game. The developers have said, and I'm paraphrasing "If we do increase the cap, it might be a bit, but not by much". One of the numbers that I've heard is 100 characters. I'm only 8 characters away from reaching that, so to me it's not a great compromise. 200 sounds very nice, and that's a number I won't realistically reach probably, but the developers seemed quite firm on their stance of not upping the cap more than 100. I hope they do but I won't hold my breath waiting for this news.

Removing the feature of gaining a new character at all is going to seriously diminish the time I have left in this game, whether they increase the character cap or not.

I said this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating. None of this is a threat of me quitting, it's just how I feel about the game. I know I'm just one guy and me quitting is gonna change nothing on their end. This is just a statement of where this player is at with this news, nothing more.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nayaflask#5866 nayaflask Posts: 20 Arc User
    I just want the power hues... ; w ;
    Hope you are saying the speculations isn't good for them and us...for that would be true.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

zrdRBy8.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    I just want the power hues... ; w ;
    SAME :/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    ...aaand there it is. 100 characters.

Sad.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Biff is stubborn. So stubborn that he would rather stop playing the game, rather than keep playing with his 100 characters. Without more characters, those 100 characters are basically just boring garbage to him and might as well not even exist, just not worth playing. Biff can't say goodbye to a single one of those characters because they mean so much to him, and that's why he will choose to say goodbye to all of them.

There, now everyone understands Biff's situation and can stop saying things about it that don't make sense.
    edited June 2018
    @biffsmackwell is stubborn. So stubborn that he would rather stop playing the game, rather than keep playing with his 100 characters. Without more characters, those 100 characters are basically just boring garbage to him and might as well not even exist, just not worth playing. Biff can't say goodbye to a single one of those characters because they mean so much to him, and that's why he will choose to say goodbye to all of them.

There, now everyone understands Biff's situation......

....except for you.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    This going to be a point for the veterans... delete chars or uninstall the game.

Whats is the point to have a level 40 toon full geared that you only login to do dailies and then logout? The fun part is level a char and see how it works and gear it.
    edited June 2018
    And the forum keeps eating my post...

So, to direct what I was trying to say to biff:

Well, good news, they increased their original cap to...100... Not ideal at all. But, they atleast lowered the prices on character slots (including FF slots). Still not ideal in the least bit.

And I guess the problem I am having is the FREE part. FREE means you did not spend money to get the character slot. But, that no longer matters. You most likely left.
    edited June 2018
    Oh, going to go read discord!

Wait..what...what maddness is this?! This was not what the LTS bonuses read in the beginning at all about the free character slot!

"Addressed a bug where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after."

The original page on the bonuses when the game launched said that every character that hits 40 would grant a free character slot! I remember that part! Wow...this is worse than I originally thought it would be...

"This also addresses a bug where players were able to bypass the character slot limit gaining character slots by this method."

At least that part made sense! But, even so, the previous part, is not cool.

Well, guess I see now why they lowered prices on character slots.
    edited June 2018
    ....except for you.

Which part did I get wrong good sir? :'3
    With the news that the cap is 100 he's probably already left, for exactly the reasons I laid out.
    edited June 2018
    The part you got wrong is all the silly griefing and flaming you did, and no doubt will continue to do
    zrdRBy8.png
    The part you got wrong is all the silly griefing and flaming you did, and no doubt will continue to do

There wasn't any of that, stop trying to start drama.
    edited June 2018
    There wasn't any of that, stop trying to start drama.

Perfect projection 10/10

5OY9wVW.gif

zrdRBy8.png
    Biff is stubborn. So stubborn that he would rather stop playing the game, rather than keep playing with his 100 characters. Without more characters, those 100 characters are basically just boring garbage to him and might as well not even exist, just not worth playing. Biff can't say goodbye to a single one of those characters because they mean so much to him, and that's why he will choose to say goodbye to all of them.

There, now everyone understands Biff's situation and can stop saying things about it that don't make sense.

"Biff enjoyed the game wrong."

It's a lot less about me making a conscious decision and more about knowing my habits (I am me, after all!) and having this information, knowing that my days are now numbered here. /shrug
    biffsig.jpg
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    I just want to point out that the character cap that "would prevent people from spending more money on the game" has been there a very, very long time. I'm assuming it was there at launch but people wouldn't have noticed because they wouldn't have been close to that cap. At a certain point years ago, I lost the ability to buy more character slots. I couldn't even pick up the free Freeform slot that was given away a few years ago because I was already above the limit.

So the precedent to implement the cap is there, but the way they proposed to fix that was terrible. My hopes is that they don't cap it, but I wouldn't bet on things going my way.

Smack, how many slots do you have? I have about 60 something currently occupied (which is above the 59 cap I remember reading) with about 30 something empty give-or-take but I never had a problem collecting the freebie slots. Trying to figure out where this threshold actually is/was because 59 wasn't it and neither was 90 in my case.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User

Every. Single. Time.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    I just want to point out that the character cap that "would prevent people from spending more money on the game" has been there a very, very long time. I'm assuming it was there at launch but people wouldn't have noticed because they wouldn't have been close to that cap. At a certain point years ago, I lost the ability to buy more character slots. I couldn't even pick up the free Freeform slot that was given away a few years ago because I was already above the limit.

So the precedent to implement the cap is there, but the way they proposed to fix that was terrible. My hopes is that they don't cap it, but I wouldn't bet on things going my way.

Smack, how many slots do you have? I have about 60 something currently occupied (which is above the 59 cap I remember reading) with about 30 something empty give-or-take but I never had a problem collecting the freebie slots. Trying to figure out where this threshold actually is/was because 59 wasn't it and neither was 90 in my case.

Good news is they raised the cap to 100 characters...

Everything else though was done wrong.
    edited June 2018
    "Biff enjoyed the game wrong."

I'm not sure how you got that from me explaining your situation exactly and making no judgement about it? /shrug

I've got 92 I think.

The free slots there was no problem with claiming them. The problem apparently was that we were getting them more than once per account. It was actually purchasing more slots from the store that had already been capped.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.